( search forums )
New Game Type: "OmniMode"
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
March 29, 2005, 5:45 am
What is OmniMode? Basically, I want to see a mode in which map changes can go from CTF to Inf. to normal & back :) When you vote for a plain, standard map, another box pops up that also says to change to which mode, so the voting system for OmniMode would also be minorly changed. So instead of sticking to Pointmatch, Infiltration, or CTF all the time, you can easily change the mode by simply selecting a map (and, if it's a plain map, choose the mode). For unwanted modes, like Rambomatch, the server should be able to easily unallow it to be chosen.
What do you think?

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 6:09 pm
that's not really a game type... but I kind of like this idea of being able to change gametypes on the fly. :)

The Geologist
March 29, 2005, 7:54 pm
I don't want to take your idea that far off course, but what about an Omniserver? Instead of making it a gamemode, perhaps it would be possible for the server to initiate certain game modes when certain maps are selected? That way you could join such a server and do exactly the same thing in terms of selecting a mode of play. Perhaps the host could set certain maps as CTF or INF or Rambo, or a lack there of for the Rambo if you'd like it, and use that just like a lineup of maps.

Cowzilla
March 29, 2005, 8:37 pm
Both are good ideas, and I would like to see either implemented, even though CTF would prolly reign supreme.

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 9:27 pm
yah the omniserver idea is good.....

Keron Cyst
March 31, 2005, 4:05 am
Okay, then never mind about that; I myself prefer the Omniserver idea. It could appear in whatever the current game mode is instead of a whole new, space-wasting game type :)

vash763
March 31, 2005, 4:33 am
i like the Omniserver idea

UltraMagnus
March 31, 2005, 7:35 pm
me too, being able to vary the game mode by selecting maps before hoasting would be cool

Rhombus
April 1, 2005, 6:26 am
I think this should be implemented to soldat itself. that way, you can set your filter to "omnimode" instead of just teammatch, capture the flag, etc.

Captain Ben
April 1, 2005, 7:42 am
It could be abused a fair bit...

The Geologist
April 1, 2005, 2:32 pm
How? At least elaborate...don't just make assumptions.

UltraMagnus
April 1, 2005, 2:52 pm
i think ben could be talking about how it could confuse newbies alot