( search forums )
Backward Jets
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
dv297
March 21, 2005, 6:03 pm
This is sorta hard to explain but I'll try my best

We all know how to prone in midair and jet to get a flag or attack someone but what if we could lay on our back? We lay in midair so we can shoot at people behind us when we run with the flag.

edit- before you guys flame, i did do a search. nothin that fit my desciption

lastpatriot
March 22, 2005, 4:59 pm
It sounds cool, but seems kind of pointless, like the new Bullet Time. All of my BT shots are when I am gunning someone down on land with the MP5, without any movement at all. Never when something cool happens.

MercyM
March 22, 2005, 7:04 pm
Just like in Max Payne?

STEELIX
March 22, 2005, 7:08 pm
I don't see why not, since we can lie on our front while flying too... ;D

Vanana
March 22, 2005, 7:53 pm
yeap, a graphical add...
wouldnt affect gameplay
wat bout a jet-dash...?

zyxstand
March 23, 2005, 1:59 am
yeah, jet boost sound cool! like an emergency exit in tight situations! like u press the "O [IMAGE]" button (some of u might actually know it lol) and your boost go full power and u accelerate away! WOOOSHHH. kinda like in halo 2 in the goast, has an emergency kinda boost to get out of tight situations - or, for both matters, to get INTO one as fast as possible (maybe to safe flag or get flag carrier or kill someone that u no has low health!)

Hanz
March 23, 2005, 3:26 am
I like the idea of the big jetpack "Woosh". When this happens it could use up all of your jetpack fuel at one time, sending you in one direction very quickly. There would be downsides to it also, like using it to get the flag, then using it to escape. I can see how it could get lame too, something that could be worked out im sure...

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 3:45 am
Er, i think you guys are missing the point. It wouldnt just add a new animation, it would improve the game. I think its a great idea.

It would allow you to shoot the direction opposite from the direction you are moving while prone. At this time, you cannot shoot backwards while prone (and using jetpacks), you can only shoot the direction you are moving.

I think it would be a neat and probably small (easy to do) add.

Captain Ben
March 23, 2005, 6:04 am
i like the idea, but i wouldn't like to see more controls in soldat...

Gen0cide
March 23, 2005, 6:15 am
Just one more control..or maybe you could prone fly by putting the mouse down and pressing prone with jets,and then going on your back by pointing the mouse up and pressing prone when flying..
If you can understand that :)

Michal Marcinkowski
March 23, 2005, 10:20 pm
Maybe if you went backwards and hit prone you could do that. It would look like dodging a bullet (matrix style). I'll see how it would work.

Vanana
March 24, 2005, 1:37 am
:O
ty MM!
=P
make a double-tap big side step

dv297
March 24, 2005, 2:01 am
yay mm posted!

I don't think using your mouse is a good idea geno.
And sometimes people run backwards and then prone forwards on purpose so they can dodge bullets.

I think the c button would work.

Krios
March 24, 2005, 6:12 pm
um...Max Payn"ish" i'd like to shoot behind me without my guy standing up in mid air then get wasted by a barret becuase I just became a bigger target. good suggestion though.

Rhombus
March 24, 2005, 6:36 pm
Woah, dv297 is so lucky, his very topic is blessed by the big and mighty M, wow! And by the a$s-kissing Rhombus of course :p

Deleted User
March 25, 2005, 7:38 am
Man, this would so rock. It's like, Hey! Wanna shoot me with the Barret? Other Guy: Sure! OPEN FIRE! Then I'd be like, Not today sucka! Back pronage, bullet flies over. Haha! I win sucka! Other Guy: Wah.

MercyM
March 25, 2005, 7:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiMaybe if you went backwards and hit prone you could do that. It would look like dodging a bullet (matrix style). I'll see how it would work.
No! Max Payne style! >:D

Deleted User
March 25, 2005, 9:23 am
That is Max Payne style. ;p

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 7:43 pm
i like the idea of this "afterburner" thing, but if the button is used it should take 5 times longer to charge your jet so you dont have people zooming off in random directions and flying into their own bullets causing a suicide