( search forums )
Location Information in the Server List
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Vijchtidoodah
March 21, 2005, 10:23 am
Alright, bear with me, I have a fever and I'm just trying to get this down before I pass out...

It would be much easier if the server list gave out location information on the specific servers so that I can decide whether or not I want to play in a server in North America or Europe. While the ping information tells me how slow the server is at the moment, knowing exactly where it is will tell me what to expect in the long run...Or maybe there could be an average server ping so that my computer keeps a running tab of all the pings that I've gotten in the past from that server and averages them all together.

Anyway, tell me what you think while I go get some sleep.

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 7:52 pm
I BEAR with You...
i have that idea mounth ago and like it...
Go.. Vijchtidoodah GO GO !

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 8:24 pm
i like this idea, and it should also have a lag filter so if you want to play in a server were you have under 100 or something

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 7:38 am
YES YES YES YES YES

this is an excellent idea, im sick of joining servers only to find out that everyone there speaks some kind of [IMAGE]ized german, kinda gets in the way of teamplay abit when you dont understand a word anyone is saying......

Green Barret
March 28, 2005, 7:49 am
Ahh... yes... this was the thing ive always dreamed of...

Its annoying to me if a join an ok looking server with fine ping, and joining only to realize that its a UK server(Hey, i live all the way down in Asia). God bless you Vijchidoodah!

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 1:18 pm
Yes, this would be so great.
Where did you get this idea? :P

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 7:53 pm
GREAT IDEA EVEN THOUGH THIS HAS BEEN posted before ithink!!!!!!!.....i still like it

STEELIX
March 28, 2005, 8:08 pm
You've just undermined my idea of Canadians having brains, dascoo
:(

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 10:57 pm
lol

zyxstand
March 29, 2005, 1:08 am
actually, the ping list does the job 99% of the time... i don think thats soo necessary: if there is a server from eruope and ur in NA and the ping is less than one that's in NA then just join the european - it's ping is less and tats all that counts.

Cowzilla
March 29, 2005, 1:50 am
Ah, I was waiting for someone to disagree, I was thinkin it might have to be me.