( search forums )
ctf_Bridge_Jungle
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
vash763
March 27, 2005, 5:37 am
Ok, so this is my first map worth playing. Kinda like Long Haul, with bridges up top and a low amount of jets. Waypointed, but not very well. Shaded, but also not so well.

[IMAGE]
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]

Still don't know where to host the actual map. Thanks to Grand Diablo for the Tower scenery.

Since the in-game screenies are .bmp I put the direct link, not the image.

And finally the map [URL]

EDIT: I redid the shading on the top part cause it was bad. I also fixed some poly bugs behind the tower, and updated the overview.

I jave also added 2 Stat guns on top. The top is underused, so I decided to add some action.

Vijchtidoodah
March 27, 2005, 5:53 am
Very nice...host it at llsc.us and put the pictures there too because they'll most likely be gone by tomorrow.

N1nj@
March 27, 2005, 5:56 am
I didn't like the middle part, it looks like a rough job. Other than that, pretty good for a first map, job well done!

Norse
March 27, 2005, 6:04 am
This is actually very good! I really like it for a first map, vash! Though, I suggest you might fix some of the top shading and also make the middle part a bit more....maybe add some form of supports to make it look like its being held up. Very nice.

Elemental
March 27, 2005, 6:06 am
You should get a screen of the middle part: Waterfalls and stuff

vash763
March 27, 2005, 6:40 am
the waterfalls look really bad, its playable, but needs alot of work

EDIT:The pictures should be up good now, thnx Vijcht for the help. You can also dl the map.

I also added a pic of the waterfall as requested, you can see the horribleness.

I noticed on one part of the map, and you will see it too, the border on the poly sticks out in a funny direction. It doesn't affect gameplay, and it is on one of the bridges. How can I fix this? should I just replace the poly?

Can sum1 compress this? or tell me how?

Thnx for all the comments, I'll work on it more later.

MercyM
March 27, 2005, 8:03 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763the waterfalls look really bad
No, they are great! :]

sbu-spyvin
March 27, 2005, 12:05 pm
Yummy yummy need to download this map ;p.

I hope that the gameplay is nice.

Felix
March 27, 2005, 12:13 pm
don't put screen shot in bmp.

looks nice

Norse
March 27, 2005, 4:18 pm
Hey, vash enter this is the contest dude! You still have about 6 hours before we judge the maps that are turned it (thus far: geologist's emerald falls, and my inf_fallen)and since yours does contain some form of water, your perfectly eligible to enter!

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 4:27 pm
Oooh, looks pretty :)

grand_diablo
March 27, 2005, 10:45 pm
my hut scenery is getting popular O.o

*adds mapper #6, who didnt ask for permission, to his list*

vash763
March 28, 2005, 12:04 am
Sorry for not asking,

quote:Originally posted by vash763...Thanks to Grand Diablo for the Tower scenery...

at least I gave you credit.

Rambo_6
March 28, 2005, 5:26 am
Hmm, a map based on ctf_Haul :D

I have a smile in my tummy.

vash763
March 28, 2005, 5:38 am
lol, i noticed how no1 liked ctf_haul (that much I think), so I was setting myself up for failure, but I guess not. XD I just love the whole crazyness of the bridges especially when theres a ton of bots with autos

STEELIX
March 28, 2005, 10:58 am
Looks sweet, but why the .bmp screenshots? Try using a program like Irfanview to convert your .bmp files to Jpg or Png.

vash763
March 28, 2005, 2:35 pm
idk, ill convert them afterschool today. they were rushed

Rambo_6
March 28, 2005, 3:47 pm
Would this map still have the same problems as Haul (flag falling thru all th e bridges when the carrier dies) ?

That was a major problem with ctf_Haul. :-/

vash763
March 28, 2005, 8:31 pm
ya it does, since you can shoot threough the bridge, but with there being so many bridges, and islands, its not that big of a deal. This map is especially fun when you have a ton of people playing