( search forums )
Screen freezing (was: help me please)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Triad
March 27, 2005, 1:44 am
when i play Soldat sometimes my moniter shuts off and i cant turn it on again , it sometimes freezes
other times the moniter shuts off and restarts my computer

Does any1 know why this happens?
Is there a way i can prevent this from happening?

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 3:48 am
This should be in Need Help? Report Bugs! but I'm nice today so I'll help you out.

It sounds to me like your video card is overheating. Could you give me a little more information, such as your system specifications, like your RAM, CPU Speed, and most importantly, Video card.

Expect this thread to be moved, so if you can't find it later, look in the aforementioned, BOLDED section of the forum.

Triad
March 27, 2005, 5:00 am
ive got 256mb ram, Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440-SE (64mb memory) , 2.4GHz
Thanks

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 5:18 am
Make sure your power-saving options are off, just to make sure. Also, ensure that you have the latest drivers with Anti-Aliasing DISABLED - OR - and older set of drivers with Anti-Aliasing ENABLED.

Do you have any way to measure the temp inside your tower?

Triad
March 27, 2005, 5:35 am
how do i check if i have Anti- Aliasing Enabled?

Triad
March 27, 2005, 5:38 am
Do u think it might be overheating cause i leave my comp on 7 hours+ a day?

MercyM
March 27, 2005, 7:12 am
It could be the problem, if your computer can't take it.

Kazuki
March 27, 2005, 7:15 am
I had this problem twice before. One time it was my motherboard. It had fried and it came to a point where as soon as I started my computer, it would shut off. The second time, it turned out to be my power supply. This might be a more reasonable reason for your computer's shut-downs. If your power supply is messed up, your comp will shut off every now and then when you run videos or video games.

I suggest that if Lapis can't help you out, take your computer in to be checked out. Hopefully you have a warranty or something.

Edit: By the way, use the [IMAGE] button next time to edit your post instead of posting twice in a row.

Triad
March 27, 2005, 7:46 am
ok. thanks big help :D

b00stA
March 27, 2005, 12:37 pm
Triad, your monitor might also turn off because it doesn't support the resolution and/or refresh rate Soldat is trying to use.
To avoid this, try using windowed mode instead of fullscreen.
You can change those settings (along with anti-aliasing) by opening "config.exe" in your Soldat directory.

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 7:15 am
i had this problem before, check that the little extremly crap fan that comes with a geforce 4 is actually spinning and not clogged up with dust and [IMAGE]

if it isnt that play in windowed mode

b00stA
March 28, 2005, 6:33 pm
Off-topic comments deleted and moved to Help/Bugs forum.

Rhombus
March 28, 2005, 6:35 pm
perhaps you're using a hewlett packard t300 serie...