( search forums )
Cave Story
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 8:43 pm
As JayBee decided to be cool and locked my other thread that I posted in the lounge, I decided to repost here in the bash pit. DEATH TO THE LINK DUMP!!!

http://agtp.romhack.net/doukutsu.html
(Download the english patch)

Vijchtidoodah
March 24, 2005, 8:49 pm
Lol...I hate that link dump too. [IMAGE] THE MACHINE!!

peemonkey
March 24, 2005, 8:54 pm
quote:Origionally Posted by your god, peemonkey

that's lame.

Vijchtidoodah
March 24, 2005, 9:05 pm
I agree, although the idea is origional (in fact, brimming with origionality), it's origionalness gets in the way of me having a fun, origional time.

Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 9:41 pm
Oh poop. Narrow minded people attack.

peemonkey
March 24, 2005, 10:45 pm
im not narrow minded, my mind's a broad as....umm... yer mom's legs!! i win!
i just dont like it. i could make better things in gamemaker 6.0 in 20 minutes. :P

BManx2000
March 25, 2005, 2:05 am
I will personally decapitate anyone who insults Doukutsu.

peemonkey
March 25, 2005, 2:18 am
it's a [IMAGE] game and a bad mother!

Deleted User
March 25, 2005, 2:35 am
This game is the best thing I have ever seen. Thank you, Ville.

Vijchtidoodah
March 25, 2005, 2:40 am
What makes it so good?

BManx2000
March 25, 2005, 3:21 am
The fact that it gets better as it goes on.

Vijchtidoodah
March 25, 2005, 3:29 am
Well, is it just straight adventure or is it funny...why is it better than all the other adventure games out there?

n00bface
March 25, 2005, 4:45 am
Because chicks dig guys who play this game.

Milkman Dan
March 25, 2005, 5:02 am
Oh really...

/me schemes

The Geologist
March 25, 2005, 5:50 am
Get back to your snot pr0n.

Deleted User
March 25, 2005, 7:45 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahWell, is it just straight adventure or is it funny...why is it better than all the other adventure games out there?

Because it is not straight (no I don't mean it's homosexual) adventure. Just keep your eyes opened while playing, there's tons of secrets to find.

Captain Ben
March 25, 2005, 9:25 am
I just found the best game ever!
Here's the link:
www.soldat.pl

Happy gaming!

Shivorken
March 25, 2005, 9:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenI just found the best game ever!
Here's the link:
www.soldat.pl

Happy gaming!

WOW!!! THAT GAME PWNS ALL OTHER GAMES!!!! IM GONNA TELL THE WHOLE FORUM ABOUT THIS GAME!!! DON'T THINK ANYONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT IT YET!!!! GJ CAPTAIN BEN!!!!

Captain Ben
March 25, 2005, 9:40 am
Damn Right!
A proud contribution from PNG's only Soldat player! (That I know of...)

MercyM
March 25, 2005, 9:42 am
YES! I'VE GOT MY NEW BEST GAME EVER NEVER!!! YAAAGH!

Deleted User
March 25, 2005, 10:13 am
Out of my topic. :F

SPOILERS OLOL!
[spoiler]If you want a really powerful gun then do NOT take the machine gun. Instead continue with the pistol and bring it back to the gunsmith. He will then turn it into an even better gun. :O [/spoiler]

Oh and peemonkey, I challenge you to make a better game in gamemaker in 20 minutes. :P

MercyM
March 25, 2005, 11:52 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyi could make better things in gamemaker 6.0 in 20 minutes. :P
Game Maker 5.3 is better.

b00stA
March 25, 2005, 1:08 pm
I COULD MAKE A BETTER GAME MAKER IN 20 MINUTES!

Deleted User
March 25, 2005, 11:25 pm
This game has something to it. The music, the environment.. something about it. Its.. entrancing. I love this game.

SUPER EDIT: Good lord, Ville, I can't beat teh Sacred Grounds! What is teh secret? I get to that big thing at the end with only 10 HP, =\

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 4:20 pm
Sacred Grounds? Are you talking about some sort of secret place?

Edit: So it is a secret level. I am playing for 3rd time now and just got Booster 2.0. :( Just don't tell me how to find it please. I want to find it by myself.

Edit: FOUND IT! It's damn hard though. I'll try to play it tomorrow.

BManx2000
March 30, 2005, 4:30 pm
Erm, I don't really know what you mean by "Sacred Grounds" either. Could you describe it?

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 9:07 pm
I don't want to spoil anything, but its like the game suddenly STOPS PLAYING FAIR and decides to eat me.

To describe the Sacred Grounds:

Evil cherubs flying about everywhich-way, bricks falling from the cieling and instant-death pits everywhere. There are gates which insta-kill anything nearby when they're destroyed and an obscene number of those cherubs are always on the screen (about 25+), on top of that you're timed, so you have to rush rush rush to get anything good done. =
If you found the area called "Passage?" then you found a part of the Sacred Grounds. That's all I'll say.

I can get past the first big "boss" (again, spoiler aversion) but as you proceed the entire storyline is explained to you and you're like, "Oh my God, this game is so amazing" and then suddenly there's a dog and a lightning bolts and [IMAGE] HAPPENS

BManx2000
March 30, 2005, 10:24 pm
Ahh, those sacred grounds. I always thought that whole place was called "Hell". I still haven't beaten that yet...

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 1:38 am
I beat it. I beat the Sacred Grounds. I beat the final final final boss. This game is amazing. I still want to play through it again even though I've played through it normally twice already.

If you want any tips, I'll be glad to PM you some. I don't want to spoil it for anyone.