( search forums )
Radar pickup
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CottonTheMoth
March 27, 2005, 12:18 am
A pickup that shows names all over the sides of the screens to show which direction someone is in. This probably wouldnt be too good for things like a zombie server.
o.O

Edit: would also show location of flags.*picture added*
(I realize it isnt a ctf level).

[IMAGE]

paramud
March 27, 2005, 11:53 am
NO. NO NO NO NO.

m00`
March 27, 2005, 11:55 am
why not. why not. why not.

this could be used as a secondary weapon and when you switch to it, it woudl tell you all that info and stuff xD

sbu-spyvin
March 27, 2005, 12:01 pm
I think we can better hace that standaard in ctf inf and tdm so you can see your teammates but not the flag.
Because can see that capper walking.

The but hold it on DOTS or special pics no names.

MercyM
March 27, 2005, 1:22 pm
Maybe only with teammates.

Lt. Sneezy
March 27, 2005, 3:23 pm
Yeah, this has been suggested many times, never in the form of a pickup or secondary though. I thought it would be a good idea, but many people thought that finding people was part of the game.

Vijchtidoodah
March 27, 2005, 5:00 pm
"Read the Forum Rules. Its one click and a few moments of your time. Really, I wake up and I see this crap, or I sit down to have to edit these kinds of signatures in just about every thread I see. I hate it. Read the forum rules."

Lol, nice.

I don't like it very much because in deathmatch games the maps are so small and everyone is trying to find you anyway and in ctf you won't stay alive long enough to put it to good use.

_Mancer_
March 27, 2005, 5:32 pm
YES YES YES THIS IDEA RULES.

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 7:53 pm
ZOMBIE SERVER SUCKS
you dont need a radar to hunt down a bunch of chainsaw wielding idiots, idiota. i know i've suggested other things that suck but this one is bad. if you get killed in a zombie server there should be a file in soldat that deletes soldat and stops you from downloading soldat and if you do manage to download it, it checks your ip to see if its safe to allow you to install it, and also, with chainsaws and knives and fists, just prone and get a shotgun or a chainsaw, makes easy work of them. god dammit

Vijchtidoodah
March 27, 2005, 8:15 pm
Krieg, read his post carefully before you make brash comments like that.

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 11:55 pm
i kinda like this idea and i kinda dont, but i dont no why 0_0

Green Barret
March 28, 2005, 8:04 am
Sorta been posted before... But yeah, this ideas pretty good. If implemented, in my opinion it should detect everyone's position(useful to detect preds for noobs) and flags(and maybe the rambo bow too). With all this goodness though, it should last only a short time, maybe about 8 secs.

Harwin
March 29, 2005, 5:53 am
That would give campers hell of a hard time :P

Green Barret
March 29, 2005, 8:09 am
Which is good, isn't it?

CottonTheMoth
March 29, 2005, 9:26 pm
I hate campers....although sometimes I zone out and become one..:)

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 9:30 pm
only people on inf bravo team have to kamp

CottonTheMoth
March 29, 2005, 10:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascooonly people on inf bravo team have to kamp

I never said that this was only for infiltration mode...

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 6:43 am
this might be good if you have it like a Halo method like a little circle comes up in the corner and it just throws pics of where certain people are liek your team and opposing team and flag

dv297
March 30, 2005, 11:47 am
personnally I don't know how it could be a circle since soldat is 2d but maybe a square in the top of the screen showing where people are.

Or, we could just put specific points in the map and name them and then when you press f1, you'll see there name and score, and where they are standing (ex- dv297 * 8 9 8 101 (Red Spawn Point)

Yea, but it only tells where your team mates are, and still is a power up.

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 10:42 pm
how bout a little place u go to, and there u can see all that radar stuff

kwanfei
March 31, 2005, 1:59 am
so.....if the room has like 50 ppl, it would be 50 name on the screen?!
sorry, i don't want my screen looks like a mess

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 1:05 pm
you cant have 50 ppl retard....... it only goes up to 32

Rhombus
April 1, 2005, 1:46 pm
Thats a lot too. I think a little circle or square or triangle, I dont care, showing the directions will be better. But I dont like this idea one bit.

DeMonIc
April 1, 2005, 2:04 pm
I had an idea like this long ago, but I don't remember that I posted it in a new thread.. probably it stayed as a reply. In my opinion, in CTF, small arrows should show your teammates direction, and if someone has the flag, this arrow turns red on the inside.

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 3:31 am
actually maybe its should be just for inf and ctf and it would be like a secondary weapon thingy.

Captain Ben
April 3, 2005, 11:30 am
It would be too easy if it was a secondary. Perhaps instead of arrows pointing everywhere,a small cutout of the map could paste itself somewhere on the screen, with dots indictating all of the players with different colours.

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 6:26 pm
idont think it should locate ppl it should only locate flags.

Enemy
April 3, 2005, 9:39 pm
I think it should locate team mates with SMALL arows instead of the names on the picture..... And the freindly flagger should have a speciel arrow.....
(only for CTF and INF)

Kamikaze_Ninja
April 4, 2005, 1:17 am
maybe you can only select four things/ppl that you want to track that'd be better but my idea may suck so you guys keep on going =3