( search forums )
better team balancing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
UltraMagnus
March 25, 2005, 4:53 pm
when the teams become unbalanced by more than one person (ie 2v4 3v5 ect) it automatically forces somone on the team with more people to change team

opinions?

kwanfei
March 25, 2005, 6:21 pm
I personally will just warn the person makes the team balance(last join or change team) to change or kick, then wait for few sec and vote to kick him if he don't change.

UltraMagnus
March 25, 2005, 6:45 pm
thats ok, but it get really annoying usually causing you to die 6 dozen times while you try to type weird names IMO

also, what about dedicated servers?

dv297
March 25, 2005, 9:02 pm
lol don't you use the numbers? faster to type.

I think the team with a lower score should get the member from the other team that has the lowest point at that time.

UltraMagnus
March 25, 2005, 9:07 pm
oops, but how do i find out somones "number" to make it up?

Ivan0
March 25, 2005, 11:56 pm
If your personal score would carry over to new team, then id be the first to volonteer to change team. But since it doesnt, and im closer to the top of the list, cant force me to switch.

Making a newbie team into a large newbie team, not good. As a server option id prefer a team re-shuffle based on score (ie, best score to one team, second best to other, etc); that way you always have even teams, if not in numbers then in skill.

dv297
March 26, 2005, 4:03 am
you press / then press f1.

dang, almost thought I had a good idea.

zyxstand
March 26, 2005, 5:34 am
hmm, the only thing i'd hate about it is that if big M is gonna incorporate this idea into teamgames and he decides to make it so that the person with least score has to move then it would really suck if u havge like 20 kills while the next person has like 12 kills and 1 cap making his score higher then urs so u have to move instead of him..... so i'd say make it person with least deaths - or actually not at all b.c those things usually happen rarely and when it happens there's almost always gonna be someone ready to change team... but i just hate when people change team from a 4v5 where the 4 team is winning and the person from the 5 team switches to the 4 team just because they wanna be on the winning side - WHERE"S THE CHALLENGE?

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 6:11 am
Would be really nice. It sucks, if there's 2 vs 4.

Marine
March 26, 2005, 6:46 am
Maybe it bumps the person with lowest score to other team? So we don't have weiners whining about their score being erased.

What about on Zombie games? How would it work? It'd get annoying.

Vijchtidoodah
March 26, 2005, 6:52 am
All you have to do is shuffle the teams after the round is over, that way you don't have to worry about people getting upset about their points or unfair teams.

UltraMagnus
March 26, 2005, 9:14 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahAll you have to do is shuffle the teams after the round is over, that way you don't have to worry about people getting upset about their points or unfair teams.

but, alot of servers have quite long rounds......

Iag0
March 27, 2005, 12:39 am
you can always try asking someone on the team with more players to change...

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 7:56 pm
it should check the kill to death ratio before forcing somebody onto the other team so the uneven team doesn't get a random noob, and it should be optional for like clan wars and stuff