( search forums )
crossbow, KAMIKAZE and antigravity ideas.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 11:50 pm
I did a forum search and typed in crossbow and nothing came up (for me) so i think we should add a crossbow for a primary weapon. it would take 3 or 4 shots, depending on where u hit the person to kill. it would be like 3 clicks to shoot the crossbow, 1 click to pull back the line of the crossbow the 2nd click to load the arrow, the 3rd one to fire it. or maybe u could just put a bow and arrow that doesnt kill in one shot like the rambo bow. you could snipe with it just like the barrett.

my other idea and some other peoples idea is to have like a primary weapon as a bomb which you strap to yourself and bomb the hell outta ppl. it would explode 5 seconds after you activate it and just before u activate it u wuld make that yelling noise that terrorists make just before they die. the only problem is that all the n00bs would be using it all the time..............

i also have a new idea that was probably suggested (i searched nuthin came up) no gravity (flying in space). u would rotate clockwise by pressing the move right button and counter clockwise by pressing move left button. u would move around by pressing activating ur jump jets. this could be like a new game mode. the soldats would be wearing those funny see through glass helmets and would have little backpack thingies. u could have like inf in space and deathmatch too and stuff. maybe in this game mode there could be areas were there would be a little bit of gravity. u could have like asteroids and stuff. actually its jus like the water idea.... but in space 0_0.....

plz put what u think.......

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 12:48 pm
like the idea of a cross bow as long as its a special forces type not a medevil type

ordinary bow, not soldat IMNSHO

as for the bomb that sounds..... KOOL!! KAMAKAZI!!!

heh

SPARTAN_III
March 28, 2005, 12:51 pm
suicides should count against you like in UT2k4. so if you suicide, eventually you would have 0 points

crossbow, interesting. i have never heard of a multi click to shoot weapon before. but dont give it a scope. or we would have half the ppl calling me barretard and the other half call me crossbowtard

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 12:56 pm
hmm, how about making the kamakazi like the one in worms....

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 1:17 pm
It's kamikaze, not kamakazi.

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 1:37 pm
whatever, dont be a spelling nazi

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 1:39 pm
You call me nazi!? *whispering* "could someone ban him?"

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 3:13 pm
Hmm, I can picture it now, thousands of noobs with bombs strapped to theur back trying to jump up and get me on a ledge whilst i pic them off one by one :p

If this idea does go through, if you shoot them they should explode occasionally, not to big though.....heh...exploding people.......*chuckles*

Liber_Lupus
March 28, 2005, 3:27 pm
No.

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 5:12 pm
if your suicidal u would get points for killing the people when you explode so lets say you kill 3 people then you get 2 points cus 1- points cus u commit suicide...... lol i wanna see this so badly.....how could you not like this idea.........

Rhombus
March 28, 2005, 6:19 pm
I dont get it, if its kamikaze instead of kamikazi, wouldnt he be a spelling naze?

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 7:46 pm
^idono^

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 8:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by RhombusI dont get it, if its kamikaze instead of kamikazi, wouldnt he be a spelling naze?

quote:naze

\Naze\, n. [See Ness.] A promotory or headland.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

naze

n : a cape at the southern tip of Norway [syn: Lindesnes, Naze]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

:-/

lastpatriot
March 28, 2005, 8:55 pm
Could you fire with the bomb on your chest? I would love to strap the bomb, fire in the air, and do my 5th taunt: "WHOOBWHOOBWHOOBWHOOBWHOOBWHOOBWHOOBWHOOBWHOOBWHOOBWHOOB!"

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 10:29 pm
no the bomb would be your primary weapon.......but u could have a secondary like a socom..... wut do you peeps think of the antigravity and the crossbow?

lastpatriot
March 28, 2005, 11:03 pm
I like the antigravity, but if your jets run out, would you stop, or fall? Also, you would have to make new animations for flying down. And can you go prone in anti-gravity? Otherwise, great idea.

