( search forums )
The big # 10... Um, I mean 11!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Rambo_6
March 21, 2005, 4:50 am
I've noticed that Soldat has primary weapons numbered 1 to 9, and 0. There's no number 10! :P

And, I have some ideas for the tenth weapon. I know, there are millions of threads like these, but please, just read this one. I hope it proves to be more useful.

Every time i go online and use the barret, (you're a barretard if you camp, and you're a barretard if you run and gun with it. It's a lose-lose situation) i usually get yelled at. So i recently did an experiment where i'd join 10 random servers and use the barret for one whole round. Yes, I was pestered countless times in each of those matches. This doesn't happen with, say, the Steyr or the Spas. So why isn't MM trying to get a practical solution/alternative to the barret? There's obviously a lot of problems that people have with the barret.

My idea (which has most likely been already posted) is to have some sort of semi-auto sniper. Like the AU-1(or whatever) Semi Auto Sniper in counter Strike. It would have a clip of, say, 20 shots, and have a moderate reload time. It would allow players to snipe with a twist, since it is not a one shot wonder like the M79 or barret. You would have to shoot like 6 or 5 shots into the enemy in order for him to die. This would make sniping require much more skill. Also, on a sidenote, if this weapon were included, the sniper screen should not follow the bullet like when you fire a barret. Also, you can only fully zoom when crouched, going prone with this weapon doesn't let you zoom as far. I think this kind of weapon would suit soldat more because it doesn't annoy the hell out of people and it takes more skill to use.

Another idea for the tenth weapon that i had was some sort of triple-shot burst gun, like an OICW. I noticed there are only one shot wonders, automatics and semi-auto type weapons in soldat, but no triple shot burst ones. This weapon would be an excellent, yet new idea for a tenth. It would carry 30 rounds, but reload slightly slower than an AK since you ARE pumping the bullets into the enemies faster than you would with a normal automatic.

I will work on this list later, since i am losing my train of thought.

dv297
March 21, 2005, 4:21 pm
I always sorta thought there was no 10th number since there is no 10 on the top number button thingies...

if you press 7 on the number line of buttons, you'll get an m79, yet there is no 10 so you can't really have a 10 unless you count -

FliesLikeABrick
March 21, 2005, 4:25 pm
0-9 = 10 weapons

and like dv297 said, there is no 10 key (which is the whole point of numbering 0-9)

the weapon ideas aren't that bad, but i don't really think there is the need for another weapon

Judge_Man
March 21, 2005, 4:27 pm
the 0 = 10... noobs! lol
when you wanna use minigun and pick it with numbers, if it was #10, you would get d-eagles.
0 = 10

EDIT: DAMMIT FLIES!!

MercyM
March 21, 2005, 6:32 pm
Why not to rename Minigun to 10?

peemonkey
March 21, 2005, 6:59 pm
cuz you'd get deagles.
i think we should just foget about numbers, because that's not really the point, as it could be put on - or = or even `.
i always thought an autosnipe weapon would be good. what's a AU-1? that the G3?

_Mancer_
March 21, 2005, 7:52 pm
Uh.. So basically what your trying to say is a slower ruger with a scope and more ammo? No, not needed.

Magniitude
March 21, 2005, 8:16 pm
quote:You would have to shoot like 6 or 5 shots into the enemy in order for him to die.

Ruger takes 5-6 shot kills?

vash763
March 21, 2005, 8:29 pm
i liike it, deversifies the playing field, more chanllenges to overcome

sbu-spyvin
March 21, 2005, 8:32 pm
how long does it take to shoot after a shoot you have taken?

DT
March 21, 2005, 8:45 pm
i say only head shots should kill with a barret...
body or leg = cri
but thats just me...
and thier is a 10th weapon.... your fists

Vanana
March 21, 2005, 9:53 pm
errrr
in my keyboard i can see form 0 to 9 =P
wat about the one next to the 0?
it'll be a bit confusing cuz not all the keyboards in every country r not the same (' for me)
AND, no more weapon needed, unless a semi-auto rifle would be cool.
even though it isnt needed

KeFear
March 21, 2005, 10:40 pm
a sniper gun with 5-6 shots to kill? hmm.. that would be weaker than any automatic gun..

