( search forums )
MPK Maps Of Mine, Like It Or Not.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Xero Anitso
March 20, 2005, 11:39 pm
Well, I have 2 maps, and they may not be great, but you might want to try them out, one's a CTF map, and the other's a Deathmatch map, but it can also be used in all the normal areas, as I'm sure everyone knows...

And so you know, CTF_Noobish is my first map, I popped it out in 5 minutes...I was just getting a feel for Map Maker, and then the second one's not done, because I'm gonna make more foliage and stuff in it.

Here's the link...
[URL]

Screenies...
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Skate4Razors
March 20, 2005, 11:43 pm
...Needs a crapload of improvement. Think of normal Soldat maps, like ctf_B2b for instance, your maps look nothing like it. I can say there is a bit of shading atleast, but there's no real work in them. Look at other maps in Soldat, and try to get some knowledge of them. You're missing scenery, and shapes (polygons basically). :/

Xero Anitso
March 20, 2005, 11:53 pm
I know, I wanted constructive criticism (sp?) and I think I got it, but like I said, I'm still very new with Map Maker. I did do that shading, and I know I suck, for now. I'll get better at it soon, I hope.

Skate4Razors
March 21, 2005, 12:04 am
Don't hope, as long as you make a lot of maps, you will get better. I suggest making a few maps, then asking a some friends if they look good.

AWH_ReApEr
March 21, 2005, 1:41 am
This's got to be a joke...

In case you're not trying to be amusing, I guess I should attempt helping you out..

The community around here, for the most part at least, are like a pack of wolves waiting to attack someone like you. I suggest you continue mapping, but keep them to yourself or your friends before you come and post them on the forums. Once you get a little better, come back and post your maps. You'll only get flamed/discouraged for posting maps like these here.

There are a couple mapping tutorials. You should definately consider reading those and then, once you understand what you're doing, attempt making a map.

Either that, or you could try contacting a good mapper who wouldn't mind helping you out.

Simple Mapping Tutorial
Waypoint Tutorial
Shading Tutorial

Good luck. Keep practicing.

grand_diablo
March 21, 2005, 1:42 am
Xero, if there is suddenly a "MPK" in the topic title, its there for a reason *refers to forum rules*

On the maps: I wouldnt even call those 2 maps, they need much more effort :>

MercyM
March 21, 2005, 11:49 am
Hmm... Well, I don't like these.

Jap_man
March 21, 2005, 12:01 pm
Well as you said earlier, you said that you were very new to mapping. Well, just keep making maps, try planning out ideas for maps before you start(perhaps drawing the basic outlines etc. in paint or something). It does help, and it keeps you on track.
Good luck with later maps ;)

zambo_the_clown
March 24, 2005, 11:30 am
dont worry about it now. i still suck at maps but try my hardest. here are a few tips:

-round out edge points ot flatten them
-use scenery
-never overlap just triangles, give it some body.
-use copy, paste, flip, ect... commands when needed

Belier13
March 24, 2005, 5:24 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROFL

LMAO

LOL

*LAUGH*

HAHAHA

LMAO

ROFLLLLLLLL

*LAUGH AWAY*

Metal Gear
March 26, 2005, 6:28 pm
I could make those with my eyes closed

Deleted User
March 26, 2005, 6:35 pm
Be nice guys.

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 6:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Metal GearI could make those with my eyes closed
I tried to do that, I almost got the same, but without colors...

sbu-spyvin
March 27, 2005, 5:26 pm
Use your brains when you place a topic ;)

Droopy
March 27, 2005, 5:44 pm
Now now, dont ruin his mapping spirit, he may not have the skills yet, but at least he's helping the community a bit. I think...

TIP: Use more poly's, the map will run just the same AND it will look better.
TIP2: Study original or good costum maps. And join SML.