( search forums )
When is someone lamer or noob ?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
dumah
March 28, 2005, 6:46 pm
Hi! As u can see im new on this 4um but i play this game more than 1 year and i know the rules well. How long - i dont really remember. But now im bored of auto weapons and use barret and camp - just so for fun. Im sure u heard about a guy called "Headless". Thats me xD. I dont care about score and pls dont think its just coz i dont have chance or something. What i do mostly is sittin' in a bush and camp. When i kill someone a few times in a row he calls me lamer or noob and insults me. And with what fervour he does it! I could bet that most pple dont really know what these words mean. I tell 'em to keep their mouth shut but they insult me more and "with more power". I could think they burn of hatred. When i dont say anything they just vote and isult me. I would like to know whats your opinnion about it. Tell me what do u think "noob" and "lamer" means and when should someone be called so. Imho it isnt a good reason to call someone so just coz u cant kill him. And btw the "shooting through wall" bug known also as polybug should be fixed xD. Its very hard NOT to use it when u learn how to :-)

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 6:49 pm
Someone is a lamer or noob, when they camp or use Barret... :P
Welcome to the Forums!

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 6:57 pm
Yeah. Pretty much there is no cure for using the barret and not getting called names, atleast on unrealistic servers. On Realistic servers, very few people will call people lamers or campers because they camp with barret. However, if you run up and shoot someone at point blank with it, you will still be called a barretard.

My suggestion? Snipe with it and change location every 2 kills. :D

DeMonIc
March 28, 2005, 7:09 pm
A noob is a newbie, who thinks he owns the game.
Lamers are people who use a very lame tactic, like abusing bugs or acting in a lame manner. Camping is considered lame, because it takes absolutely no effort. I mean, a 4 year-old kid could kill via camping with the barrett.

Liber_Lupus
March 28, 2005, 7:13 pm
There have been topics liek these before. Im sure you can find these by using search. You got a very original name btw..

b00stA
March 28, 2005, 7:17 pm
(moved from Gen. Disc. to Bash Pit) ..because that's where it's most likely going to end up anyway.

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 7:17 pm
Ehe.

zambo_the_clown
March 28, 2005, 7:35 pm
theres a point for the barret and its called a sniper rifle for a reason. just cuz someones tactic works better than others makes them get pissed off. camping at spawn points it different. i think soldat is bringing in the biggest damn whiners i have ever seen in any online game i swear to god. i think the definition of a camper is someone who camps right at a spawn point and thats the only unfair thing in soldat.

Jaz
March 28, 2005, 7:35 pm
Ok you said you were gonna make a topic about "me." Where the hell is my name you damn nooblet. I called you lame cos you shot me through walls and spawn killed me from the little space at red spawn on laos...its like beside the pillar. He proned there and spawn killed blues. What a retard !

dumah
March 28, 2005, 7:39 pm
Demonic: ur wrong. Noob is a newbie - thats apsolutely right, but a newbie is one who didnt play the game and doesnt know the rules. Lamer is one who thinks that he owns the game. Its someone who tells everyone that he know better then they do but he doesnt. And most of such pple do it with much fervour. Someone using barret, abusing bugs isnt a noob and neither a lamer, as long he doesnt tell that he owns everyone and is the boss. If someone cant handle a barretard and he calls him a lamer or noob then he is a lamer. My question in such case is: "Why dont u just show me whos the boss ?". In most cases they loose, vote and do they insutlin. I dont play on reallistic and thats probably why u dont know me.

Jaz: do u really think i care about such whiners as u ? Told ya i do it just for fun and if u cant handle me and call me a nooblet then u can be classified bu me as a 100% lamer.

Sneaky Bstard
March 29, 2005, 7:30 am
Jaz got owned

m00`
March 29, 2005, 7:35 am
quote:Originally posted by dumahDemonic: ur wrong. Noob is a newbie - thats apsolutely right, but a newbie is one who didnt play the game and doesnt know the rules. Lamer is one who thinks that he owns the game. Its someone who tells everyone that he know better then they do but he doesnt. And most of such pple do it with much fervour. Someone using barret, abusing bugs isnt a noob and neither a lamer, as long he doesnt tell that he owns everyone and is the boss. If someone cant handle a barretard and he calls him a lamer or noob then he is a lamer. My question in such case is: "Why dont u just show me whos the boss ?". In most cases they loose, vote and do they insutlin. I dont play on reallistic and thats probably why u dont know me.

