( search forums )
DM Dirty Day (UPDATED!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
zambo_the_clown
March 23, 2005, 4:20 am
Alright, updated the map by waypointing it and fixing some shading. If you find any troubles or flaws, post em. The map now supports DM,PM, and RM.

Have fun!!!:)

Download:
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=dl&file=RGlydHkgRGF5IFVwZGF0ZWQuemlw
Overview:
http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/dirtyday_1.jpg[/img]

The Geologist
March 23, 2005, 4:23 am
This looks like a pretty cool map...the shading needs a little work, but that's secondary. The layout looks good, if it's not too big...comments forthcoming after I actually play the map.

Rambo_6
March 23, 2005, 4:25 am
Some areas are a tad skinny, and some sceneries need work, but i admire the fact that the map is completely non-symmetrical.

zambo_the_clown
March 23, 2005, 4:33 am
well i forgot to do a final test after finishing everything. the shading i think does need a little work but i was thinking, some of the orginal maps that come with soldat need some shading work and they are fine. i think these maps have a unique shading pattern which i admire and thats why i did the shading like this.

Rambo_6
March 23, 2005, 4:42 am
The roof needs some shading. As well as the dark islands. Shading is the spice of life!

zambo_the_clown
March 23, 2005, 4:45 am
if anyone can do a little shading work and post up the update then i will gradly appreciate it and add ya to the map credits :)

The Geologist
March 23, 2005, 5:14 am
You'll never learn if people keep doing it for you.

zambo_the_clown
March 23, 2005, 5:21 am
i just aint got the patients to connect red on red and yellow to green. I just like the shading style of the original soldat maps. when i look at maps people make, i hope the shading doesnt completely look....wack or whatever, but if good shading is what people want now a days then you shall get them (hopefully). What happen to the good old days where map layout and gameplay was most recognized and shading wasn't big or ever focused on? :(

Damn these mapmakers coming out with new techniques to make a map look perfect :)

vash763
March 23, 2005, 6:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6Shading is the spice of life!

Wasn't sum1 complainin to Geo that sharp edges are the spice of life; cus Geo's maps are smooth all over?

The Geologist
March 23, 2005, 7:08 am
Thanks for dragging my maps into his topic...why you needed to point that out I'll never know.

Back on topic...shading the roof would indeed be nice. And patience is a virtue, man.

MercyM
March 23, 2005, 9:21 am
It needs a bit more shading. Otherwise the map is good.

zambo_the_clown
March 23, 2005, 11:29 am
alright ill darken the top of the roof a darker olive color. i do need to fix a few sharp edges---> if prone and soldier hits a point in the middle of a hill then they will be ejected into the air, but ive seen plenty of maps that do that.

the map needs:
1. shade the roof
2. a little tweaking to a couple of edge points on some hills
3. thicken out the skinny areas.

thats all i got down, does it need anything else?

Elemental
March 24, 2005, 2:52 am
lol, you have kazaa on the toolbar XD
Anyway, nice mappy

zambo_the_clown
March 24, 2005, 3:08 am
well i couldnt uninstall it so i just left it (and imesh is better). i will be updating the map for the final release with a little few added waypoints and a little scenery adjustment and this map will be pretty descent, by the way people, this is the only map i have acually gotten 2 good feedbacks and no "this map sucks" talk :D gonna go celebrate and get hammered....

CottonTheMoth
March 27, 2005, 12:39 am
Lol. It looks like you went a little crazy with all of that liana...other than that, nice map.

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 3:23 am
Looks nice, shading is a bit weird but it looks good