DM Oasis - {{DM,TM,PM,RM}}
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Darkspirit
March 20, 2005, 9:04 pm
Map name: Oasis
Gamemodes: DM, TM, RM, PM
Texture: Rodzynka
Gameplay: 10-16 players
Waypoints: No (looking for someone helping me with waypoints)
Jet: Normal
Weather: None

Download

Overview

Comments?

grand_diablo
March 20, 2005, 9:07 pm
reminds me of krab, could be nice for 10+ deathmatches, yet, i dont like the colors :>

Soap
March 20, 2005, 9:40 pm
Interesting design. I abhor the shading technique you have used though.

Norse
March 20, 2005, 10:35 pm
Yeah, work on the shading and fix the colors to a more realistic looking shade for an oasis. Other than that looks good.

tntnik
March 20, 2005, 10:43 pm
same here, i dont like the colors, but the map looks good

The Geologist
March 20, 2005, 10:46 pm
I like the layout, and I don't need to comment on the colors since everyone else has. This is my one problem with the map. In a DM type of match, how will this map operate with 2-3 players? It seems rather maze like for small numbers of people, and that could present a problem in gameplay. And maybe it's just me...but the download doesn't work, and just gives me a text document.

Darkspirit
March 21, 2005, 1:35 am
Tell me, which colours you hate? Orange? Green? Olive? Or just ADD colours?

Geo: I know it's not funny when there is 2 or 3 players but just be patient and the party will strike :D. I really dunno why my damn downloads never works, sorry.

Ah damn, do I announce my map retirement? As I can see, I'm not the good guy to make maps, all my maps are a failure, maybe 1 or 2 worked...

Rambo_6
March 21, 2005, 2:31 am
Keep at it. You just need to do some work on your shading style, and your placement style. Also, try making use of semi-transparent scenery.

MercyM
March 21, 2005, 12:14 pm
The colors are a bit too bright.

chakapoko maker
March 21, 2005, 4:28 pm
+
i like your scenery use. it's put along with poly.

-
so many cols and polygons.
polygon which has a dark core is hmm. just shine them with an overhead light. it pays.
settle ideas in one layout. i think you make a nice space and size, so please don't put them together.

Darkspirit
March 22, 2005, 12:45 am
Official message: Ok guys I updated the map. i changed orange by aqua color, it give a oasis look now :).

Rambo_6: Ehh, I used semi-transparent... . I will work on polys don't worry ;P.

MercyM: I don't think so. It's normal if at several places colours are bright but that was in my plannings.

Chakapoko maker:[maroon] Maybe i can remove some cols but i don't care about polys, the map is huge that's why there is a lot of polys. With several polys, there is some effects on ground too and it can be good sometimes. I will shine some cores too...

GluLm
March 22, 2005, 3:53 pm
I think it's not that bad... There's still a lot of bumpy polygons though.
The red liquid part looks weird and it's useless, ugly too.
Colours aren't bad but they could be more attractive if they were a tad darker and more mixed, not always the same monotone colours everywhere. However, you did a good shading.
As for the overall design, it's not really original, but it's ok (at least it doesn't look like any other map made before).
The name of the map is too common, you should have made it more complicated or something.
Final words:
Could have been better.

Darkspirit
March 23, 2005, 12:10 am
I worked so hard on it, i worked day and night on it, am I so poor?