Jaz: do u really think i care about such whiners as u ? Told ya i do it just for fun and if u cant handle me and call me a nooblet then u can be classified bu me as a 100% lamer.

whyd u make this topic if u know wat a lamer and a noob is :o

that fuking sniper
March 29, 2005, 7:42 am
Bah, hes a "lamer" or a "n00b" when you decide he is. This is all about disputable, personal points of view - Shut the [IMAGE] up, breathe a bit of air, see the big picture, and stop arguing irrelevant points.

dumah
March 29, 2005, 7:47 am
1st: i made it coz i wanna know what pple know and what they think about it.
2nd: i made it coz i promissed Jaz that i write about him on the forum. I just did :) He thinks that he is the masta of the blasta. When he cant beat someone, he is angry and whines. His signature tells everything about him.

DeMonIc
March 29, 2005, 12:36 pm
Well if you think abusing wall bugs isn't lame, I rest my case. I don't need to bring up points anymore. Goodnight.

Jaz
March 29, 2005, 1:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sneaky BstardJaz got owned

no, my name was Jaz got sprayed.

The Geologist
March 29, 2005, 4:18 pm
I think he meant in the topic...

Melba
March 29, 2005, 8:04 pm
I think Jaz thought of a clever come back..

Jaz
March 29, 2005, 8:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by MelbaI think Jaz thought of a clever come back..

Winnah

dumah
March 31, 2005, 6:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperBah, hes a "lamer" or a "n00b" when you decide he is. This is all about disputable, personal points of view - Shut the [IMAGE] up, breathe a bit of air, see the big picture, and stop arguing irrelevant points.

U cannot decide when someone is noob or lamer just because u dont like him or not. I call Jaz a lamer not cause he called me nooblet, insulted me and i dont like him but because he used words that he didnt understand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamer <--- chceck this out

"In the subculture of the home computer era of Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST and the like in the 1980s, lamer was the standard name for anyone who had a larger mouth than skills."

Hes mouth is definitely bigger than his skills and knowledge. Why should he call me lamer and noob if i only kill him with barret ? Just cause he cant kill me ? Insulting pple is only decieving ur own person because u dont change anything and the person u insult has only more fun. Steelix had the same problem and solved it with his own mouse and keyboard. Hip-hip-stee-lix :)

UltraMagnus
March 31, 2005, 8:36 pm
a lamer or noob is somone that calls somone else a lamer or a noob......

dumah
March 31, 2005, 9:04 pm
Unfortunately in most cases but not in all. Should someone call me lamer if i call him lamer because he is ? I wouldnt do so. And btw a little correction: Steelix didnt have any problems with me :D

Maxx
March 31, 2005, 9:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by UltraMagnusa lamer or noob is somone that calls somone else a lamer or a noob......

Thank you.

Jaz
March 31, 2005, 9:43 pm
Ok, obviously you dont know like the fifth meaning of "Lamer."

This one is commonly used when someone uses "lame" tactics in order to give themselves a better chance of winning. However in your case it wasn't to win. It was to wind up other players. You spawn camped blues from about 4 screens away, then when anyone got close you shot them through walls which is a bug, and should not be used. So tbh, your worse than a lamer, your an absolute twat, and not worthy of playing games.

I will now take the time to write OWNED. In really big bold letters.

OWNED

Maxx
March 31, 2005, 9:51 pm
I hate people that do that.
A lot.

dumah
April 1, 2005, 12:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by JazOk, obviously you dont know like the fifth meaning of "Lamer."

This one is commonly used when someone uses "lame" tactics in order to give themselves a better chance of winning. However in your case it wasn't to win. It was to wind up other players. You spawn camped blues from about 4 screens away, then when anyone got close you shot them through walls which is a bug, and should not be used. So tbh, your worse than a lamer, your an absolute twat, and not worthy of playing games.

