( search forums )
Mecha Soldat Mod v2.3 for Soldat 1.3.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your totally 1337 mods!
Ivan_the_Psycho
March 29, 2005, 2:24 pm
[IMAGE]

last update- 12 January 2006

Download here:

Mirror 1:
[URL]

or from Soldatmods.tk:
[URL]

file size- 21 mb

Mod is compatible with Soldat 1.3.1 and 100% playable online.

This mod is a total conversion of Soldat. It changes Graphics and sounds converting the game from "soldier shooter" to Battlemech shooter. Imagine that everything in the game is 10 times bigger (and heavier) and youre in;]. It consists of all i love about mechs from games(Cyberstorm, Earthsiege, Shattered Steel, Shogo, Heavy Gear, Mechwarrior/Mechcommander Series) and anime mech-orientated series like Gundam. Details of the conversion are:

-Modified graphics of soldiers,weapons, bullets, powerups (including Rambo mode)
-Modified most of in-game sounds
-More than 30 Bots, fitting in the atmosphere of mod
-Selectable modified Standard Interfaces
-Multiple sets of weapons and application to easy swich between them
-Several "gostek" graphics, to fix mecha look from 2 parts(17 lower and 25 upper parts) + changable head graphics
-Custom interface, customisable (via same app.) with health status on selected mech picture (close to one from mechwarrior/heavy gear etc..)
-2 new dm/tm/rm/pm maps (MS_Asteroids, MS_Invaded)

I'll be gratefull for any comments.
Further update is planned, so please tell me what i could do to make the mod better.

Have Fun:)

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Weapons:
[IMAGE]

standard interfaces:
[IMAGE]

Good hunting!

With Regards - [AoV] Ivan

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 2:30 pm
This pretty damn great for a soldat mod. The managing program you made for it is cool too. Some guns need a bit more shading though.

Liber_Lupus
March 29, 2005, 2:54 pm
The manager for the mod is cool. Guns need more shading.

MercyM
March 29, 2005, 2:54 pm
Looks so crapping cool. Sure, I'll download it!

F@NTOM
March 29, 2005, 2:59 pm
Wow, you've realy put an effort in making this mod.
respect!! :)

Rhombus
March 29, 2005, 3:22 pm
when I read the title, I thought: buah, again some robot freak, but this looks pretty damn cool! Guns need a little work tho.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
March 29, 2005, 3:29 pm
This mod looks absolutely amazing. Not to mention that those first three maps are awesome too. Did you make them? The manager thing is pretty awesome too. 9/10

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 3:42 pm
9/10...great job mate...really good.

Bah cmon guys...guns need more shading...crap on dis, the rest is super^^

greetz

MercyM
March 29, 2005, 3:44 pm
They have enough shading, don't ye see?

Liber_Lupus
March 29, 2005, 3:51 pm
They need a bit more shading MercyM. The manager for the mod is just awesome and i love the interfaces.

MercyM
March 29, 2005, 3:53 pm
But look at the weapons in the Manager! They really got good shading! ;]

mmeaney
March 29, 2005, 4:00 pm
Probably the most complete Soldat Mod I have ever seen. Just great.

MercyM
March 29, 2005, 4:04 pm
Bwahaha

Aquarius
March 29, 2005, 4:39 pm
Perfect.

Liber_Lupus
March 29, 2005, 5:23 pm
Some sounds hurt your ears or are annoying.

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 5:37 pm
everything is pwnage...but some sounds yeah...oh my god^^ u'll get a psycho if u play that mod a long time...^^ but it still pwnz

Felix
March 29, 2005, 6:11 pm
don't like the gosteks :/

but i like the DE bullets :)

Vangelis
March 29, 2005, 6:18 pm
Very $w337 mod man! Will it work online,though?

Ivan_the_Psycho
March 29, 2005, 6:28 pm
mod is 100% playable online, i play with it myself. Thx all for your opinions, all suggestions are appretiated. Which sound exacly are annoing?, tell me pls, so i may do something about that ;p

Liber_Lupus
March 29, 2005, 6:37 pm
There were loads of sounds, but im too lazy to name them all. One for example was Volt Rifle. It made my ears hurt.