Hanz
March 21, 2005, 11:05 pm
I personally like the idea. What he said is not set it stone, it is mearly a suggestion to be worked on. Instead of killing in X number of shots, it could be something else more balanced. And as for using an auto instead, and auto doesn't have a scope capability, so this gun would have them beat at longer ranges.

Great idea...except for the number 10 thing...lol

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 11:07 pm
why dont they add a scope to all the weapons that you ussually see with a scope? xcept for the secondary and m79... A ruger is a hunting rifle so why dusnt it have a scope?

kwanfei
March 21, 2005, 11:38 pm
I do like this idea, and i think - and = key will fit for new guns(like peemonkey said)

ps. i think the anti sniper should do 3-4/4-5 hit kill, beside 5-6 which is the same as Steyr AUG, and it should shoot a bit slower than AK-74 so it wouldn't get too strong

Rambo_6
March 22, 2005, 2:44 am
I really think a semi auto sniper (i think it is the g3, peemonkey) would fit soldat. Let's face it, the barret is a retarded weapon. I'd rather kill an enemy in like 4 shots from far away rather than in one. It would take more skill, and it would be fun to try and dodge the shots froma distance.

and maybe assigning the '-' key to the 10th rifle would work, lol

vash763
March 22, 2005, 6:06 am
i think the barret takes alot of skill. not only because if you miss while someone is rushing you your gonna die no matter what, but because you have to be able to not only look in the zoom but be prepared to kill an enemy that has snuck up on you when you exit zoom. therefore you also have to master secondary weapons. and to get falling shots, flying shots, and still being able to kill the next guy in line takes some skill... in my opinion

SPARTAN_III
March 22, 2005, 12:24 pm
NEVER steal my 3 round burst ideas, rambo! [/sarcasm]

and i like ALL of these, but what to map the weapon key to

then we have 11 weapons! maybe the server could choose between barret and the sniper in weapon menu-if you have one, you cant have the other. sniper could be a PSG1 or Dragunov SVD.

Green Barret
March 22, 2005, 12:44 pm
There are serveral weapons that can fit the auto sniper role. PSG-1, MSG-90(a cheaper version of the PSG-1 based on the G3), M76(similar to AK-47), Dragunov(designed by AK-47 creater), SIG-550(variation of the SIG-500 rifle), Knight's SR-25(based on M16) etc can all fit that discription.

If this idea is ever implemented, i think it should have these qualities.
- 3(headshots)~5 Round kills
- Similar rate of fire like Ruger(in game)
- Scope feature like Barret
- Binks a bit less than Barret
- 10~20 Round clip
- Reload takes 3.5 secs

These features would even it out.

Rambo_6
March 22, 2005, 1:30 pm
Maybe for one release, if MM switched the barret with this, he would get some excellent feedback. At least, better than the feedback he'd get with the barret :P

DeMonIc
March 22, 2005, 1:44 pm
I think we should dump an auto. We have too many. -_- And this would fit just swell^^

MercyM
March 22, 2005, 7:05 pm
Some kind of special gun, like grenade launcher or something that blows up...

Vanana
March 22, 2005, 8:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by MercyMSome kind of special gun, like grenade launcher or something that blows up...

-.-
and the m79?

i think sec weapons are needed

kwanfei
March 22, 2005, 8:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcI think we should dump an auto. We have too many. -_- And this would fit just swell^^

I don't think dumping any gun is a good idea, because there must be some fans for each gun.

reckon
March 22, 2005, 9:00 pm
Add a suicide bomber option as a new secondary. All your nades will go kaboom.
Then all is setteled.

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 11:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by reckonAdd a suicide bomber option as a new secondary. All your nades will go kaboom.
Then all is setteled.

that would be kick ass...like whenever you get killed (while using that) you blow up

Gangsterlance
March 22, 2005, 11:44 pm
omg, that idea of blowing up when you die sounds lame...but cool.

someone knows UT? what we need in soldat, is a redeemer ^^

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 1:53 am
Redeemer would own to much since you could get it off the start.

