( search forums )
World War Two-The American Offensive
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 11:22 pm
I've been working on this mod for about two weeks now, well actualy More than one mod. It's a series of them, all pertaining to World War Two. I'm very pleased with the way they turned out, so I wanted to see if anyone would want to download them (based on feedback). (sidenote, The SFX are changed for the weapons I modded (and henchin weapons))First thing, This is mainly a Gostek (what you look like, the actual soldier) mod. I've modded a couple weapons myself (starting from scratch not stealing other peoples :p. But most of the weapons are from the Henchin Allies mod, so credit for the interface weapons (execpt the stationary MG42, Grease gun, and improvments to interface guns such as Garand etc) and unchanged ingame weapons goes to them. So hats off to them. The reason I only modded some was the Henchin mod is realy good and I saw no need to improve on the weapons that are the same. I have changed the weapons as follows:

Desert Eagles--Dual Colt 45's
Mp5--Grease Gun (ingame weapon and interface made by me)
Ak-74--B.A.R.(ingame weapon made by me, interface is from henchin mod)
Ruger 77--M1 Garand (ingame weapon made by me, interface modded Henchin by me)
M79--M1 Garand with rifle Grenade (ingame weapon me, interface, modded henchin by me.)
XM214 Minigun--M1919-30 cal (ingame weapon=Me, Interface=Henchin)
Flamer--Flamethrower (ingame weapon made by me,interface from henchin)

Well as you can see almost all the interfaces are from Henchin, Seeing as their mod was so good. But as I said, I created the 6 other ingame weapons from scratch.

Gosteks:

Now, The Gosteks are completely created from scratch by me. And are as follows:

Clothing: G.I Attire with Gas mask bag on chest (wich can be hard to make out)

Dogtags: Are still dogtags

Gold Chain: Binoculars

MR T style Hair: Gasmask

Helmet: G.I Helmet

Hat: Medic Helmet (which can also be a little hard to see)

That pretty much covers it for the Gosteks. Below I have a picture of the modded weapons I made and the G.I Gostek with/without Gasmask.

Picture index (from top to bottom):

Weapons I made for the G.I mod
Enlarged and normal sized Gosteks with and without gasmask, and ingame pictures of all the gostek models.
Sneak peaks of (possible, depends on feedback for this) upcoming mods.

[IMAGE]

I appologize for the qaulity, It looks much better ingame. Feedback is welcome (and wanted :p)

For best effect change your Soldat to white Colors (shirt/pants)

EDIT:

I forgot about the Grenades, I changed the frag greanade to an American WW2 Grenade and the Cluster Grenades to a pack of Grenades carried on your side.

EDIT: More weapons changed and pictures, See picture above for more details.

JiggaBlue
March 22, 2005, 2:06 am
Woah, those gosteks look awesome!!! When you relese this please relese the gosteks in the whole and in a seperate file!

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 3:12 am
Thanks :) Well, If I get enough feedback I'll post all of the mods, because each mod has it's own weapons etc. But thanks for the feedback :)

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 3:32 am
Ooo, you moded the stat gun. That's a rarity around here. Nice job so far though.

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 4:08 am
quote:Originally posted by SwazoOoo, you moded the stat gun. That's a rarity around here. Nice job so far though.

With new sounds and all yes :p Thanks for the posative feedback :)

reckon
March 22, 2005, 4:13 am
The soldiers look like theyre wearing high heels.

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 4:25 am
I agree they do now, but ingame it does not at all, so don't worry. I took the Gosteks directly and peiced them together for these photos, so they look better ingame.

Skate4Razors
March 22, 2005, 4:26 am
It looks like you're basing the looks off the Henchin Mod (I didn't read your whole post right). Still, it looks pretty good so far. Good luck on finishing it, I think this mod will be huge. Oh, and take out the high heels ;P

[Offtopic]
reckon I love you!

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 4:29 am
To clear up the "High heel matter", I took those pictures straight out of the gostek folder so they're not the best looking. But ingame they're different and fine looking
INGAME EXAMPLE:

[IMAGE]

MercyM
March 22, 2005, 5:27 am
Looks pretty awesome! Keep good work!

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 9:18 pm
Just to let you all know, I've decided to change the Mp5 into the "grease gun" and turn the steyr aug (which was the M1 carbine) into the thompson from the Henchin allies mod, since I like the thompson from their mod. Btw, would anyone be willing to host the mod for me?