OWNED

Ok then u little tiny arrogant KID. Let us bring a new word in the game dictionary - "lame". Most pple say that someone is lame when he is doin stupid things like those that i do. Right ? Its not the same as being lamer or noob and u should know that. Lamer <> lame. U can call me lame but not lamer or noob. Yes - i am lame.
Dont be so vain JUNIORcause your CHILDISH mouth will someday deceive u. Your still a lamer for me and that will remain for long time. Look in the mirror and see yourself. Told ya that ur signature tells everything about u. Im not the only one that has the same meaning about u. I wont tell who else has.
I am almost sure that in the new version of this game the problem of polybug will be solved (just like on ctf_death - btw not 100% efficint but almost xD ). The voting has been solved too and on most servers u can see who starts the vote. If u wanna know who did random votes, it was me. Yes - pple r annoyed by me and i find it funny. If u dont like me u have always 4 options:
1) u can leave
2) u can try to vote me out
3) u can insult me and do what u did once (exactly same as nothing)
4) u can try to solve the problem in a more efficient way.
Its up to u which way u chose. I am as i am and its my problem. What u do against me shows ur true character. U can think about yourself as a cool guy but in fact u r less then nothing.
I wont stop til' it'll be boring for me. Amen.

Jaz
April 1, 2005, 5:26 pm
Ill give you a response if someone can translate your gibberish.

dumah
April 1, 2005, 6:29 pm
http://www.wordreference.com/definition/childish

How i found it ? Here's a lil' tip: www.google.com. If u still dont know how to search ask me, but dont make a new topic. A noob would do so. U dont wanna be a noob, right ?
I wonder why u dont know that word. R u so retarded ? Its definitely english... Shame...

Jaz
April 1, 2005, 6:41 pm
What was that? Sorry I don't understand a word of that, none of it makes sense.

Can we have a translator in here please?

b00stA
April 1, 2005, 6:41 pm
dumah, do u kno how 2 make a homepage appear like something else?? i have this link but i want it 2 appear as something else..
like;: htpp://google.com but u only c "search"??
thnx!!

Jaz
April 1, 2005, 6:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stAdumah, do u kno how 2 make a homepage appear like something else?? i have this link but i want it 2 appear as something else..
like;: htpp://google.com but u only c "search"??
thnx!!

I wid all5o liek to kno..

Kazuki
April 1, 2005, 8:02 pm
Oh, joy. Another childish brawl. We can't go 2 days without hostility in these forums.

Edit: Dumah, if you claim that you know english so well, why don't you prove it and stop typing like you don't know how to. "i r pwnsr n u r idiot kthx" ;D

dumah
April 1, 2005, 8:38 pm
boosta: i dont know what u mean :) Its a link like all others...

jaz: kazuki knew the word "childish"... I still wonder why u didnt ?

kazuki: do u mean the "r", "u" ? Its normal thought, standard irc and forum style.
Im not very good in english but i can understand well. I use a dictionary so dont wonder if a word isnt "normal" :). And btw i didnt start the brawl... I only started the topic.

Jaz
April 1, 2005, 10:25 pm
Go away [IMAGE] cock fahper.

(Repeat)

quote:Originally posted by Jaz

OWNED

Melba
April 1, 2005, 11:01 pm
Dumah.

NOBODY THE [IMAGE] MENTIONED OR ASKED ABOUT THE WORD 'CHILDISH'.

that fuking sniper
April 2, 2005, 12:28 am
quote:Originally posted by dumahquote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperBah, hes a "lamer" or a "n00b" when you decide he is. This is all about disputable, personal points of view - Shut the [IMAGE] up, breathe a bit of air, see the big picture, and stop arguing irrelevant points.

U cannot decide when someone is noob or lamer just because u dont like him or not. I call Jaz a lamer not cause he called me nooblet, insulted me and i dont like him but because he used words that he didnt understand.

"In the subculture of the home computer era of Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST and the like in the 1980s, lamer was the standard name for anyone who had a larger mouth than skills."

Hes mouth is definitely bigger than his skills and knowledge. Why should he call me lamer and noob if i only kill him with barret ? Just cause he cant kill me ? Insulting pple is only decieving ur own person because u dont change anything and the person u insult has only more fun. Steelix had the same problem and solved it with his own mouse and keyboard. Hip-hip-stee-lix :)

On the contrary, the only time you call someone anything is when *you* think they are whatever you called them. Your opinion could be affected by internal or external factors, but it stands that whatever *your* opinion of a person and its correspondence with *your* definition of a trait or characteristic which will ultimately decide what you label someone else. You called Jaz a nooblet? Okay, then you viewed "nooblet" as an insult and Jaz simply happened to be someone that you wanted to insult. You just proved my point. This is relative.

