( search forums )
Two Tricks
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Jaz
March 23, 2005, 8:27 pm
Ninjaz:
This trick adds more speed to proning. It also looks very cool, and could be used for faster dodging. Instructions are: Get some momentum, jump into space, hold on switch weapon button, hold in jets and repeatedly press prone. Sounds difficult but is easy.

You will notice a huge difference when doing it while switching weapons and not.

JumpingJackz:
This is improved version of m79 jump because it gives you a bullet to use. Shoot in the air, move to the side of where the bullet will land, jump in time with the explosion. With practise you can learn this jump well and it is extremely useful. As your waiting on the m79 bullet to land you reload another, then your whacked into your desired destination and you can blast at the unsuspecting barretards :D.

Ok, give them a try !

Teh Panda
March 23, 2005, 8:30 pm
Ninjaz: Have never heard.
JJ: Doing all the time.

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 8:31 pm
I've used the "JumpingJackz" before, but I is not too good at it. I can remember quite a few times where either a teamate jumped into the way, or when it just obliterated my head. You're right though, it works good and it's fun.

Meandor
March 23, 2005, 8:39 pm
If you m79 jump when you're not holding the flag, you're a pussy.

Xanthophobia
March 23, 2005, 8:54 pm
I've been doing the 'JumpingJackz' move for ages.. it hasn't been of much use.. just looks funny. :>

Jaz
March 23, 2005, 8:59 pm
ninjaz was the new thing but jumping jackz is somthing id like to see more.

reckon
March 23, 2005, 9:49 pm
Haha, the new thing.
Like Pepsi si.

Keron Cyst
March 24, 2005, 1:16 am
What's the purpose of Ninjaz? From my experimentation, simply jetting while prone gets you farther and is less tedious...

Jaz
March 24, 2005, 2:12 am
hold in switch weapons button, jet button and repeatedly tap prone button. Im not talking bout superman trick......

Vanana
March 24, 2005, 2:23 am
the ninjaz works
but seems useless to me =P

Felix
March 24, 2005, 9:02 am
Ninjaz: Use sometimes

JJ: very often, it's cool :P

MercyM
March 24, 2005, 9:30 am
I've tried both.

N1nj@
March 24, 2005, 9:20 pm
The ninjaz is not that MUCH faster, it's more complicated too, so many buttons to hold :P confused me

Swebonny
March 24, 2005, 9:46 pm
lol for the Ninjaz trick :D

Jaz
March 25, 2005, 12:33 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@The ninjaz is not that MUCH faster, it's more complicated too, so many buttons to hold :P confused me

but it is faster so michal added it for a reason me thinks

N1nj@
March 25, 2005, 3:35 am
or maybe it's just a bug ;)

Dathker
April 5, 2005, 4:26 am
eh?1 me and or, why would someone be a pussy if they aren't holding the flag
isn't it being a pussy if they ARE holding the flag?

UltraMagnus
April 5, 2005, 7:59 pm
just tried nijaz, and my computer just kept beeping cuz i was trying to press too many buttons for it at once..... its really old

oh well, cant wait untill later when i install my new let-you-hold-down-8-buttons-at-once gaming keyboard :D

Ivan0
April 5, 2005, 8:06 pm
That m79 trick is not very practical in my oppinion, you lose too much time waiting for the shell to come down and that can cost you.
2Meandor - i am using m79 jumps throughout the game (with or without flag, thats from my quake3 days) and i am no pussy.

Xanthophobia
April 5, 2005, 9:28 pm
meh.. I made a booboo... I've been using the 'ninjaz' move for ages, not the 'JumpingJackz'. Silly meh.

Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 9:56 pm
sounds stupid

b00stA
April 7, 2005, 6:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psychosounds stupid

You have truly enlightened us all.

April 7, 2005, 8:56 pm
You managed to kill yourself frequently with your jumping thingy when i last played you.

Taxista
April 7, 2005, 9:49 pm
True, thats a dangerous trick. The first one is good because u get very velocity, but it requires much practice. btw its not necessary to be repeatedly, u just have to press jets, phrone, change weap, all at the same time.

[S][K]Taxi