( search forums )
Server Error
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Elephant_Hunter
March 29, 2005, 2:49 am
[IMAGE]

Server Log: Txt
Error Log: Txt

Comments: I've experianced this problem multiple times. It might be associated with servers hosting custom maps, but I don't know.

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 2:56 am
This is a sharing violation. Another application is already using the map your
server is attempting to open. Close any other applications which may be
using the same file.

Elephant_Hunter
March 29, 2005, 3:02 am
Do you think an antivirus could cause this problem? I have AVG running..

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 3:32 am
Most likely yes, try running the server without AVG realtime file scanning enabled (or just disable AVG completely) and see if it happens.

Elephant_Hunter
March 29, 2005, 5:13 am
Nope, wasn't AVG. I don't see any other processes that could be accessing the file...

Could it be that the Soldat server was trying to access it twice?

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 5:27 am
Im pretty sure the server opens it and stores the file in its memory buffer and shares it to the other clients that want to download it from there, check the file permissions on the map(s) or somthing

Elephant_Hunter
March 29, 2005, 5:35 am
Permissions.... this is a windows server. I'm logged in as an admin if that's what you mean.
I'm confused =/

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 5:44 am
Read only etc etc, probably not the problem really... Ive told you all I know, ctrl+alt+del and close every single damn thing running :P

Elephant_Hunter
March 29, 2005, 10:34 pm
I'm very curious if anybody with custom maps and Allow_Download=1 has had a stable Windows server. Anybody?

As I said, this isn't the first time I've encountered the problem. It didn't seem to work on either of my Windows computers =/