( search forums )
Suicides
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
sol_dat
March 24, 2005, 1:00 pm
Is'it possible to forbid suicides. I play often with few friends over LAN and one of them constantly killing him self when he has litle energy. Is it fair and is it possible with soldat game settings to forbid too many suicides?

Greetings

Jap_man
March 24, 2005, 1:02 pm
Uh, I don't think it is possible to "forbid too many suicides" or something along those lines.

ThaD
March 24, 2005, 1:08 pm
taking away points for suicides would solve this problem

Meandor
March 24, 2005, 1:23 pm
That doesn't make sense, a lot of the suicides are due to the invisible nades bug and weird bounces. I'd rather have an option that lets you disable self-damage.

Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 2:35 pm
LMAO, I do this @ my school's LAN all the time... No you cant stop it.

You wouldnt happen to be Celo/Spliton/Lewwy now would ya?

GunPowder
March 24, 2005, 3:16 pm
There's a solution actually, A time penalty can be applied on suiciders, Like when you suicide you respawn after 20 seconds or something ... That'll make all suiciders stop for sure .. =D

Vanana
March 24, 2005, 3:59 pm
taking pointsits enuf to prevent so...
Soldat is 1 of the few games that doesnt
take points away when self-killing

Elemental
March 24, 2005, 6:49 pm
But what if you accidentally kill yourself..:/ not cool

ThaD
March 24, 2005, 7:52 pm
ppl would be more carefull then, yet I admit invisible nades bug would make this solution unfair, but that's MM's problem...

Swebonny
March 24, 2005, 9:51 pm
LOL encense i do that 2 all the time :P Ok not all the time then...

sol_dat
March 25, 2005, 6:48 am
[code]GunPowder
There's a solution actually, A time penalty can be applied on
suiciders, Like when you suicide you respawn after 20 seconds or
something [/code]
This will be great, how can I do it? P.S. I am server!!

Gen0cide
March 25, 2005, 6:53 am
You can't do it,he's saying it would be a good idea.

__SnoOpy__
March 25, 2005, 5:22 pm
Long respawn would work well to stop sucide.

I like doing it in positive way in team games though.
(Throw away my weapon and run to enemy yelling "KAMIKAZE!", usually I get one)

Marine
March 25, 2005, 5:22 pm
I don't understand what the purpose is of killing yourself with low health. It's just dumb. I've gotten plenty of kills at low health, or I've at least kamikaze-style suicided.

UltraMagnus
March 25, 2005, 6:56 pm
it would be stupid, somtimes you have to kill yourself if you get stuck ect

Ivan0
March 25, 2005, 11:38 pm
dont play with that suiciding idiot anymore, simple as that

Keron Cyst
March 25, 2005, 11:48 pm
If not in Meandor's idea (no self-damage), servers would have to automatically determine if a suicide was intentional or accidental (proba'ly close to impossible :P), and then have effects be carried out accordingly.

UltraMagnus
March 26, 2005, 8:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystIf not in Meandor's idea (no self-damage), servers would have to automatically determine if a suicide was intentional or accidental (proba'ly close to impossible :P), and then have effects be carried out accordingly.

how about if it was a temp ban for doing too many suicides in a certain amount of time? (ie 3 in 10 minuites)

Wopkeuh
March 26, 2005, 12:57 pm
I don't mind the way it is... One who suiccides is obviously a worse player than you are... You will most likely win and in case of a draw..... you still win.... I don't mind.

SilencedAsshole
March 29, 2005, 12:11 am
I wonder why nobody mentioned, that in PointMatch you get 1- kill if you kill yourself...

Hanz
March 29, 2005, 8:36 pm
Also in Team Match actually. That makes it fun for A$$holes to keep killing themselves and bringing down the points for the team.

I think making you lose points for killing yourself in DM would make sense, every other game does do it. If you happen to die because of your own nade or idiocy, then its your own fault. Besides, whats one point anyway, you can get like 10 more in a Dm in about 30 seconds...if that long.

Sy1ver
April 3, 2005, 5:20 pm
Better I loss one frag on its garnet than loss 10 because of unpunished suicide of the enemy

Happy Camper
April 3, 2005, 5:48 pm
Soldat did take away points for killing yourself, but that was a long time ago. and it was annoying, cuz half the time you kill yourself with your non existant nades that you didnt trow...

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 2:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by SilencedAssholeI wonder why nobody mentioned, that in PointMatch you get 1- kill if you kill yourself...

who plays pointmatch?

mickle89
April 4, 2005, 3:21 pm
nooooooo well i hav lots of suicides (100 in over 1000 deaths) now taking points away is a good idea but for me no.....think its coz i nade spam a lot and dont keep the nade button pressed for long enough.

DT
April 4, 2005, 3:45 pm
you don't die that much if you carpet nade... so it really wouldn't matter... i mean i do it all the time and my average of dieing that way on a game is twice...