( search forums )
Predator mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 11:31 pm
It would be awesome if there was a mode where everybody always has predator.

Futile
March 23, 2005, 2:29 pm
I'm sorry, but no. Really not.

The entire point of being a predator is that you have the advantage of being undetectable. Why would it be fun if everyone was?

zyxstand
March 23, 2005, 6:36 pm
hmm, maybe like the gamemode in halo where there's one person invisible. so basically, if this were to be in soldat, only person who's invisible gets points for killing or if you kill invisible person...then you'll be invisible. however you only have a chainsaw when invisble (when press "q" you put ur saw away and have bare fists and can punch) but u cannot pick up other weapons simply cuz it might make it too ez for u...

kwanfei
March 23, 2005, 8:34 pm
no

Vanana
March 23, 2005, 9:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandhmm, maybe like the gamemode in halo where there's one person invisible. so basically, if this were to be in soldat, only person who's invisible gets points for killing or if you kill invisible person...then you'll be invisible. however you only have a chainsaw when invisble (when press "q" you put ur saw away and have bare fists and can punch) but u cannot pick up other weapons simply cuz it might make it too ez for u...

post that =P

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 10:13 pm
@zyxstand
sounds a bit like rambo without bow ;)... hehe... would be cool if u move rambo into a sub mode... there u can use between rambo, 'predator', flame...

like it, but i think its to easy or not to great for a whole new game mode. if it would intergrated as in ew game mode were u can use between rambo predator...
i allready said..

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 10:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by FutileI'm sorry, but no. Really not.

The entire point of being a predator is that you have the advantage of being undetectable. Why would it be fun if everyone was?

Wronge. The point of predator is to be LESS visible. It would be fun because you would really have to concentrate.

Keron Cyst
March 24, 2005, 1:17 am
... and you'd have to fire your auto everywhere all the time, 'cuz someone could just come up to you and stab you with a Combat Knife...

Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 2:39 am
If you look hard enough, its possible to see them...predators never get past my sights.

MercyM
March 24, 2005, 9:32 am
Nopes.

Krios
March 24, 2005, 6:07 pm
woot don't even bother posting your own suggestions...stupid suggestion anyways. Find something that will help the soldat community, make the game better, block noobs, etc... not these kind of stupid suggestions that you know will not make it into the next version of soldat. Suggest something useful.

Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 9:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Krioswoot don't even bother posting your own suggestions...stupid suggestion anyways. Find something that will help the soldat community, make the game better, block noobs, etc... not these kind of stupid suggestions that you know will not make it into the next version of soldat. Suggest something useful.

Ever think that if noobs were gone, eventually no one would play soldat? Try speaking out of your face, not your ass.

Gen0cide
March 24, 2005, 9:08 pm
Everyone starts as a noob..(Except me ;))
If there were no noobs,nobody else would come to play,and eventually we wouldn't have anyone to replace the people who quit.
Don't flame him because he made a suggestion that nobody really likes,at least he's trying to think of things to make the game funner and newer instead of flaming people.

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 7:22 pm
hmm, i sort of like this idea of perminate pred mode, but thats just me, and alsoif a predator is good enough they can kill anything from anywhere and get to places without jetting. ps. genocide nice avatar go stewie :)

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 28, 2005, 1:32 am
You guys are totally missing the point....if everyone is a predator, it works because if they don't fire, they'll be hard to detect, but if someone chooses to fire a gun, then everyone would know where they are from the bullet trails.

Captain Ben
March 28, 2005, 1:40 am
quote:Originally posted by Krioswoot don't even bother posting your own suggestions...stupid suggestion anyways. Find something that will help the soldat community, make the game better, block noobs, etc... not these kind of stupid suggestions that you know will not make it into the next version of soldat. Suggest something useful.

It's not like you can talk.
This is a really good idea! I'd like to see a mode like rambo match, where instead of having the bow, you could pick out bonuses, etc.
The other really good one is the one where everyone has predator mode...

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 7:24 am
yeah, i really like the idea of a predator mode where everyone has predator

Green Barret
March 28, 2005, 7:46 am
Sorta sounds like my post i had back some time ago.. Try searching next time.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19939&SearchTerms=Predator

This idea is different from mine because everyone is a predator here. In my opinion this would not work because of problems that would occur concerning never ending stealth.

For some examples...

Scene #1: Some guy with a barret camping hiding im bushes and sniping. After a kill he moves slowly to another camping spot, staying undetected. This starts to annoy the hell out of people, especially anti-barret players.

Scene #2: Every player in the server tries to stay undetected. In order to that no one moves and just watches for enemy movement. The result is a extremly boring game that everyone leaves after several minutes of silence and no action.

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 8:07 am
heh, yeah, scene #2 sounds fun for some people, very "tense"

as for anti barret players, screw them! predator barrets are easy to kill

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 5:31 pm
lol a rambo predator mode XD

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 5:58 pm
That would be "god mode".