Vanana
March 22, 2005, 8:59 pm
Lets make a debate out of this:

AK-74 or Steyr Aug?

post advantages and disavantages
dont forget to quote the other's posts =P

Zero72
March 22, 2005, 9:06 pm
I like the AK74 better. Seems easier to control, looks better, and is slightly more powerful if I'm not mistaken. Can be used for longer without reloading, too.

Messiah
March 22, 2005, 9:08 pm
Steyer is very fast good reload a very good gun, Ak-47 is fast powerful, but if you have Steyer and USSOCOM its a beast actually USSOCOM goes good with any Auto or semi auto.

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 9:15 pm
It's a close match between them, the major advantage of the AK I feel is that it has a big clip compared to most guns, whereas the Steyr runs out of ammo quickly. The AK is kinda innacurate, but the Steyr is pretty spot on, and the reload time on the AK is slow.
I'd think that in a one vs. one duel between the two, the Steyr would kill faster, but that doesn't mean that the AK isn't better for other types of combat :p

Michal
March 22, 2005, 9:39 pm
These are the two guns I use most. For me it depends on my state of mind, if I'm really alert then I do really well with the Aug, otherwise I'll use the AK. The Aug can get kills really fast, but if you miss most of the shots then the high rate of fire is useless. I find that the Aug is really useful for support fire, especially in ctf_Chernobyl. The AK to me is like the "jack of all trades" it's good at everything but excels at none.

Vanana
March 22, 2005, 10:17 pm
wat i dont like from AK
is its distance....
Steyr reaches farther...

Lt. Sneezy
March 22, 2005, 10:17 pm
The AK pwns all. I don't know where you get this idea that the AK is innacurate, if you play with any gun enough, you very rarely miss, regardless of the spread of the bullets. The Steyr fires 9 per second, while the AK fires 6, but the AK deals roughly 1.5 times more damage. Plus, the slower rate of fire allows you to adjust aim in between shots. Not that I hate the Steyr, it's pretty good close range, but a shot or two in the had with an AK and it's all over.

zambo_the_clown
March 22, 2005, 10:26 pm
i would have to go with the AK when it comes to a little range. The AUG can beat the AK too but i like the AK better. the AUG is a good weapon too and i like it. the ak has good clip ammount and pretty decent reload time and good power, the AUG on the other hand is fast, good reload time. Pretty decent clip size but will run out of ammo fast unless you kill without having to reload the clip. people think the AUG is fast but i dont think they take time to look at the HK which would beat both at close range and is good at spraying a little at range to help back up someone. HK is also good.

Happy Camper
March 22, 2005, 10:50 pm
The HK is olny good for small maps, or going alt routes thos, becuase at longer ranges the spray makes it difficult to hit/kill anything, i like the AK personaly for bigger maps, but i like the Aug for maps that are about the size of Voland/Laos

LazehBoi
March 23, 2005, 12:12 am
The AUG. It's the underdog.

Oh right. Reasons. Well. I'm more accurate with Steyr AUG. Enough to kill faster than the random duder with an AK.

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 23, 2005, 12:47 am
AK for DM
Aug for CTF

Use AK to steal other people's kills in DM
Use Aug to bink the crap out of snipers as you run away from their base.

Vanana
March 23, 2005, 1:31 am
i find it a little difficult
to aim with AK....
but it looks cool
and also makes you look like a pro :P
i dunno why...

Jaz
March 23, 2005, 1:34 am
COUGHSPRAYERSCOUGH.

KingerFisher
March 23, 2005, 5:33 am
Ive been looking the + and - sides of them and it seems that the AUG can kick AK's ass. I made a little test about this:
One guy takes AK and one guy takes AUG. both start shooting at the same time, all the bullets hit. AK guy goes down before the AUG guy.
So you see, AUG wins AK BUT if you miss 2-6 shots, your toast since your bullets will run out from the AUG before the AK is empty. I allways use AUG against AK users couse im really accrated with it but against the Minimi, it doesnt stand a change. Against Minimi, i use AK.
So in general, AUG beats AK but not if you miss too many times.

Liquid Metal
March 23, 2005, 5:41 am
The Ak is better at close combat.

LazehBoi
March 23, 2005, 6:21 am
Oh right. Wasn't clever of me to post something like that.
Anyway. Depends on who gets headshots and who doesn't. That can mean a lot. An AUG can win if most of the bullets contact their head, but if not the AK usually wins :P

vash763
March 23, 2005, 6:21 am
I like the AK better, the fact that it has a bigger clip means you can miss more times (lol) or can lose a shot when switching between targets and not be to worried. And your only going to lose a couple of shots because it doesn't shoot as fast as the AUG. Unless your only going after one target and aren't going to miss much, then the AUG, but if you have multiple targets, then the AK. And once you get the arc down, the spread isn't much. And btw these are the only autos i use lol

Captain Ben
March 23, 2005, 6:54 am
the ak has never caught on with me except on zombie servers...
i'm a steyr boy!