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 6:42 pm
nono all rifles are ok...but the sound when ur soldier hits the ground is annoying me^^

Deleted User
March 29, 2005, 9:01 pm
i dont need to download this to realize that you put some major work into this thing, i just keep seeing more and more amazing works popping up

Teh Panda
March 29, 2005, 9:20 pm
HOLY CRAP! Thats huge mod!

N1nj@
March 29, 2005, 10:06 pm
wow, this is crazy

N1nj@
March 29, 2005, 10:09 pm
omg, what if I want to uninstall it...will i get the original ?

Narzul
March 29, 2005, 11:08 pm
This mod is the best i saw oO||| Great job man, you own!

Vangelis
March 29, 2005, 11:20 pm
I like the way you used Mechwarrior3's autocannon sound for the ruger. Sounds absoloutely great.

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 12:02 am
Congratulations. This is the first Soldat Mod ever to get my seal of SUPER-FANTASTICAL-NESS.

I really like the Zaku bot, btw. zakuzaku.

reckon
March 30, 2005, 1:49 am
I agree and say this is quite a mod.

MOFO NOFO
March 30, 2005, 4:15 am
this mod..... screw the tribes 2 mod... ILL GET THIS WHEN I GET HOME WEWT...

better idea.. ill get both :D:D:D

Zero72
March 30, 2005, 4:42 am
That looks intensely cool. Must get.

Edit: I retract the above statement.

You are a f***ing demigod.

Edit: Wait... I'm not about to install a mod that can't be uninstalled. Is there a way to do that with your program, or...?

Liquid Metal
March 30, 2005, 5:43 am
Holy frack that looks cool! But it better not have sounds like Nuzz's cyborg mod. Like awesome mod but sounds are bloody annoying.

Ivan_the_Psycho
March 30, 2005, 7:41 am
No uninstall is available...yet;p Best way (way i test other mods) is to simply copy your current soldat directory. If you wont like the mod you can always delete dir where you installed it and rename the copy back to original name. Sine some people asked about uninstall i'll sure make an uninstall program in upcoming version. Again thx for all replies, i didnt expect so much attention;]

JiggaBlue
March 30, 2005, 8:02 am
I want you so bad, please make an uninstall tho.

SPARTAN_III
March 30, 2005, 8:08 am
this mod is truly worthy of the title 1337.

the name celsior AS-10 and its interface gfx look familiar from somewhere. i dont know where. did u make the name up or get it from somewhere?

a manager is a nice idea too. great mod! now i have to choose between this and the tribes mod

Ivan_the_Psycho
March 30, 2005, 8:16 am
I'll try to compile a uninstall prog. Today, maybe tomorrow it should b finished.

Someone asked bout maps.. they are all made by me ( well except the jupiter picture of jupiter, i got it from net;p)

And as for the celsior - its from Shogo:M.A.D., if you played the game, you'd probably recognize it by the sound;).

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 12:09 pm
Cool man ! Make an uninstal and I will d\l it at 100% ...I already have one older version ...
...only one word : "GREAT"

SPARTAN_III
March 30, 2005, 2:49 pm
so thats where it came from. i should know. i have the demo. but it always calls it a pulse rifle

btw, its the wrong image for the celsior. thats actually the lasercannon in shogo. damn i used to have the full game and it pwned. damn i lost the cd. u got the install.exe anywhere?

btw. pls do an unreg interface. it could be hard to make it as good as the reged one

Ripper.
March 30, 2005, 4:42 pm
this mod is really cool excelpt interface :/

Snake12
March 30, 2005, 7:33 pm
The manager Work...But it's Without Pics :p

What's The problem?

Ivan_the_Psycho
March 30, 2005, 8:00 pm
The manager was made in Delphi 7 Enterprise, Works fine in windows XP, maybe you have other OS?.. The problem seems to be that the app cannot show you the pics, if it could not fint the bitmaps on disk it would show you the error message.

Alamo
March 30, 2005, 8:38 pm
That's an awesome mod... I just can't stop looking at it. I will try it as soon as I find some time.

