( search forums )
New here? Introduce yourself!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 6:28 pm
Hey everybody, I'm The Dude. I didn't see a topic for Introducing yourself, and I searched, so I made this one. I'm a highly-ranked member of GTA Warehouse, the top GTA forum on the net. And I love Soldat. I think this topic should be pinned for any new people to introduce themselves.

Stickied, because the Lounge is the best place for this kind of thread and I saw a couple of similar topics emerge in the past few weeks. - Tha Doggfather

Vijchtidoodah
March 27, 2005, 6:46 pm
Hey dude, most new users don't read the FAQ, or the stickies in each forum (at the top of the threads lists) before posting and end up getting into a lot of trouble. I hope you at least glance over those so you understand how things work. If you have any questions, you can send me a Private Message by clicking on this icon [url="http://www.soldatforums.com/privatesend.asp?method=Topic&mname=Vijchtidoodah">[IMAGE].

I think we used to have an "introduce yourself" thread but I don't know what happened to it.

Welcome to the forums!

Melba
March 27, 2005, 6:52 pm
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19324

Welcome to soldat :)

grand_diablo
March 27, 2005, 10:47 pm
*slaps Doggy around for unstickying his "New here? Introduce yourself..." thread a couple of times ago*

Tha Doggfather
March 27, 2005, 11:26 pm
erm...there never was such a thread in the lounge.

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 12:26 am
Aw man..the guy with 0 posts gets his own stickified thread..no fair...

Captain Ben
March 28, 2005, 1:57 am
Don't worry, be happy.
Wooooooooo, wooooooo, yooooooooo... SWAZO IS RIGHT!! UNFAIR!!
Woooooooo...

Green Barret
March 28, 2005, 8:41 am
Not exactly new here but I'll post an introduction.

- Name: Green Barret / Albert Lee
- Live in: Seoul, South Korea
- Hobbies: First Person or 2D Computer games, Tennis, Airsoft
- Smallarms geek... Know a lot about firearms
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Soldat related stuff

- Years played: Since 1.1.2
- Ingame ID: Target
- Most Frequent Server: games.himitsukichi.com
- Favorite Main Weapons(from most favorite): Barret, MP5, Ruger, AK74, AUG
- Skilled with all weapons except SPAS-12
- Favorite Sidearm: Mark 45 SOCOM
- Enjoys all game modes except team death match and point match
- Always watching but rarely posts unless I think my input would be helpful to everyone
- Proud to be a Korean!

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 1:44 pm
'Ello.

grand_diablo
March 29, 2005, 9:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfathererm...there never was such a thread in the lounge.

right, it was in the General Discussion... so I actually need to slap b00stA the evil German! *slaps b00stA*

Duke33
March 29, 2005, 11:34 pm
Duke's Revised Edition of Soldat Foruming Etiquette. (haha; very, very, very few people will remember the original.)

a) Spam. Spamming doesn't work, and despite whatever impression you may recieve, no one gives a flying hoot (hoots can fly, yes) about how many inane posts you have dumped upon our heads. Not many new people are like this, but some very definitely are.
b) Connected to the above advice, make every post count. Don't post things that don't matter, because no one's going to care. Honestly. Try to be intelligent, or failing that, somewhat interesting, or failing that, at least vaguelly purposeful. Lols don't count.
c) This is more of a personal thing, but grammar and spelling really are wonderful things. I remember mr bob making huge posts with nary a comma or a period. Now, he was a cool guy, but it was bloody difficult to read. You want people to read your posts, right? So make it so they can. (note: And don't jump on others backs because they don't use proper grammar to the nth degree, this is what we call 'grammar facism' and it's even more unpleasant than the original event. Be nice, like me *coughs*)
d) Lastly, remember: This is just an online forum. Don't get worked up about it. I see people getting in huffs and crying out "I hate you all! I'm never coming back! [IMAGE] [insert forum member/s]" Or people getting into feuds, or just being idiots. Make this a place others want to come to, not a place that's tiresome and full of others' self-importance.

So welcome to any new person who actually bothers to read this. I was just making the above up, though I think it's pretty on the spot. Everyone, feel free to add to my ideas, if you do so wish. Welcome, again, dear new person whom I do not know nor care about (oh, I'm just joking, I love you). Welcome.

b00stA
March 30, 2005, 12:38 am
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloright, it was in the General Discussion... so I actually need to slap b00stA the evil German! *slaps b00stA*
Yeah, umm.. I just... accidentially deleted it.

Crazy1
March 31, 2005, 2:57 pm
im a long time player of soldat but im fairly new here.

my gamer tag is the same as my username. also, if you see the name Crazy1 on any other forum then its probably me...

Maxx
April 1, 2005, 10:07 pm
Welcome to everyone new here that's posted in this thread so far.

MOFO NOFO
April 16, 2005, 11:50 am
Hi im Mofo Nofo and im new to these forums.

My hobbies include: Spamming the bash pit
eating monkeys
and throwing bachalour parties

'No1 goes here, so ive made myself new :D'

Fulltime-K.
April 25, 2005, 6:51 pm
hello everyone.. im Fulltime-K. and in soldat Fulltimekiller.

I have played soldat long time, but im new to the forums.
glad to be aboard ;)

m00`
April 25, 2005, 11:31 pm
Hello :)

Fulltime-K.
April 25, 2005, 11:43 pm
hello m00` =)

m00`
April 25, 2005, 11:50 pm
hello fulltime-k :)

Melba
April 26, 2005, 4:43 pm
asl?

Fulltime-K.
April 26, 2005, 11:47 pm
15 male Switzerland

Maxx
April 27, 2005, 2:20 am
Highlow.

Shades
May 4, 2005, 2:31 am
Hey, new to the forum. I just started Soldat about a month ago and I'm lovin it. I really hope this isn't one of those forums that flame all the time...

Vijchtidoodah
May 4, 2005, 2:45 am
Lol, shades. Truth be told, we flame quite a bit, but it's usually in a lighthearted manner (unless, of course, you're a real prick).

Welcome to the forums.

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 10:59 am
even if i have low post count.. i have been here for a long time.

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 1:08 pm
as sprocket gimp mysterio if I am correct.. :)

Trooper FIN
May 4, 2005, 4:02 pm
Hi all!
I just registered to the forums.
I just want to say hello...
...And Soldat is the best realistic 2d shooter!

Sorry for my bad english, im from Finland. (:

Maxx
May 9, 2005, 1:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Psychoas sprocket gimp mysterio if I am correct.. :)

HHH is sprocket too?

Trooper FIN, were used to foreignness.
=D

Green Barret
May 9, 2005, 8:36 am
Nope, HHH is MercyM(shh!), a guy whos been around for some time...

mata_bun
May 23, 2005, 3:19 pm
Im mata_bun. Usually on soldat as Crusader. I play soldat alot, am registered, etc etc, but i don't really post much. I just check things out all the time to look for new mods and maps. Yup. Hope to see you all later.