( search forums )
DM Paper V1.1 - my first map. <Updated 29 march.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
STEELIX
March 28, 2005, 1:27 am
Hello.
[IMAGE]
Screenshot1
Screenshot2
Screenshot3

Download (2.8 Mb)
Now, I've worked on this for quite a while, and ...oh, damn, it's 3:20 at night. DAMN YOU SOLDAT AND YOUR ADDICTION FACTORS!!
*cough* Erm... well, er, it's the first map I ever made, and it's supposed to look like some dude's note taking paper. I'm planning on making an entire series about this, but first I'd like some comments on this one. Not all the polybugs have been ironed out yet, so I will be fixing them in later versions..
I added a black large polygon at the left of the map in order to be able to read the chat screen. This because it's almost unreadable on the white background. A version of the map without the ugly thing has been added in the zip file as well.
Due to the map beeing quite full of sceneries, my guess is some older computers will have problems playing this, sorry 'bout that.

Oh, I used a Texture made by Skoskav, but I'm sure he won't mind me using it, since it's about the definition of empty.

Have fun with it! =D

Heh, oh, and it might be slightly pro-spas. Surely my personal weapon preference hasn't influenced my designing?

Made with Mapmaker Plus, by Mark.jp
Polybugs fixed with Elephanthunter's openmapper.

EDIT: Version 1.1 out, in which I fixed all the poly bugs I could find, (Apart from that nade through the bottom in the down left, which I couldn't fix without making it look ugly) and in which I added (very very very)basic waypointing.

.alex.oner.
March 28, 2005, 1:33 am
looks intresting, ive downloaded it, but yet to play.. im sure this could work out well.. original idea..

Vijchtidoodah
March 28, 2005, 2:13 am
Sorry Steelx, great idea, not so good execution.

Norse
March 28, 2005, 4:37 am
I actually like it. Whats with the math though? It needs liber_lupus's animal-figures prancing around on it!

N1nj@
March 28, 2005, 5:25 am
lol, nice and original. Good job!

vash763
March 28, 2005, 5:42 am
how original

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 8:42 am
hmm..yea good idea...i download

Aquarius
March 28, 2005, 9:12 am
Personally I hate huge scenery maps, but the idea is nice.

Felix
March 28, 2005, 10:34 am
original,but its not my favourit^^

STEELIX
March 28, 2005, 10:51 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahSorry Steelx, great idea, not so good execution.

Yeah, I know. Mapmaker seems to add a shade to every scenery I put in, making it quite ugly...
Or is it something else? Please tell me what's on your mind ;D

The maths? A random string I took from my math notebook. It's probably wrong though, I suck at maths :D

Alamo
March 28, 2005, 11:09 am
I love big scenery maps, so I really appreciate this map. It's original and looks very good :) Great job.

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 12:37 pm
HOLY [IMAGE], at first glance i thought some n00b had posted a sketch of a map on the forum....

thats actually a map... KOOL!!

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 1:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by AquariusPersonally I hate huge scenery maps, but the idea is nice.
The huge scenery maps don't even work on my computer.

Boxo
March 28, 2005, 1:08 pm
GOddamnit, I was JUST thinking of making a map like this! Now i can't be original ;_;

GJ Anyway

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 3:44 pm
haha oh my, very interesting

Soap
March 28, 2005, 9:47 pm
Haha this is a silly map.

STEELIX
March 28, 2005, 9:52 pm
Is that good or bad? :(

Maxx
March 28, 2005, 10:11 pm
Really cool concept, but the layout is pretty crap.

Get to work on that "series" of yours, in which I hope there will be much better layouts.

A++ for awesomelookingnesss.
=D

Cookie`
March 29, 2005, 2:17 am
thats really cool :D
im gunna call mike btw :D

zambo_the_clown
March 29, 2005, 2:31 am
this is the most original map i would have to say probably ever created. awesome map graphics for paper and lots of emotion and anger, lol

STEELIX
March 29, 2005, 2:03 pm
You can't even begin to imagine the frustration I went through during the creation of this map. :)

Maxx: I really liked the layout, myself... :( but then, I only tried it with spasand m79.

By the way, I just finished a version with no more jumpy polygons with openmapper, and I will release it here when I finished the waypoints too :P

MercyM
March 29, 2005, 6:28 pm
I could add this into my server...?

STEELIX
March 29, 2005, 6:40 pm
You have my blessing, but unfortunately all of my attempts of playing it online so far have failed....

__
Check out the main post, I updated da [IMAGE]zor!

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 1:51 am
wow.....just...wow!...

I love it....one of the more original maps....it seems so missplaced when you see it...but as you play it, it really is a good layout...looks like one of my papers! XD

Cant wait to see more maps that have great concepts like this

Norse
April 1, 2005, 1:55 am
Make a steel one next...XD

STEELIX
April 1, 2005, 9:08 pm
poopee, steel just aint very, doesn't add much variety, ya know. Silver, grey, and shiney.
Another idea I had however, make a photo of something lookin' like a level, and making that into one. Not sure how that'd work though.

Darkspirit
April 3, 2005, 9:51 pm
WOW, great idea!!!!!

Respect, dude ;)