( search forums )
Chain map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Raider
March 22, 2005, 1:29 am
Hey.

I've been tossing this idea around for a little while now and I think it could be fun... A chain map.

One person would start the map.. Maybe make the entire starting screen that you start with.. They pass it on to the next person and they make a new portion, etc. This would continue until X people have contributed to it.

Anyone interested in trying this?

paramud
March 22, 2005, 1:31 am
been suggested, and theres been lots of problems with the ideas, like how will we know if someone edited something, etc. plus have you checked how many forums members we have?
it'll be like an hour from one side to the other.

Raider
March 22, 2005, 1:37 am
1. There would have to be a basic trust factor, I suppose.
2. Only allow so many people to work on the map.. Like 10.

paramud
March 22, 2005, 2:01 am
then make a group yourself and do it together.

Vijchtidoodah
March 22, 2005, 2:29 am
Raider, I really like this idea. Could be fun - one map with the different styles of many different people.

Paramud, yes, there are lots of people on these forums, but how many of those can actually create a map?

paramud
March 22, 2005, 2:34 am
any of them?
seriously, anyone can make a map

Vijchtidoodah
March 22, 2005, 2:47 am
Oh, you're so amazingly correct, paramud, and I would like to submit the first section of the map:

[IMAGE]

Not everyone can map well, and not everyone who is here would want to map.

Soap
March 22, 2005, 3:04 am
I never want to map.

paramud
March 22, 2005, 3:12 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahNot everyone can map well

so? that doesnt alter the fact that they can map.

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 3:39 am
I disagree, I cannot make maps..I make atrocities such as this one.
[IMAGE]

This is where bad polygons go when they die.

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 22, 2005, 5:31 am
wow, this is...this is some sort of poly hell, I want a colored screeny though...

vash763
March 22, 2005, 6:10 am
my eyes!!!!!!!!!

JiggaBlue
March 22, 2005, 8:54 am
Yeah, that wireframe [IMAGE] dont show nothin.

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 2:18 am
Boom shakka
[IMAGE]

Norse
March 23, 2005, 2:25 am
Noice idea and a noice pic to boot Swazo! :P

Raider
March 23, 2005, 4:00 am
The texturing looks a little... Erratic.

zambo_the_clown
March 23, 2005, 4:27 am
would be cool if each person made a different theme for their portion of the map to make a multi-themed map. Example: One person makes a Jungle and the next person makes the next portion a desert like theme and so on.... and the map's theme portions would fade into each other portion after portion.

Rambo_6
March 23, 2005, 4:35 am
ZOMG! Swazo huffs butane!

lolol funnee map

Boxo
March 23, 2005, 7:07 am
It's called Soldat Mappers Coalition

We do stuff like that and do it organizedly, so we get something done, too.

I don't think this would work on a public forum

Vijchtidoodah
March 23, 2005, 8:26 am
Boxo, his idea is slightly different than the SMC. For instance, he wants each person to do an entire section all by himself as opposed to one person doing the polygons while another does the scenery.

Raider, if you really want this to happen, organize everything, get volunteers, and get started.

vash763
March 23, 2005, 8:57 am
if your going to this, you have to agree that no1 touches ne1 elses areas, and that they dont change the texture (wish we had more than one) and that you cant change the background maybe. but like vijcht said, if you wanna c it, do it

and on that note i wouldnt mind helping, even though it might not look to good lol

Gangsterlance
March 23, 2005, 9:30 am
but who would host all this parts?
I dont think were going to build everyone's part new if someone's mapping

I mean: look at swazo's pic. Who the hell could re-build it exactly?
So we need hosts, not only mappers.

Vijchtidoodah
March 23, 2005, 9:45 am
Gangsterlance, after you complete a section, you simply send the file to the next person so that they can complete theirs, which they then send on, etc, etc.

Raider
March 23, 2005, 11:52 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahBoxo, his idea is slightly different than the SMC. For instance, he wants each person to do an entire section all by himself as opposed to one person doing the polygons while another does the scenery.

Raider, if you really want this to happen, organize everything, get volunteers, and get started.

Well, first off I was just seeing what the general opinion on something like a chain map is at these forums. I'll probably get around to trying to organize one here once I finish up with a map pack I am helping with at my former clan's forum.

Norse
March 23, 2005, 5:52 pm
General Opinion: We should have enough volunteers to try this out. Im volunteering :P

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 8:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 ZOMG! Swazo huffs butane!

lolol funnee map

I resent that! I am clearly a heroin addict. Now if you'll excuse me.. *gets out belt*