( search forums )
Animations problem ?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Didimow
March 27, 2005, 11:25 am
I woke up today and decided to play soldat over the internet.
When i tried to join a server it said i had modified the animations and i had to reinstall.
Please note during the last 2 nights i had not added any mods or changed any of the animations!
So i tried reinstalling but it still said the same message...

help? :(
thanks

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 12:23 pm
This happens whenever there's a time change or anything that modifies the date on your files.

Uninstall Soldat, delete the Soldat folder, restart, reinstall Soldat, restart, and play.

grand_diablo
March 27, 2005, 1:17 pm
aye, the time change seems to be the reason. simple reinstall should do it, like lapis said.

Didimow
March 27, 2005, 6:03 pm
alrighty, thanks dudes. It did go 1 hour ahead today in england...

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 8:03 am
WHHHYYY does soldat make us reinstall the game because of daylight savings?

Karvinen
March 28, 2005, 9:30 am
Is that some kind of overpowered "cheating protection"?

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 11:14 am
Its not Soldat, its your PC. Daylight savings changes the date on EVERY FILE on your PC, including Soldat.

The solution is to install Soldat and compress a backup copy. Once daylight savings occurs, just extract the backup into your Soldat folder.

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 12:23 pm
well thats.... abit stupid, oh well, now i just have to msn my entire interface, scenery and maps folder and msn to 2 of my friends who forgot to backup theres then they reinstalled...

Swebonny
March 28, 2005, 4:33 pm
Strange that didnot happen to me. I live in Sweden so i had to move 1 hour forward. Lucky me.
Or maybe it was cuz i dowloaded the soldat Orginal files and intalled it today..
Thanks for the answer anyway lapis now i know what the problem is if that happen next year.

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 6:53 pm
That happened to me right now, may I just reinstall the Anims. folder?

b00stA
March 28, 2005, 7:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by MercyMThat happened to me right now, may I just reinstall the Anims. folder?
You can try to install Soldat to a NEW directory and copy the animations to your old Soldat folder (I guess that's what you meant..).

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 7:20 pm
Yeah, that's what I meant, copy from a new one. ;]
Works?

b00stA
March 28, 2005, 7:27 pm
It did for me.

Unlucky 13
March 29, 2005, 5:31 am
It didn't for me... I had to put in the Objects folder too.

I think this little .zip here will forfill your future needs.
Err... 1000, Commandership for me.