( search forums )
Grammaton Cleric's CCCP
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 6:48 am
[IMAGE]
well this is my 3rd map so please dont bash it i heard it had potiential but i needs shading and more scenery
could i get some positive feedback on what kinda scenery and other things i could throw in there
maybe give me some links to some good scenery?

Vijchtidoodah
March 24, 2005, 8:12 am
Alright, I'm not bashing, but it may sound harsh (that's what you need, though):
The hammer and sickle in the middle is ugly and out of placeYou need more variation in the landscape because all you have now is a box with some bumps in it. Box maps suck.There is absolutely no shading, but you already knew that.For ice maps, you should find some scenery of trees with snow on them and whatever else you think of when you think of snowWhat the hell are those wierd hook things at the top and side? It looks like you were just trying to make sniping positions - sniping areas are bad unless you're making the map specifically for that purpose.The icicles at the top look like you barely spent any time on them. Fiddle around with the colors, see what level of transparancy works best (ice is see through), and place them so that it looks like one long row of icicles instead of just a few blocky patches.Are those soldiers hanging from the cieling? They look terrible...what would a soldier be doing impaled on the cieling?Spend a good amount of time on your map (not minutes or hours, but a few days, at least once you get better)

I hope that helps...

Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 1:11 pm
1. well i had another map me and my friends made and i though it would be cool to walk on the Soviet sign
2.yea thats why i came here to get a good idea on what to put
3.yea that will be done
4.yea i need to find more scenery im kinda anchored buy what i DLed from other maps
5.those are talking zones so when me and my friends are playing and we have to say something we usually go up there haha kinda cheap
6.yea i didnt spend much time at all on them haha imagine that ice is see through
7.they are impailed on the icicles but they can leave
8.ill try

Norse
March 25, 2005, 12:10 am
I think you just posted the same map in two topics :x