( search forums )
NAT and Router Problems
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 6:30 pm
I have a BT Voyager 2000 Wireless DSL router and am running XP

Everytime i start a server (Dedicated or not) no one can join my game.
i have a feeling it is somthing to do with my router or it's NAT system but i dont know what to do. before anyone asks yes i have turned my firewall of and all that. someone help me!!

(Note: The ip that the lobby gives is different to the one that IPconfig gives me if its any help.)

PureGrain
March 21, 2005, 7:14 pm
Did you forward the ports needed for the server on your router to the IP of your computer?

You may need to do so in the router configuration.

(ex.) If your computer local IP is 192.168.1.100 then you need to go into the router and forward ports for your game server to that IP. If your starting your game server using default ports 23073 then you will need to forward that port to your IP in your router settings.

Also, so your server will be able to pass files needed by the server, you will need to forward the join port as well. Which is set in your server INI file or defaults to 23083 if you use the default port when starting your server.

Hope this helps.

FliesLikeABrick
March 21, 2005, 9:11 pm
read the stickies(2) in this forum about setting up a server and make sure you followed all of the instructions dealing with port forwarding. Also see my third post in this thread: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19521

also, some routers dont let port forwarding work properly if you use DHCP on your network, you may have to enable static IPs and take a half-hour or so to set up static IPs on all the computers on your network (or however itll take you to set it up for all of them)