MercyM
March 23, 2005, 9:14 am
Steyr AUG is fast, so it's sometimes hard to aim.
AK74 isn't so fast, but it's good to aim and it's powerful.

damnnation
March 23, 2005, 9:29 am
AUG = Fast kill & reload, hard to aim
AK: long reload, more power, more bullets,looks better

i prefer the AK

Jap_man
March 23, 2005, 10:09 am
The AUG is much better for 1 on 1 games whereas the AK would be better in CTF or INF.
But really, it comes down to what skills you have or which playing style you prefer. If you enjoy rushing towards your enemy while firing like hell, you're better off with the AUG but if you rather firing acurate shots from a fair distance, you're better off with the AK.

SPARTAN_III
March 23, 2005, 10:16 am
AUG is better. it has a fast ROF, decent firepower, and i find the AK slightly too slow. AUG is better and binking the snipers

above all i prefer minimi though...

March 23, 2005, 10:39 am
Hmm, i have a debate just like this. Its called muffins or cookies. I just acnt decide, but i like cookies. Anyway, I go with steyr. faster, more accurate. But if u wanna be X, go for Ak, >.<"

Da cHeeSeMaN
March 23, 2005, 1:37 pm
Ak more power and it curves i can use the steyr cos it shoot straight!

Zero72
March 23, 2005, 1:58 pm
I dunno what makes you guys thing the Steyr is so much more accurate than the AK-74. Definitely doesn't look like it to me. o_O

Meandor
March 23, 2005, 2:04 pm
The AK simply has more potential than an AUG. That doesn't mean it's more powerful, since an AUG kills faster anyway.

SuperKill
March 23, 2005, 2:29 pm
i never used neither of those, but as a sniper i HATED the AK. simply because the ammo lasted forever.

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 4:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72I dunno what makes you guys thing the Steyr is so much more accurate than the AK-74. Definitely doesn't look like it to me. o_O

It does to me =o
If you stood still with a AK and shot foward, and compare that to a Steyr, you'd see the Steyr is more accurate..
Then again this is from memory, so knowing me I'm probably wrong :p

Ivan0
March 23, 2005, 6:02 pm
In regular duel styer will probably have the upper hand, because it can stuff the target with more lead faster than AK. Still, due to larger clip and more damage per hit AK can be used to kill stuff much further than you can see.
But if you go realistic... AK will pwn because of slower rate of fire you dont have to adjust your aim as much as with styer. And the higher damage also must not be forgotten.

Lately i play with AK, mostly because i cant hit a barn with rugger ;)

zambo_the_clown
March 23, 2005, 9:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Happy CamperThe HK is olny good for small maps, or going alt routes thos, becuase at longer ranges the spray makes it difficult to hit/kill anything, i like the AK personaly for bigger maps, but i like the Aug for maps that are about the size of Voland/Laos

I use the HK in ctf sometimes and it does good at ranges you can see on the screen if you are covering someone who has the flag and is heading your way. if you crouch it fires bullets in the same pattern which can be good and bad. AK is my pick.

Keron Cyst
March 24, 2005, 1:19 am
The Steyr AUG is good for assaulting, since it discharges its ammo faster & reloads faster, albeit having a 30-round clip. The AK-74 is better for holding a position since you can house firefights longer due to its 40-round clip and slower RoF (then again, same with the M249').

Vanana
March 24, 2005, 1:42 am
hmmm...
i tried AK, and i liked it
also tried Steyr, liked it too
but...
AK may be a lil' short on distance comparing
to Steyr
Steyr is difficult to me to shoot below, a "fast
spent" magazine i think

lastpatriot
March 24, 2005, 1:46 am
I like the AK. It's more powerful, has a bigger clip, and it reloads pretty fast, not as fast as AUG. The slow reload relies on a best case scenario that a) the guy is dead or B) You use your secondary. This is for DM's and Bravo INF.

For CTF and Alpha INF(I always play on Alpha in CTF anyway, it's just a habit. I don't care what team I am on in INF) I use the HK all the way! I used to use AUG, but I stopped. The HK reloads faster, and I don't like the way the AUG sounds. It's trivial, but it's sort of a negative. Am I the only one who notices the Steyr has a tinny sound to it's shots?

Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 2:05 am
I prefer the AK on realistic servers. It has great damage, even though it does fire slower... but I prefer the slow firing. It allows me to use it like a semi-auto and pick off people from a good hiding spot, sniper style.

and I can pretty much use it in any scenario. If I'm in close quarters, run at him while firing to do some damage while he's freakin out and "BAM" hit him with the butt of my gun. :)

Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 9:32 am
I prefer using Steyr AUG instead of AK because it's a great weapon when defending. It also does its job well in close combat, at least for me. AK is only good for me in small areas, such as tunnel in ctf_run.