About the crossbow, it should have similar power to a barret, to compensate for the 3 clicks you have to do just to fire. Maybe have a mid-reload time, because you have to cock the bolt onto the... bolt cocker(I don't know the exact name for it.). Fine, I'll call it a pin. The crossbow would be a true snipers weapon, as I don't see how you could use this effieciently in an assault. You shoot, reload, by the second click, you're dead.

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 2:02 am
I kinda like these ideas, but I might be able to improve on the anti-grav thing a bit.

Instead of using a and d to rotate, using w will just boost you towards your cursor, while a and d will make you strafe.

Vanana
March 29, 2005, 2:41 am
yea, like those "modern crossbow" with a semi-scope
for example:
when u crouch the aim is still tha same, but when u go prone
it reaches as far as a barret when crouching?
a strong weapon like barret...
BUT
the bad new is:
there is no more hotkey to pick more weapons (0-9)

Captain Ben
March 29, 2005, 9:45 am
Iwant to see gravity crush your body...

MercyM
March 29, 2005, 11:22 am
Naze?

SPARTAN_III
March 29, 2005, 12:03 pm
no hotkey? what about - or = or ~

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 9:24 pm
yah what he said^

STOP WITH THE NAZI THINGY!!!!!!!

~a and d would be to rotate
~w would be to move forward on normal jets
~the jump jets button would be to give an extra boost of power
~you can fire a LAW in space but it would push you back just like a minigun would
~guns bullets go faster and bullets not affected by gravity because no gravity in space
~if u throw a knife it will go on until it hits some place where there is gravity or it flies outside the map
~same with m79
~barrett would go even faster(even though it goes fast already)
~ There would be gravity points just like colliders except alot bigger
~thats it pretty much

a person cant fall in space lastpatriot

ok the crossbow would still have the 3 click system but instead of 1 shot kill it would be 2 shot........but isnt that copying the ruger 0_0

lastpatriot
March 29, 2005, 9:36 pm
Maybe, if you drift far enough, you can get sucked into a gravitational field, and burn up in an atmosphere.

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 9:51 pm
lol god idea BLACKHOLES......... SUCK U UP THEN U WOULD END UP ON THE OTHER SIDE DEAD AND RIPPED TO PEICES XD good idea..... what do you guys think now?

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 5:27 pm
I think that sound CRAZY...

crossbow might be kewl. spechially if u could nail someone to a wall with it..

Deleted User
April 2, 2005, 12:48 am
lol good idea but.....

gunny
April 4, 2005, 2:19 am
retarded...
enough said

remember this is SOLDAT, not SIR CRAPPYS KINGDOM
and the crowsbow idea is great, but crowsbows have to be re strung after every shot, and 3-4 shots for kill and 4 in a cardtrige is taken, ruger..

bomb idea is ok

dunno bout gravity

Captain Ben
April 4, 2005, 3:18 am
Kamikaze vest would be awesome! If it every happened, I'd like to see the player explode with lots more gore!
OH NOES!!!!11 I IS GOT FOOT IN MY HEAD!!!!!11!!!1111

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 4:58 am
the Kamikaze as a secondary weapon would be nice ALALALALALALALA

anti grav would be wierd but if it was a pick up it would be fun

crossbow would have to be quite powerful such as the barret and pin people to the walls and they stay there the whole game Grrrr-ate

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 9:15 pm
idon think it should pin a person to the wall and maybe if it did itll kill you.

Zakreon
April 6, 2005, 12:53 pm
i think the crossbow idea is really good and same goes for the
suicide bomb idea, but the antigrav.. would'nt that take lots of
reprogramming? and modders would have to make more pics for the
different gun and gostek files.. woldnt they?

Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 2:01 pm
yah it would, but idont know cus i dont know how to program

Darkspirit
April 8, 2005, 12:46 am
Hey dascoo, this is Soldat, not Fable or anything medieval...

Deleted User
April 8, 2005, 8:52 pm
im not talking about a medieval crossbow im talking about a special forces one like ultramagnus said.