Maxx
April 2, 2005, 1:44 am
Smart.

Deleted User
April 2, 2005, 3:47 am
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperquote:Originally posted by dumahquote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperBah, hes a "lamer" or a "n00b" when you decide he is. This is all about disputable, personal points of view - Shut the [IMAGE] up, breathe a bit of air, see the big picture, and stop arguing irrelevant points.

On the contrary, the only time you call someone anything is when *you* think they are whatever you called them. Your opinion could be affected by internal or external factors, but it stands that whatever *your* opinion of a person and its correspondence with *your* definition of a trait or characteristic which will ultimately decide what you label someone else. You called Jaz a nooblet? Okay, then you viewed "nooblet" as an insult and Jaz simply happened to be someone that you wanted to insult. You just proved my point. This is relative.

look at meh Im coolah the 1337z0r fUncpad mx518 optical m0uz0r YEAH

btw I hate u Jaz

dumah
April 2, 2005, 8:23 am
the [IMAGE]ing sniper: I didnt call Jaz anything. He called me nooblet and started insulting me. I didnt start anything. He self wanted that his name would be mentioned here (or asked why it isnt here), right ? If he wouldnt "demand" that, i wouldn call him anything.
How would u call someone that insulted u, but didnt know what these insluts mean ? How would u call jaz in my position ?

melba: if its not about "childish" then i dont know what he meant with this:
quote:Originally posted by JazIll give you a response if someone can translate your gibberish.

I hope u all undersand my reply well.

jaz: u dont have anything better to say ? Imho u just gave up.

Melba
April 2, 2005, 3:28 pm
I STILLL DON'T SEE HOW THE WORD CHILDISH WAS MEANTIONED IN JAZ' POST.

I suggest you find someone who can tell you waht gibberish means, and i do NOT se how (the word) gibberish = childish in this context.

Maxx
April 2, 2005, 3:36 pm
I'm gettin' confused, what exactly is this about?

Whatever it is, it's funny.

dumah
April 2, 2005, 3:58 pm
Well it was the "-rish" that would make me think that gibberish = childish. Now i know that "gibber" is a word. My mistake. Anyway i think my post was clear. Was it ?

Melba
April 2, 2005, 4:10 pm
No gibberish is a word that most likely wont be in the dictionary.

Gibberish is similar to the word 'nonsense'

EDIT:

quote:Anyway i think my post was clear. Was it ?

It most certainly was not.

The noun 'lamer' comes from the verb 'to lame'.

Like a 'loser' comes from the verb 'to lose'
or
A 'winner' comes from the verb 'to win'
or
A 'shooter' comes from the verb 'to shoot'
or
A 'beginner' comes from the verb 'to begin'
or
A 'singer' comes from the verb 'to sing'
or
A 'finger' comes from the verb 'to fing'

..Ok the last one was just gibberish.
Do you see what I'm trying to say here Dumah?

dumah
April 2, 2005, 5:42 pm
Perhaps "lamer" came from "to lame". Ok, ur right. And lamer is still one who has a larger mouth than skills, right ?
But most pple call me "lame" because i annoy them. Imho "lamer" isnt same as "lame" these days.
And one thing: that what i wrote about "lame" was a nonsense, i admit. But the rest was clear ?
Heres someghing for u :)
http://www.koreus.com/files/200408/dschinghiskhan-moskau.html
Have fun xD

SuperKill
April 2, 2005, 7:20 pm
i can be the definetion of a lamer or a noob if you want, i'll still own you all :O

Melba
April 3, 2005, 12:16 am
quote:Heres someghing for u :)
http://www.koreus.com/files/200408/dschinghiskhan-moskau.html
Have fun xD

Haha you're right, that did cheer me up ^^
Been a while since i saw that

dumah
April 4, 2005, 4:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiOh, joy. Another childish brawl. We can't go 2 days without hostility in these forums.

Edit: Dumah, if you claim that you know english so well, why don't you prove it and stop typing like you don't know how to. "i r pwnsr n u r idiot kthx" ;D

Haha Kazuki now i know what u mean with "i r pwnsr n u r idiot kthx" xD
I saw these movies: http://otcs.bigpushproductions.com/videos.php
Real fun :)

UltraMagnus
April 4, 2005, 9:01 pm
http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/stfunoob.html

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lamer&r=f