( search forums )
overlogin
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
mat
January 30, 2003, 1:15 am
if I run a dedicated server, and it's full, is there any chance to over-login (weird expresion[:-boggled]) ?

lemme know if someone knows how, or maybe change maxplayer nr while it's running...

penti
January 30, 2003, 4:01 pm
good point.. Ardean fix this ;)

Ardaen
January 30, 2003, 6:34 pm
LOL, the software I made generally discourages people joining after the server is full. Infact it makes the hack that does that partially useless.

mat
January 30, 2003, 7:02 pm
k, then... just do an ipcheck somehow onjoin, and if it is the same as server, then grant login... I guess that would b ok

Ardaen
January 30, 2003, 8:44 pm
There are problems with having more then the max users, minor things but the server doesnt handle it properly. For example, if there is a max of 10 users, the 11th user cannot win the game. Does not matter how many points they get they cannot win. (I've had 122 points in a game where you win at 35)

thewooddogg
January 31, 2003, 3:26 pm
Make it like Counterstrike adminmod.. it's sometimes annoying for people joining, but you can set up the server for 12 people for instance, and have the adminmod lock the last 2 spots reserved. And then those spots do some sort of password or ip check to see if they get let in.

The only problem I've ever seen with this, is that people trying to find an open game will see 10/12 people and think it's open. But at least soldat only takes like 2 seconds to load unlike other 3d games. So no big deal.

Think that would be possible?