( search forums )
The Gods mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CottonTheMoth
March 27, 2005, 1:19 am
Starting out, 3 people are the gods. They have 1 life each as in survival mode. Each god has 50% more health than a normal human. They each have 1 power, and they are all on one team. There is Flamer,bowman,predator,berserker,and cluster nader. The power they get at the beginning is random. The first 3 people into the game are one of the gods. For bowman,instead of having normal or just exploding arrows, he could switch between lightning(sends electric sure which paralizes and damages humans) and an actual flame arrow(sets ground on fire. For this, there would also have to be a new poly type, which slowly sets on fire if shot at with a flame arrow). This most likely will never be planted into the game, but hey, wouldn't it rock?

The cluster nader would have the ability to throw cluster nades, and launch them as far as desert eagles go. He would also have infinite.
Anyways, the other team(humans)would have normal weapons just like always. Their mission would be to destroy the gods.

There would have to be a new map type(god_)where the gods are pretty much in cloud based areas,where humans will die if they go into them(optional).
I'm tired of thinking for now, so i'll come back later and add onto my idea. Please continue on with additional powers..etc..etc..

[IMAGE]

m00`
March 27, 2005, 11:47 am
so your saying, lets have 3 overpowered people while the other people struggle to kill them. or is it all the gods against ech other?? im confused

MercyM
March 27, 2005, 1:22 pm
Not a good idea, not at all. :[

Lt. Sneezy
March 27, 2005, 3:24 pm
So it would be like Rambo mode, except on crack, with 3 of them?

The Geologist
March 27, 2005, 7:34 pm
Bad idea. Would be even less popular than rambo mode.

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 7:49 pm
there should be the person that makes the game gets to choose how many gods there, like for example say the server made the game and wanted 2 gods, the server and the next guy to join would be able to choose what god they want to be, like : Hades(fire), Zues(lightning), Shiva (ice), Gaia(earth) and when the god dies they drop a object like say hades drops a flamer bonus, you pick it up but you dont have to drop your weapons to pick it up like in rambo match. and there should only be a max of 4 gods.

-edit
In Rambo mode the bowman regenerates, and plus it should only be a limit for 4 people to play

dv297
March 27, 2005, 8:31 pm
but... gods are immortal....

so bowman is a god? Wouldn't that mean he regenarates? He would be impossible to kill.

Krios
March 27, 2005, 11:56 pm
Eh? well for one thing I hate people with more power than everyone else, that's why I hate Rambo mode. This is even worse than Rambo mode. Like the pic but big giant lightning bolts and electric bows do NOT belong in Soldat.

Captain Ben
March 28, 2005, 1:43 am
I'd like to see a mode like this, even if it's not used often and all of the players gets a power...
But no thunder or mythical crap.

zyxstand
March 28, 2005, 1:53 am
hmm, idea sounds OK... but i dunno if ppl would like to play it. it'll depend more on the maps there are.

and also, why not make it so that you type in, when starting a server, what percentage of the players should be gods. like with 33 percent for example, when the game starts, first person would be god, then next normal, the next normal, then next normal, then next god and so on so that 33% will be god...i think that'd be cooler... and is FF on among gods (or also players)?

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 7:23 am
sounds like rambo mode on LSD to me

its just not soldat IMO, too.....

CottonTheMoth
March 28, 2005, 2:40 pm
I guess my idea just got to my head. I just wanted electric lightning bolts so much that I kept on adding onto it. And BTW, gods do not regenerate health. that would make it way too hard. They cant get any pickups either, so there.

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 5:53 pm
no gods, it not like soldat, MAYBE ALIENS!!!```11111

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 5:59 pm
No, in Soldat, there's soldiers, soldiers, not gods or anything else.