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 1:49 am
Sorry to post again (I'm not trying to spam) But I have decided to mod a few more weapons. See the first post and updated pic for details.

Field Marshal BM

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 3:04 am
Numbers sixe and seven look too much alike.

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 3:08 am
They're the same weapon though with diff mounts on the front :p Not to much I can do about that part. I changed the Piat because that was a british weapon and this is a American mod. So any suggjestions would be helpful

damnnation
March 23, 2005, 9:33 am
you just took some weapons of the WWII mod and shanged them a bit and putrted some new in it...(or thy looks JUST like them)
gosteks are nice

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 9:50 am
very impressive marshal...PLEASE release the gosteks as soon as possible...hrhr^^

greetz

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 2:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by damnnationyou just took some weapons of the WWII mod and shanged them a bit and putrted some new in it...(or thy looks JUST like them)
gosteks are nice

Well I said in my first post that most of the weapons I left alone because I saw no need to change them. I only changed a select few that I was'nt content with. And I changed some of the weapons on the interface a bit like you said to make em look better but I made the Grease gun myself and all the ingame weapons from scratch.

@S1tting BuLL

I plan to, The mod is done now, Would someone be willing to host it for me? It would be a about 7 megs, maybe more (not much though) if I include the gosteks of the others. Thanks in advance

Field Marshal BM

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 4:42 pm
yeaaah gosteeeks really rule...

The reason, coz i don't like the henchin mod, are the gosteks, they really suck^^ but yours are good...great job again ;)

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 4:56 pm
Thanks again :) I'm realy glad you like em. I just finished putting all the mods together and the whole thing is 8.21 megs. Not to awful bad :p Do read the readme's though, they tell you how to install them all, I wanted to save on space so I did'nt copy weapons that I alredy had (since some mods use the same weapons. So you'll hafto install one then another on top of it. I have it explained in the files. It's not to complicated :p

So back to the golden quiestion

Anyone wanna host it for me? :D

TEASER:

S.S Officer (included with German Officer Gostek pack)

[IMAGE]

Rhombus
March 23, 2005, 5:23 pm
Hmm, if it wasn't for the weapons, I would like absolutely nothing in this mod. Seriously, I hate Germans almost as much as I hate Americans... a.k.a. Hypocrits.

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 5:36 pm
oh cmon rhomb...the gosteks really kick ass ;-)

@marshal...the officers look like [IMAGE]es in narrow trousers :D

Swebonny
March 23, 2005, 6:36 pm
HOLY GOD!! SO [IMAGE]ING AWSOME!! i just must download when it is done. The gostek make me...OMG so nice!!

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 7:05 pm
@marshal...the officers look like ***es in narrow trousers :D

I don't understand what you're trying to say :{ Are you saying they're bad looking good looking? Please clarify :p

quote:Originally posted by RhombusHmm, if it wasn't for the weapons, I would like absolutely nothing in this mod. Seriously, I hate Germans almost as much as I hate Americans... a.k.a. Hypocrits.

I don't expect everyone to like it, but please keep your negative opinions to yourself, it's fine and dandy if you dont like Americans or Germans but Other people do, and I worked realy hard on this mod. So the least you could do if you are going to comment is say if they're accurate. Some food for thought

P.s, I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, it's just realy discouraging when somone says somthing like that about somthing you've been working so hard on.

@ everyone else, thatnks for your comments, Glad you like it, I'll try and get it up soon.

Field Marshal BM

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 7:18 pm
@marshal i thought that their trousers look strange..^^

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 7:37 pm
Most of the stuff there is ripped from the henchin mod. Not so cool.

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 7:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by S1tting BuLL@marshal i thought that their trousers look strange..^^

Well they're suppose to be those "poofy pants" that the germans had :p so its sposta be like that

"Most of the stuff there is ripped from the henchin mod. Not so cool."

Did you even read the article? :p If not please do so, it's explained in there.

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 9:21 pm
well marshal i don't think you shouldn't post that sort of cross in here. i understand but they are looking strange though^^

greetz u can take the pic out

Teh Panda
March 23, 2005, 9:39 pm
O.O! Gotta love those. Best gosteks i have seen! (In the paper, in game is a different thing)

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 10:20 pm
I don't quite understand what you mean panda o_O . Anyhoo, I got someone to host the mod, so it should be out soon.

Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 9:49 am
yeah marshal :)