( search forums )
Take my membership AWAY ?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 9:26 pm
Hi
What shold i do if i want to remove this membership ?

Liber_Lupus
March 21, 2005, 9:29 pm
membership?..oh..Why do you want to delete your account? Just leave it here and go where ever you need to go. It will delete itself after few weeks.

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 9:35 pm
Hey.
Im come here in peace and i get only mad mess.
at these:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22196
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22103
dont like this anymore... :o(

Elephant_Hunter
March 21, 2005, 10:16 pm
You came in here acting as if we were chaos and you were salvation... bad call. I joined "in peace" as well, but I don't try to force it on other people. Proposals are best made with standard font and reasonable grammer. The reaction you recieved is well deserved and ought to teach you a lesson.

By the way, DivX is a codec commonly used for pirated movies. You're not a pirate, per chance? I hope you didn't pirate Soldat.

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 10:21 pm
ok... i give up.. if i wait and not log in to my name its gone forever then ?

n00bface
March 21, 2005, 10:21 pm
DivX is a codec used for nearly every movie, including pirated movies. That's like saying forums are sometimes used for hacking discussion, is everyone here a hacker? :O

When people pirate movies, they can choose to convert it to just about anything. Most of them choose DivX simply cos it's a high quality format and low in file size, same reason people who don't pirate movies choose DivX over most others.

DNA.styx
March 21, 2005, 11:25 pm
DivX, log into your profile and change your first name to "delete me" and I'll remove your access to the forum.

mar77a
March 22, 2005, 12:53 am
The perfect password test!

JiggaBlue
March 22, 2005, 1:47 am
No one likes you cause you are retarded and have no grammer skills.

Elephant_Hunter
March 22, 2005, 1:49 am
n00bface... I don't know how it is in Europe, but the average American DVD player can't decode DivX. Pirates here have to buy special DVD players for that kind of stuff. Considering all the movies downloadable online, what do you think is more likely? Pirates downloading the latest Superboy episode encoded in DivX, or Mr. Average bothering to find the DivX codec to encode a movie of him and his grandson singing in choir.

People in general go with the standard. Think of Microsoft Windows as a prime example.

<-- Arrr! Ahoy matey.

n00bface
March 22, 2005, 3:40 am
I actually don't see what you're saying. DivX is a computer codec, most clips you'll watch on the internet are encoded with DivX to reduce file size. Do you ever see people storing 100MB audio CD files on their computer? No, because it wastes space, so they convert it to the 5MB MP3, which some CD players and most stereos do not play. That's not to say they're not pirates, but more people buy MP3s from iTunes than pirates download from P2P clients.

Even if you have a DVD that you want to store on your harddrive that you do not intend to share, you will most likely encode it with DivX so you can turn a 4GB file into 600MB.

quote:Pirates downloading the latest Superboy episode encoded in DivX, or Mr. Average bothering to find the DivX codec to encode a movie of him and his grandson singing in choir.

Mr. Average without a doubt. On all torrent sites (Alright, well Suprnova is the only one I actually can talk about), the DivX DVD rips usually originated from the same source. So there's about 2000 different ripped DVDs going around on torrents and P2P applications, but there's about 50 million private videos going around. Have you ever watched Soldat fan movies (Project X, etc..) - most of them were encoded with DivX.

FliesLikeABrick
March 22, 2005, 4:15 am
yeah and I have used DivX to code numerous videos for school projects and such.. its great for more than just pirated fun

m00`
March 22, 2005, 5:28 am
quote:Originally posted by JiggaBlueNo one likes you cause you are retarded and have no grammer skills.

god shut up fag, he probably thinks the same way about you because you dont speak his language. Stop insulting people you dont know in this forum.

frogboy
March 22, 2005, 6:03 am
quote:Originally posted by JiggaBlueNo one likes you cause you are retarded and have no grammer skills.

quote: I'm not sure if this a bug or a i'm just retarded, but when i click this option in the config under the more tab.

'Nuff said.

Elephant_Hunter
March 22, 2005, 6:13 am
First off... I will agree that the DivX format would be great for home videos. It greatly reduces the size more than nearly any other format with little effect on the quality (save if you put the compression level too high). Personally I have never used this myself because I like to be able to put my home videos in a DVD player for everyone to see.

FliesLikeABrick and n00bface are not your average computer users. They are power users. What they choose to encode their movies in does not automatically extend to the rest of the population. Most people who make movies do not use DivX :D

Now, you both say that a lot of folks use DivX. N00bface even named off one example, Project X. That movie was in fact encoded in standard Windows Media Video 9 format. You can download it from http://www.laughingllamas.com/movies/Project_X.wmv, thanks to n00bface's kind hosting service.

I looked through all of my Soldat movies. 4/10 of them were wmv, 5/10 were DivX(XviD), and the rest were mpeg or something else. So I agree that you were correct in saying that most Soldat movies were encoded in DivX.

Being a frequenter of Suprnova, n00bface, think about how many pirated DivX movies you've downloaded vs. non-pirated DivX.

n00bface
March 22, 2005, 6:24 am
quote:Now, you both say that a lot of folks use DivX. N00bface even named off one example, Project X. That movie was in fact encoded in standard Windows Media Video 9 format.
Oops.
quote:I looked through all of my Soldat movies. 4/10 of them were wmv, 5/10 were DivX(XviD), and the rest were mpeg or something else. So I agree that you were correct in saying that most Soldat movies were encoded in DivX.
Well still! Am I right in saying that the larger ones are encoded with DivX? :O I mean besides Project X.

quote:Being a frequenter of Suprnova, n00bface, think about how many pirated DivX movies you've downloaded vs. non-pirated DivX.
I don't actually download movies, but most of them were indeed DivX - because, once again, it gives the highest quality for the lowest file size! I guess most .wmv movies are encoded with Windows Media Video 9 format because they were made in Windows Movie Maker. People who expect a lot of downloads/views usually end up encoding their movies into DivX. I know DivX is used in nearly all piracy, but the Mr. Average to Mr. Pirate ratio is still very high.

DNA.styx
March 22, 2005, 8:47 am
Guys, please stay on topic and don't flame. DivX has had his question answered there is no need for any further "clarification".

FliesLikeABrick
March 22, 2005, 2:34 pm
err, sorry. I thought this was in the bash pit since it was way at the bottom of my Active Topics list and it was already a flamefest when i opened it up.

b00stA
March 22, 2005, 3:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Huntern00bface... I don't know how it is in Europe, but the average American DVD player can't decode DivX. Pirates here have to buy special DVD players for that kind of stuff.
Over here in germany there have been more and more DivX-DVD players available. I got one of the earliest back then for 111 euros and today you get them for about 60 euros (probably crap though).
Remember that DivX is just another codec based on MPEG4. MS WMV is based on MPEG4 too. XviD obviously too.
Do you know what codec will be encoded on the new Blu-Ray discs? A MPEG4 based one, among others. Does that mean that everyone who buys a Blu-Ray capable player is pirate? Or the majority? No :)
quote:People in general go with the standard. Think of Microsoft Windows as a prime example.
Nargh. MS WMV is.. "not very good". I try to avoid them because no matter what I do, they play like crap on my system.
MPEG4-based codecs are used for a lot of things and nobody can deny that they are used by "pirates" too.

DNA.styx
March 22, 2005, 4:54 pm
Ok, "a locking we shall go"