( search forums )
Crazy Physics Pickup
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Rambo_6
March 24, 2005, 1:33 pm
I love messing with soldat's physics. Dropping 4 nades on one spot, then stepping on them is fun :D

What if there were a pickup that could randomly (or something):

-reverse gravity? (for dead bodies and pickups only)
-make some bullets bouncy?
-make ricochets last longer?
-cause exploding bodies to do so in slow motion... sweeeet...
-cause a players head to bounce around the map?
-give the person who got the pickup more pushing power (his bullets launch the enemy back further)
-give the person who got the pickup the ability to pick up bodies with the cursor and slap the enemies silly with it? (lol)
-make grenades bounce twice as much?

this would be fun to see... Complete and total mayhem! :D

MercyM
March 25, 2005, 1:07 pm
Sounds really fun. Especially the reverse gravity.

sbu-spyvin
March 25, 2005, 1:39 pm
Heheh nice :-)

Maybe if you pick that pickup you can throw 2x faster nades so it will be a nade madness!!!!! :p

MercyM
March 25, 2005, 1:52 pm
Do you mean that the grenades fly faster?

sbu-spyvin
March 25, 2005, 1:55 pm
No, hmmmmmmm... ( let me think )

(edited)

You throw the nades faster.
Like normal (just a sample) you throw 2 nades in 5 sec
With that psy pickup you can throw 4 in 5 sec.

Understand?????

MercyM
March 25, 2005, 3:33 pm
I understand you, but I can throw five grenades in two seconds.
And it's easy to do.

Lt. Sneezy
March 25, 2005, 4:00 pm
Sounds like a fun idea, but I can imagine, as with any good idea, people would [IMAGE] about it.

UltraMagnus
March 25, 2005, 4:58 pm
sounds a good idea if it was a server side option, seeing as it wouldnt be all that cool in serious games

Vanana
March 25, 2005, 7:03 pm
yea some of thos pickups sound
pretty fun

Boer
March 25, 2005, 7:28 pm
How would ice bullets pickup sound, slowing down those u hit and making their rof slower? I think this should really replace flamegod in ctf mode.

UltraMagnus
March 25, 2005, 8:23 pm
WUH!? why? flame god is cool!

Vijchtidoodah
March 25, 2005, 10:42 pm
NEW GAME MODE!! This would be an awesome new mode for when you get tired of playing seriously.

Keron Cyst
March 25, 2005, 11:50 pm
I love the idea of projectiles ricocheting 2+ times instead of a mere 1 B)

Harwin
March 25, 2005, 11:54 pm
This both does and doesn't belong to this topic but ill put it in anyway.

I dont like when i join a game and find out its Realistic mode.
Sure, i just need to leave and join another one, but couldn't it mark it as Realistic mode somehow from the lobby in the game/server?

I posted it here as you are discussing a new game mode here, which i think sound good as well.

But there's a suggestion, make it visible that it is a realistic mod/other mod game play in the lobby.

Teh Panda
March 26, 2005, 12:04 am
Someone hanging from b2b's roof @ reverse gravity = rofl.

Marine
March 26, 2005, 6:45 am
What about zero gravity?

O_O

zyxstand
March 26, 2005, 7:04 am
lmao...zero grav sounds like being in water ( http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21083&SearchTerms=swim ) but the anti-gravity sounds cool! just imagine people walking upside down on maps...and are bullets also affected upsidedownish? if not then you'd have them flying away from "ground" (ground being the roofs) so it'll look really strange... or have normal walking people (on the actual floor) and the bullets just fly upwards - FREAKY! but sometin like this needs to get in the game sooner or later... and what about gravity guns?

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 7:09 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandlmao...zero grav sounds like being in water
Nope, being in water is usually half of the gravity.

Captain Ben
March 26, 2005, 7:38 am
RETARDED GRAVITY MODE!!

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 7:40 am
What kind of mode is that? :O

Harwin
March 26, 2005, 1:20 pm
What about reversed gravity? Running around on the "ceiling" of the levels you are so comfortable with would make it kind of funny.

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 1:26 pm
What about no gravity, double gravity, or triple gravity? :P

STEELIX
March 26, 2005, 3:13 pm
How about beeing able to let the map swing back and forth as in a ship? :P

Harwin
March 26, 2005, 3:38 pm
Random gravity would be kinda humorous.

Like 10 second low gravity, 10 second high, 15 second normal, then suddenly high gravity, and it just switches for no reason. :P

Would be VERY annoying though. ^^

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 3:43 pm
How about if the map would roll around all the time and the soldiers would fly with it? :P

zyxstand
March 26, 2005, 5:11 pm
HAha. no - getting way too off-topic... upside down, harwin, has been state before. however i still like it - but would all players be affected by it or just some?

UltraMagnus
March 26, 2005, 9:47 pm
how about left an right gravity?

zyxstand
March 26, 2005, 11:06 pm
neh - maps aren't good for that...and making map tat specify on all-direction-gravity is bad. keep it simple like stated in the original thread

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 3:54 am
Kewl, Sounds like a neat idea, but It would definatly hafta be a game mode, cause I dont want that all the time :p

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 8:07 pm
i like soldat as it is kthxbai, leave the physics alone

Rambo_6
March 28, 2005, 3:44 pm
I've said it once, i'll say it again.

Don't post " i like soldat as it is" or "LEAVE SOLDAT ALONE!!" in the suggestions forum. It's extremely ironic, and it makes you look like an arse.

And this would only be a pickup lasting for a limited time. One more suggestion for the pickup:

bouncy bullets :D

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 6:06 pm
what if a dog was running across your ceiling while playing soldat and an elephant ate it?

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 6:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6bouncy bullets :D
And it could be easy to do, just like Marcinkowski did the ricochet, but only to make the bullet to ricochet from any angle and it would not lose speed or power.

Rhombus
March 28, 2005, 6:26 pm
About the dead bodies, I can imagine how to screw with ma cousin :p (although he doesnt like soldat) If your note interested, just dont read this post cuz thats all I'll say.
I would camp with that special power, taking a body to the same spot as where I am. When he walks by (I am behind a bush so he wont see me) I will let the body jump on him :p. That oughtta scare him. You dont believe he'll be that stupid? then read this:
In Pefect dark (nintendo 64), we went to multiplayer, and there were these guns that could fire through walls (and you can see through walls, it has x-ray). We told him that in that map, there were green tiles on the floor, and if you got too close, you would die. So he was looking at the ground, and we were aiming at him: BANG! Dead. He was going mad because he didnt see any green tiles (DUH, there were no green tiles). He believed it untill we told him, and we couldnt stop from p1ssing in our pants.

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 5:30 pm
I have teh greatests Idea.. what if u take a bonus and it makes the map flip over sideways...
we would get a whole new perspective of the maps then =)

MercyM
April 1, 2005, 6:11 pm
Make it simplified:
It turns your screen upside down.

MyCatOwnz
April 1, 2005, 8:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by HarwinThis both does and doesn't belong to this topic but ill put it in anyway.

I dont like when i join a game and find out its Realistic mode.
Sure, i just need to leave and join another one, but couldn't it mark it as Realistic mode somehow from the lobby in the game/server?

I posted it here as you are discussing a new game mode here, which i think sound good as well.

But there's a suggestion, make it visible that it is a realistic mod/other mod game play in the lobby.

Dude, use the server filters. You can stop Realistic games from being displayed in the first place, AFAIK. Admittedly occasionally it'll SNAFU and show servers that it shouldn't, but nothing's perfect.