( search forums )
how can i dodge this barret
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
mickle89
March 26, 2005, 3:32 pm
This is the situation: There is like two tunnels with opening and a camper with barret. What weapon shall i use to kill him and how shall i use it??

IMAGE LINK:
http://img80.exs.cx/img80/1396/asd2xr.jpg

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 3:47 pm
First at all, get a SPAS-12, throw a grenade against the wall, it should hit the camper, then attack with SPAS-12

__SnoOpy__
March 26, 2005, 4:12 pm
Nice picture, lol

OPTIONS:

1. Grenade as mentioned
2. Go another way, if you really want to kill him, go around to his back and stab him. Play smart!
3. Take a chance? Seems like that barret guy is proned(Worst position). Try jump and jet down as fast as you can and the chances are he will miss the shot.
4. Bullet doesn't collide in some walls at some maps. Lay down and try to snipe his ass.
5. Use bounce. Doesn't have to be barret.. Any weapon, aim the edgey parts, and you will get him. (Tunnels are bouncy usually)
6. Get a bullet proof vest
7. Tell your teammate to go first
*8. Throw away your primary weapon, get a knife on your hand, and yell "KAMIKAZE!!!" and run down and throw a ninja knife at the !@#$. This is only if your "cool".

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 4:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by __SnoOpy__
[color=red]*[/color]8. Throw away your primary weapon, get a knife on your hand, and yell "KAMIKAZE!!!" and run down and throw a ninja knife at the !@#$. This is only if your "cool".
[color=red]*[/color]8.
Uh? And why to yell "Kamikaze"?

__SnoOpy__
March 26, 2005, 4:57 pm
Because usually your going mad and doesn't care about dying in that situation.

Michal Marcinkowski
March 26, 2005, 5:52 pm
Buy a 14400 modem, run emule, torrent and msn. Now join a server with ping ??? and you'll be the master barret dodger.

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 5:54 pm
Marcinkowski is right, the lagging is your best friend, not your Barret.

Icarius
March 26, 2005, 6:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiBuy a 14400 modem, run emule, torrent and msn. Now join a server with ping ??? and you'll be the master barret dodger.

YOU'RE SECRET HAS BEEN REVEALED.

Gen0cide
March 26, 2005, 7:33 pm
The three laggiest things :P
i wanna try that

UltraMagnus
March 26, 2005, 9:35 pm
quite easy, use a barret

SpankyMcGuire
March 26, 2005, 9:35 pm

1. Try the grenade. If the grenade is just close enough to push him back then time it right so you fall down just as the grenade throws him back, affecting his aim. Kill him.

2. Try to fake him out. Use your jets and hover just out of his line of fire, hoping he takes the shot. If he does then let go of your jets and go in after him before he moves to his secondary weapon.

3. If you have a Barret then crouch and try and shoot down through the wall. Most thin walls and even some thick ones can be shot through with the Barett. That one does look a bit thick though, but you should remember the Barret trick if you don't know it. It is little used and it pisses people off to no end. Imagine what he would think if he was waiting for you to come down and you just flat took him out from above.....

4. Let a teammate go first as previousely mentioned. It works like 70% of the time.

5. Try to put a grenade right where you are (on the picture) on the top side of that wall. With that wall thickness the grenade might send some damage through the wall and hurt the goon with the Barett.

6. I've been in almost identical situations alot when I snipe. Most of the time I just throw myself down there prone and take him out first. About 80% of the time it works. *Grins* you just have to be fast.

SpankyMcGuire
March 26, 2005, 9:56 pm

Oh yeah, you can always just scare him into moving. Say out loud 'YOU'RE BEHIND HIM, TAKE HIM OUT!'

Since he is prone if he wants to look far behind him he'll have to un-prone.

MercyM
March 27, 2005, 7:14 am
Damnit, use the edit button. -.-

Captain Ben
March 27, 2005, 8:47 am
Or you could just find another way there...

lastpatriot
March 27, 2005, 11:50 am
1. Grenades

2. Go around, dodge the shot, knife.

3.Richochet with an HK, followed by more grenadiering.

