( search forums )
CTF Grand
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 4:38 pm
Ok i searched for anything like this and found one thing on the verge of being like it yet wasnt...Anyway

CTFGrand is a 2-4 team CTF game which involves a very large map where within four spots is your team color flags (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow) and all around the map (randomly placed before the match) are smaller black or white flags...

The object- Run from starting point and collect one flag and return to your base to get a point...repeat to max...
The catch: as everyone can die i think if you kill somebody you have the option of taking their flag (if theyre carrying one) so the max you can carry is two (whereas if you only went and got a flag from the mapspawn its 1)
If you have not visited a flagspawn but killed somebody carrying 2 flags you can only pick up one yet the other is open game.

these would take place on large maps where the spawn points could be placed long distances from the flagspawns

Example: Player1 runs from red spawn and sees player2 along way. player1 shoots player2. player2 was not carrying a flag so no flag was dropped. player1 continues to a Flagspawn and grabs a flag. Player1 starts back to spawnpoint to deliver flag. along way kills player3 who was carrying a flag. Player1 happily takes flag (hehe). on way back is killed by player2 who has no flag. player2 takes one flag and player5 takes the second flag.

Yes this would take alot of programming. i havent ever seen this done on any other game. This could involve alot of strategy such as killing someone with 2 flags while you have none, you could grab 1 flag and have a teamate get the other.

I thought this out quite a bit and yeah i dragged on..but hopefully this might carry through the boards

zyxstand
March 23, 2005, 6:26 pm
very nice idea...however, why can't u pick up 2 flags if u see two lying around? (doesn't really make sense)
also, i'm not too sure if this is such a great idea to be implemetned simply becuase you'll have too many crazy ppl running around and it'd really be rather unfair if like one person constantly camps around and always kills people who did lots of work to get a flag, then he just takes it and scores... too crazy - 4-teamed teammatch is a bit more reasonable though i still don like having way too many people running around uncontrolled...ns idea though

Swebonny
March 23, 2005, 6:32 pm
I think some1 post this idea before. But not so nice as you :D Nice idea!

kwanfei
March 23, 2005, 8:33 pm
Yup, posted already, but still a good idea

Vanana
March 23, 2005, 9:10 pm
a little confusing to understand
=S
sounds nice...

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 9:16 pm
hmm, i like it too, another game mode promising a lot of fun.

well whats about a maximum of flags u can carry arround?

Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 2:01 am
ok i left all day but heres some things
zyx: i wanted a nuetral of one and a max of two because if two team flags are close to each other i wouldnt want someone camping right near the flag just to steal both of them to turn around and score multiple times
silentpark: Im standing at two right now
Vanana: lol i have no comment whatsoever
swebonny: i feel special now

ty all for the insight on my idea...if anyone would like to add on or change it in any way post and ill look into it