( search forums )
Metroid?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Captain Ben
March 23, 2005, 11:57 am
Hello modders!
Currently, I am attempting a Metroid mod...
Does anyone know where I can get some sounds (Metroidish), and ideas for weapon names?
Also, I don't want to make all of the weapons look like Samus' hand-cannon, so suggestions for the deagles, minigun, chainsaw, bow and law would be nice.

Please help me out!

Zero72
March 23, 2005, 1:57 pm
Ugh, you picked a hell of a topic for a mod. Not to say Metroid is bad, but I really don't know how you'll be able to translate it into Soldat. I haven't got a clue where to find sound effects, and I seriously can't think of a damn thing for the weapons, either. =/ If I had to make a Metroid mod, I would just do the hand-cannon thing, and put in the weapons from Prime 1&2 to start with; that'd take up 7 spots, at least, excluding missles and such. As for things like the Deagles, Minigun and Chainsaw, not only can I not see Samus using any weapons other than the arm cannon, but I can't think of any other characters who do either...!

Sorry this has been a postful of I Don't Knows, but I suspect you'll see a lot of them. =/

Rhombus
March 23, 2005, 3:20 pm
Well, in super smash brothers (on n64, dont have a gamecube) aran uses a blue sort of rope, coming out of the gun, to capture somebody. U could make that shorter and use it for a chainsaw. I tried this one before, but I've been stupid, I tried to include the weapon arm in the gostek, but thats not possible...

Zero72
March 23, 2005, 9:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by RhombusI tried to include the weapon arm in the gostek, but thats not possible...Not in the gostek, no.

Xero Anitso
March 25, 2005, 3:15 am
Yeah it is... I think, if you make her arm that has the gun on it on one gostek arm-thingy, and her normal arm on the other... And for the guns, just make the in-game ones invisible...... Heck, it's probably harder than I'm making it sound, but heck, don't let anyone hold you back, always do whatever you want, I learned that the hard way... It's like my "philosiphy" (sp?)

BManx2000
March 25, 2005, 3:24 am
Soldat uses the same image for both arms.

Zero72
March 25, 2005, 3:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Xero AnitsoYeah it is... I think, if you make her arm that has the gun on it on one gostek arm-thingy, and her normal arm on the other... Impossible.

Not being rude, but make sure you know what you're saying before you start talking.

Edit: lol, too slow. And you were much more polite about it.

Xero Anitso
March 25, 2005, 3:37 am
X_X Arg... I was just SAYING, I wasn't sure if it would work! I'm a noob, get used to it.

Captain Ben
March 25, 2005, 9:14 am
I know it's a hard thing to mod, but in Metroid Prime, there is the hand cannon, the missile cannon, the ball-bombs and assorted freezing rays.
I'm not going to be totally loyal to the game, but I'd like people to recognize the Soldats as little Samuses...
I also tried the arm cannon idea, but it's impossible with the gosteks, so pretty much i changed the guns to assorted hand-cannons. It would suck if all of the guns looked like the same cannon anyway.
You wouldn't be able to tell if they had a barret or a socom, so currently I'm colour coding them.
Just suggest names! Even laser-hand could be implemented, depending on the circumstances!

Shivorken
March 25, 2005, 9:26 am
Hmm ... don't just colour code them, make them different sizes or give every weapon a unique shape, eg. make the barret a long barrel with a scope but looks like it is attacked to samuses hands, and the minigun a large cannon which looks complex. Give lots of details to them.

Can't think of any names cuz i have never played metroid before though i noe what it is about and what its like.

MercyM
March 25, 2005, 9:43 am
Samus Aran is an asshole and I don't even like the game. :P

Rhombus
March 25, 2005, 11:30 am
then you prolly dont know samus is a woman either...

MercyM
March 25, 2005, 11:31 am
Nopes.

Captain Ben
March 27, 2005, 8:12 am
quote:Originally posted by MercyMSamus Aran is an asshole and I don't even like the game. :P

Stupid console fanboy:P
Anyway, Shivorken, I have changed the shapes and colours, but as I said above, I don't want to be totally loyal to the game...
What I meant was that I don't want every single gun to be a hand-cannon..

MercyM
March 27, 2005, 8:18 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben
Stupid console fanboy:P
SOCOM II - US Navy SEALs rulz!

Rhombus
March 27, 2005, 11:27 am
Man I havent played SOCOM II for minutes! Lol just kidding thats weird, before 10 minutes ago, I havent played it in months... Aah Jak3 and San andreas still rock my world :p

Zero72
March 28, 2005, 12:59 am
The only thing I can think of is just to add the colored details to the arm cannon for all the weapons, but that might be tough to do.

Captain Ben
March 28, 2005, 1:45 am
I've done a few now... But I still have a few to go.

Shivorken
March 28, 2005, 11:14 am
Alrite then Captain Ben.

I'm looking forward to the release of this mod.

Captain Ben
March 29, 2005, 9:40 am
I wish I could post screenies, but I'm working on it on the upstairs computer and can't be bothered to get the data stick...

SPARTAN_III
March 29, 2005, 11:57 am
if you make the weapon gfx big enough and add enough green on top, i think it would be possible to make it look like the weapon is part of her arm

MercyM
March 29, 2005, 11:59 am
quote:Originally posted by RhombusAah Jak3 and San andreas still rock my world :p
Ratchet and Clank pwnz0rz.

Alamo
March 29, 2005, 1:11 pm
Sounds: Connect your TV headphone plug with a male-male 3.5 to your computer line in. Start recording from line in (if you want further information just ask, I can't be bothered to write a whole tutorial now :), start the game and make the game make all the sounds you need (e.g. if you want a 'jump' sound, jump several times). Preferably do this in a silent environment. When you're done, stop recording, cut everything apart and make single files of it.
Believe me, it works.

Zero72
March 30, 2005, 4:39 am
It'll be possible to turn music off if you decide to do this, conveneintly. Although you might still need to wander a bit to find a room devoid of ambient noise.

Captain Ben
March 30, 2005, 5:28 am
I've checked the resources from flash websites, but I haven't found quite the right ones...
Thanks for the sound-thing, Alamo :D