4. Jump down, while in the air, use HK or Steyr to bink the crap out of him. go behind, finish him.

Icarius
March 27, 2005, 1:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by UltraMagnusquite easy, use a barret

Wow, of all the bright idea's this forum has to offer, this might be the best.

Soilder: HEY COME AND GET ME
Soilder (1): LOL NO YOU COME GET ME
Soilder: TEEHEE NO..... YOU COME AND GET ME FAG
Soilder (1): OMFG YOU CALLED ME A FAG, STFU AND DIE ASSHOLE

You can see where that is going....

MercyM
March 27, 2005, 2:43 pm
Soilder? Hahaha! :PPP

Melba
March 27, 2005, 6:29 pm
yes MercyM, soilder.
Wtf are you on?

.alex.oner.
March 27, 2005, 8:32 pm
haha, soilder..

its soldier..

dadarkman
March 27, 2005, 8:50 pm
.alex.oner.......???....DUUUUH!!!

Melba
March 27, 2005, 10:18 pm
.alex.oner. wtf do you mean?
BELIEVE ME. it's soilder.. i'm norwegian, I should know.

Elemental
March 27, 2005, 10:51 pm
Ya, well, it if is your speaking norwegian..but so many people think English is the universal language xd

.alex.oner.
March 27, 2005, 11:05 pm
sorry, who is the one thats english? so who do you think would know how to speak english? yes exactly, i rest my case.. heh

Elemental
March 27, 2005, 11:56 pm
what..?

.alex.oner.
March 28, 2005, 12:40 am
i wasent talking to you.. :S... but yea, go type in 'soilder' into google then.. now lets see whos right?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=soilder&btnG=Search&meta=

Did you mean: soldier

STEELIX
March 28, 2005, 12:54 am
alex, Melba is kidding you, and I'd stop posting in this thread from now on if I were you :D

GunPowder
March 28, 2005, 1:09 am
If i were you , I'd go back a little, Move forward with a jump, run as fast as i can then jump and prone in the air with jetpacks on, This'll give you speed nearly enough to make this guy miss you, you can then even piss on him to death . =D

Captain Ben
March 28, 2005, 2:14 am
I love doing that on survival mode!

SPARTAN_III
March 28, 2005, 1:14 pm
1 bink him
2 nade him
3 kick him

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 1:24 pm
4 pee on him

SPARTAN_III
March 28, 2005, 3:50 pm
nonono you cant piss on him cos you kicked him.... when he joins again maybe try

Alamo
March 28, 2005, 5:08 pm
Hover on the corner with tiny up-/downward movements until the barretard gets itchy and shoots. If you do it right and he's not a real pro he will miss you. That's your moment, fall down, rip him apart and do /victory.

lastpatriot
March 28, 2005, 6:16 pm
Piss, then, hopefully, he is mesmerized by the urination, then nade.

zambo_the_clown
March 29, 2005, 4:31 am
ill sell you a modem, 56k but it can be tuned down to about 14.4k if not lower. $20 since it will help you out so much muwhahahaah, try getting a team of peeps and all go down to him. if barret goes thru all of u then have 1 or 2 go and u after for cover fire

Liquid Metal
March 29, 2005, 8:58 am
mp5 is teh bink monster! Or u can wait for another team guy of yours to come by and get sniped then u can attack while he is reloading

Unlucky 13
March 29, 2005, 9:06 am
quote:Originally posted by zambo_the_clownill sell you a modem, 56k but it can be tuned down to about 14.4k if not lower.

Better still, buy yourself an old BAUD modem, like Michal said.

The way I do it is to teamchat "Sniper on *So and So* Route". He moves usually, and then you can get him.
If not you use a SOCOM/Auto and spray that [IMAGE] until he is so binked he couldn't hit something 5 cm in front of him.