( search forums )
headhunter
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SPARTAN_III
March 21, 2005, 6:57 am
this was a prototype gamemode for halo2....

basically when u kill someone, they will drop a flag (or something else, whatever the hell) you will take that flag and deposit it at a certain point, getting yourself a point. you dont get points just for killing a guy. kill a guy and u can take his flags if he has any.

like it?

Meandor
March 21, 2005, 4:06 pm
I believe halo2 took this idea from Q3.

MercyM
March 21, 2005, 6:33 pm
Yeah, I agree with Meandor.

sbu-spyvin
March 21, 2005, 6:34 pm
Is it like a black flag you must bring to a white flag point or something like that.

Sounds like Inf by yourself. But people must tkae over your flag.
Hmmm sound nice but i got my doubt about it.

Zegovia
March 21, 2005, 7:01 pm
You kill a guy (and avoid getting killed), he drops a flag (or a head! :D), you get it before everyone else, get points, and win.

Sounds fun..... :)

Vanana
March 21, 2005, 9:48 pm
i cant understand...
you mean
as long as you hold a symbol you will be earning points?
im messed :S

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 11:17 pm
sounds fun i like it, i heard of this before.....

kwanfei
March 21, 2005, 11:25 pm
sound good,
and i think red and blue flag(in ctf) is better than black and white flag (in inf), so no body would do selfkill and get points, anyway, the server can't define which white flag is which team's = ="

SPARTAN_III
March 22, 2005, 12:14 pm
vanana: you earn points for depositing the flags, not just holding it like in INF. in halo2 the idea was skulls, but we already have flags.

do u think there should be a limit on how many flags we can carry at once?

Rhombus
March 22, 2005, 12:30 pm
better one: one black flag, a red and blue team (maybe charlie and delta too) everybody has to bring the black flag to his own. massive chaos.

kwanfei
March 22, 2005, 8:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rhombusbetter one: one black flag, a red and blue team (maybe charlie and delta too) everybody has to bring the black flag to his own. massive chaos.

sound like mix CTF and INF together, lol

Rhombus
March 23, 2005, 7:18 am
that is so not cool. The Timesplitter mode "thief" might be better I think. In that mode, if somebody dies, he drops a coin. it doesnt matter how many ppl you kill, it only matters how many coins you collect. This will decrease the number of campers I think.

Captain Ben
March 23, 2005, 8:24 am
if you kill someone who has some flags, do they drop all of them?

vash763
March 23, 2005, 8:53 am
or do they all shoot up in different directions and you gotta chase em down? (dragonballs lol)

SPARTAN_III
March 23, 2005, 9:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain Benif you kill someone who has some flags, do they drop all of them?

yes. or it could be something different. in the prototype for halo2 it was skulls, but what do you think? should it be flag, or something diff. maybe since its headhunter, you collect his helmet/hat/head?

March 23, 2005, 11:06 am
Everyone on Red team. friendly fire on. Same thing, just annoying

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 7:29 pm
hmm like the idia:
its an game type were u are never sure about ur score...

maybe there are ten peoaple in game. every ten points one of these flags or whatever u call it.. u kill someone with many points.. get them are the top, the guy u killed started again with 0 he some killed u get all urs and so on...
for me it sounds like a lot of fun

kwanfei
March 23, 2005, 8:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by silentparkhmm like the idia:
its an game type were u are never sure about ur score...

maybe there are ten peoaple in game. every ten points one of these flags or whatever u call it.. u kill someone with many points.. get them are the top, the guy u killed started again with 0 he some killed u get all urs and so on...
for me it sounds like a lot of fun

i don't like it, this will request too much luck

Vanana
March 23, 2005, 9:15 pm
wat about a football mode?
with a ball, the ball carrier cant hold a weapon but by clicking he can throw the ball like a knife
then the ball-holding team must get to the enemy's goal and score
then it'll convert into a CTF style but with 1 flag?

zyxstand
March 23, 2005, 10:03 pm
hmm, talking bout original idea:
firstly, can u see the flg that the people have?
-next, if u can, then u probably have a flag too and can score with it? (i assume not)
-if u cannot see ur own flag, then if u kill someone and get their flag, would u see that?
-if yes, then when someone kill u and u have someone else's flag + ur own, does he get both flags?

DETAILS! it's all about the details.

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 10:38 pm
"then it'll convert into a CTF style but with 1 flag"
Oh, you mean like INF?

kwanfei
March 24, 2005, 1:18 am
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIquote:Originally posted by Captain Benif you kill someone who has some flags, do they drop all of them?

yes. or it could be something different. in the prototype for halo2 it was skulls, but what do you think? should it be flag, or something diff. maybe since its headhunter, you collect his helmet/hat/head?

The dog tages would be good because it is already there, but it may be too small to show how many do u have

kwanfei
March 24, 2005, 1:31 am
quote:Originally posted by 117Everyone on Red team. friendly fire on. Same thing, just annoying

a little different, this idea is everyone has a flag(or thing) when spawn, then ppl kill each other and pick up they flag and sorc in to a place just like CTF/INF

Vanana
March 24, 2005, 1:35 am
too confusing idea
:P
still original but...kinda messy

Liquid Metal
March 24, 2005, 5:47 am
I've played this before in Tribes 2 but forgot what it was called... Anyways it would be cool in soldat, like ppl running for flags ppl dropped and then getting the hell outta there instead of just blowing each other up like any other mode.

CottonTheMoth
March 27, 2005, 12:41 am
This was in tribes also....