( search forums )
the gosteks actually DO SOMETHING
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SPARTAN_III
March 23, 2005, 9:49 am
how bout the head options helmet/hat/none actully do something rather than simply provide aesthetic value.

helmet=higher headshot def but line of sight/accuracy decreased

hat=less headshot def but can see further

none=i'm not sure, maybe better sniper scope vision since you have no headgear to get in the way of the scope, and no headshot def.

like it?

DT
March 23, 2005, 4:15 pm
what you wear shouldn't protect you in this...
and i don't think soldat has def value...

The Geologist
March 23, 2005, 4:36 pm
Been discussed before...while it seems logical that your helmet should protect you, your Soldat is small enough as is..just let the bullets damage were they hit.

Rhombus
March 23, 2005, 5:25 pm
I can imagine this;
-Oh d00d [IMAGE]tard, that hit my helmet, and I had full health, I couldn't have died!
+well, I guess you can
-(*%*$*)#

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 5:54 pm
I quiet like this idea ...

zyxstand
March 23, 2005, 6:29 pm
quite**
well, it's just that:
firstly, in soldat, it is really hard to aim for a certain part of the body (also with sniper)
secondly, in soldat, there is no differnet value of damage for differnet body parts and that's mainly because of the first reason i stated.
so no

SERIAL KILLeR
March 23, 2005, 6:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstand
secondly, in soldat, there is no differnet value of damage for differnet body parts and that's mainly because of the first reason i stated.
so no

Actualy it has different values
head shot : 120%
torso shot : 100%
leg shot : 90%

It could work that after 1 or 2 shots the helmet falls off.

STEELIX
March 23, 2005, 7:28 pm
it already falls off occasionally, right?

Zero72
March 23, 2005, 9:09 pm
Your AK-74 is useless against my +10 teal pants! n00b!

Vanana
March 23, 2005, 9:23 pm
this is not gunbound to have def. value :P
maybe protect you a bit whne your prone
and a nade is exploding near u?
in real life it DOES something against xplosions

Alamo
March 23, 2005, 9:29 pm
i think the helmet falls off when you have reached a specific amount of health. it does not have anything to do with hits to the head or not.
i would not like this because
1. i like to be without a helmet
2. helmets are designed to help protect against shrapnel. they do not protect the wearer against bullets which just tear through the fabric like butter.

Liber_Lupus
March 23, 2005, 9:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
2. helmets are designed to help protect against shrapnel. they do not protect the wearer against bullets which just tear through the fabric like butter.

It depends on the distance.

Jaz
March 23, 2005, 10:00 pm
Idea is [IMAGE]

Rambo_6
March 24, 2005, 12:51 am
quote:Originally posted by JazIdea is [IMAGE]

N00bs would just wear hats/helmets and laugh like they have skill. I personally don't wear helmets.

Hanz
March 24, 2005, 5:09 am
A Cheese hat would solve everything...Case closed...Topic should be locked now...lol

MercyM
March 24, 2005, 9:32 am
I always wear helmet.

SPARTAN_III
March 24, 2005, 4:06 pm
as do i. i'm an assault guy. it would make sense no? snipers would favour no headgear, to see into the scope better, while close range combatants would favour a helmet

and you would see less ppl doing /takeoff. i really don't see the point of takeoff

Krios
March 24, 2005, 6:52 pm
omg...I got shot in the freakin' head and my helmet saved my life now everyone on the battle field is swearing at me becuase I didn't die why...dun dun duh dun my helmet saved me. then they told me to /takeoff and my guy started striping, obviously i got shot. I don't think it relly fits in soldat too much. there would be alot of noobs complaining becuse their barret bullet bounced off your head and you didn't die...