( search forums )
Armor Lvl
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
kwanfei
March 24, 2005, 8:35 pm
I think it maybe posted before, but i searched for this topic, but didn't see anything about it came out.

Here is the suggestion:
Why don't we have some different types of armors, like a heavy, a middle and a light armor. Make another list next to the weapon list so we can change when we spawn.

Heavy armors-
head shot : 100%
torso shot : 80~90%(maybe make barret can't kill in one shot with trso shot)
leg shot : 70~80%
Run slower, jump lower, use up more boost with jets
(spawn with little vest maybe a good idea)

Middle armors-
head shot : 120%
torso shot : 100%
leg shot : 90%
(as same as what we have now)

Light armors(or no armor)-
head shot : 120%
torso shot : 120%
leg shot : 100%
run and jump a bit faster and higher, use less boost when jets

Maybe we can have different size of each armor, e.g. your body will get big(not taller) because of the big armor, and thiner with light armor. This will make ppl easier to define what armor is the enemy wearing.

Of cause, this can have an opion of turning on/off of each armor, which is that same as the weapons opion.

MercyM
March 25, 2005, 1:09 pm
Yeah, but only pick-up-able.

sbu-spyvin
March 25, 2005, 1:43 pm
Nice maybe we could add somehing to soldat to choose those kinde of armours but if you choose light you can choose eagles, mp5.

I think that we already talked about that but it would be nice in soldat.

Like a big fatman ( big armour) can only choose minigun and other heavy weapons.

A tall fast person ( low - medium armour ) runs fast can choose ruger and barret and mp5.

I could add more but i won't do that ;)

kwanfei
March 25, 2005, 4:46 pm
I don't like guns request to armors, i think let ppl chose freely is the best

Marine
March 25, 2005, 5:29 pm
I'm personally against armor levels in general. It makes Soldat less Soldat and more Tribes or w whatever.

UltraMagnus
March 25, 2005, 6:04 pm
i like the idea of differnt types of armour pickups, but i dont like the idea of making weapons only choosable by differnt types of armour

Vanana
March 25, 2005, 6:59 pm
go play tribes or team fortress...

UltraMagnus
March 25, 2005, 8:26 pm
play tribes, but have trouble finding a server where somthing isnt modded into stupidness

plus tribes is 3d

Marine
March 26, 2005, 6:50 am
Still, it doesn't seem to fit Soldat. Soldat is a simple game. It doesn't need this armor system.

Most people would probably stay with main armor any way, since it's just better in general.

captainfalcon1912
March 26, 2005, 11:16 pm
Yeah, this sounds exactly like tribes. Don't start telling us what weapons we can and can't use. I DEMAND FREEDOM!!

CottonTheMoth
March 26, 2005, 11:34 pm
I am captainfalcon1912, and I just registered with a new name...so...i guess this is kind of irrelivant to the topic. BUT IT"S STILL TOO MUCH LIKE TRIBES!

BManx2000
March 27, 2005, 1:04 am
Your sig is 2.0333333333333333333... times too wide.

kwanfei
March 27, 2005, 3:38 am
This looks like some other games is not the point, the whole idea is to make soldat more changes and fun.

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 3:52 am
Hahaha! I'm so lucky I have nothing better to do then to fix the signatures of people who can't read the freaking rules even though its right at the top of the page and in plain english.

On-Topic:

I like this idea, but I doubt it will get implemented. Soldat would start to.. "clash" and it just wouldn't be itself anymore.

Captain Ben
March 27, 2005, 8:21 am
Nice avatar and siggy, Lapis!
tHIS SOUNDS TO COMPLICATED...
Imagine n00bs elling people what armour to wear or he'll kick them...