Rambo_6
March 23, 2005, 2:55 am
A triple shot gun, a semi auto sniper, or an explosive, rocket type gun would work with soldat.

Captain Ben
March 23, 2005, 6:50 am
another sniper rifle, this time stronger, slower and with a laser line...
or a fat gun.

Futile
March 23, 2005, 2:48 pm
I think this semi-auto sniper sounds great. Sniping is very fun and I would love to see an addition to the sniper-weapons line. Give the ruger a little zoom to, while you're at it.

quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcI think we should dump an auto. [...]

Minigun...

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 3:33 pm
I think the idea would be good to implement...just not over the barret
As much as people dont think there is...you need skill to use a barret...that sniper line is useless as noting fires right no it...you need to master 1 hit kills or if your against an auto your dead
I customize barretards more to the people that sit in one place the whole game and camp the night away...but anyway back to the weapon

The idea behind the weapon is perfect- 3-4 hit kills is what im seeing, scope only to the point on a barret crouch, same or slightly slower rate then the AK74, 15 clip

I just always thought sniping was meant to kill in one hit...as that was the point lol

Da cHeeSeMaN
March 23, 2005, 4:50 pm
wot a rugar with lots of ammo???
my nightmare has come true!!!

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 10:47 pm
The Barrett is the only truely good defense weapon in this game, and that's why it's there. A Barrettard is someone who runs with it and tries to get the flag. There's a difference between a Barretard and a sniper.

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 11:08 pm
Once we're able to modify our own weapons I think that everyone can have their own configurations for their server weapons. All we need is a set limit of guns that CAN be had, and the editor to make them.

Otherwise, I like the idea of a new weapon, so I'm all for this.

Tribersman-FR
March 25, 2005, 7:16 pm
"have some sort of semi-auto sniper"

I dislike the idea ...

you want suggest a Barret without the reload time ...
It's a ruger(2 shot to kill) with a long range and scope ...

very bad idea : the ruger and the Deagle are allready too powerfull

Deleted User
March 26, 2005, 4:55 am
ruger might handle it well enough for this...ruger is about as close as it gets to the description without a scope....
Barretard comment from before- i find this wrong as i can easilly raid a full base double killing every shot....i personally dont know why "barretard" has been used as there is no right or wrong way to use a gun...unless your a full game camper or spawnkilling...
and as soon as the weapon modifier comes out were gonna have barret power guns with the bullet chain of a minigun and the firing rate of an hkmp5

Captain Ben
March 26, 2005, 7:33 am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there really a weapon editor in the works?

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 7:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Vananaquote:Originally posted by MercyMSome kind of special gun, like grenade launcher or something that blows up...

-.-
and the m79?

i think sec weapons are needed
I meant, that Soldat has only 2 weapons, that shoots rockets or grenades. And there's 11 weapons, that don't shoot rockets or grenades.
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenCorrect me if I'm wrong, but is there really a weapon editor in the works?
Actually, there is already a weapon editor, that can change the power of the weapons.

Deleted User
March 26, 2005, 7:56 am
Already? They're talking about a weapon MAKER. Like, make your own gun. Customize power, accuracy, ammo, and all that jazz.

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 7:59 am
It's not ready yet. But it would be brillllliiaaaantt. ;]

UltraMagnus
March 26, 2005, 9:07 am
the barret is ok as it is, and that idea of a semi auto sniper is just crap, its just a crapper version of the ruger.....

as for the second idea, wuh?

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 8:00 pm
it sounds basically like the ruger but with more bullets and full auto mode, i hate it, barretters are easy to take down, just learn to aim or rush them with a mingun or the mp5, problem solved.
also there should be catergories, i dont know if anybody read my suggestion about it
1 = pistols, 2= smgs 3=rifles 4=shotguns 5=heavy support 6=sniper rifles
there easy ^^

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 11:30 pm
I TINKS WE SHOULD ADD A CROSSBOW THAT KILLS U IN 3 SHOTS!!!