Zero72
March 30, 2005, 9:04 pm
Alright, I'll wait for the uninstall to be complete before I install it.

N1nj@
March 30, 2005, 9:31 pm
damn man, the uninstall came too late. Now all the stuff I set up before is wiped out =(

ddr_ranger
March 30, 2005, 9:48 pm
Why does everyone freak out about it overwriting all their files? Just copy the original Soldat folder and paste. Put your mod in that new folder and you're set. Its like you can't have more than one mod.

Vangelis
March 30, 2005, 10:01 pm
Indeed, I guess people are just lazy ranger. =/

N1nj@
March 30, 2005, 10:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by ddr_rangerWhy does everyone freak out about it overwriting all their files? Just copy the original Soldat folder and paste. Put your mod in that new folder and you're set. Its like you can't have more than one mod.
Dude, I am not stupid. I know I can get back the original Soldat files. It's just that I had modified the weapons and etc. already, but now I didn't know mecha mod would replace it right off when you install, I lost all my modified stuff

Ivan_the_Psycho
March 30, 2005, 10:43 pm
Sorry about that...:/ The file Mecha Soldat 1.8.exe is not exacly the setup file, actually its just a self extracting archive as most peple probably noticed, which does not have ability to make backup files. I already added previous versions of mod few months ago on two polish forums, noone had such problems out there... However uninstall application is partially done, ill finish it tomorrow as i promissed. Its hard piece of work (approx. 600 letters of scripting-copy/move for each file:/-since i dont know any other method to do sumthin' uninstall-like in my DELPHI).
Signing off till tomorrow --

N1nj@
March 30, 2005, 11:08 pm
Well, I didn't notice that it would replace all my existing files in my soldat folder, there wasn't even a pop-up window asking me "Do you want to overwrite the files?"...none of that =(

Norse
March 31, 2005, 12:10 am
Lovely. An excellent mod! Do the interfaces work with un-reg'd version though? Jw...noice join again!

N1nj@
March 31, 2005, 12:14 am
no, none of the interface are made for un-registered, sucks to be you :P

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 1:44 am
It does come with unregistered versions though, and they are very nice themselves.

This mod has brought my interest back into Soldat. I sat down to try it out and I haven't been able to stop. The maps are nice, especially MS_Invaded, I would love to see some Realistic on that.

Hell, this mod brings me back to my Heavy Gear 2 days. Turn on Realistic mode, and its just like HG2, only in 2D.

Good God man, you've brought me back to Heaven.

Your Score:

[IMAGE]/10

Ivan_the_Psycho
March 31, 2005, 10:03 pm
Here it is, Mecha mod 1.8 with uninstall capability.
Mecha%20Soldat%201.8b.exe (download latest version at 1st page)
This will prevent losing previous files in soldat dir due to the install of my mod (like ninj@'s loss of his modified stuf -again sorry). Few words about the packgage-
-The mod is still exacly the same as 1.8 which i added last time, only the setup is modified, and new file "mecha soldat uninstall.exe" has been added.
-Please note that the custom interface- mecha, maps and the map's scenery have to be removed manually if you want to get rid of them- since they are "additional items" they should not collide with original, or any other modification.
-The install/uninstall works like it works because i'm actually a beginner in using delphi for creation of exe files, but i checked it, and it works for sure, theres no worry about losing old files.
Have fun, and tell me what you think.

Zero72
April 1, 2005, 1:15 am
This is hands-down, easily, the most amazing mod ever. I'm floored.

By the way, could you maybe post a brief description of how to customize your mech properly...? It may seem like a dumb question, but what do all the helmets and chains and hairstyles and such translate into in the mod?

Edit: And... How is it playable online if you've modified animations?

Edit:

1. I seem to lack the texture for the meteor map.
2. I think you should mod the ear-ringing sound effect (the one that deafens you after you're too close to an explosion) into static.

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 3:02 am
This is the standard by which I shall judge all other mods.

IF IT DOESN'T MAKE ME CREAM MY PANTS YOU GET -240942/10 because I say so.

Shivorken
April 1, 2005, 10:22 am
are thoughs maps included?

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 10:28 am
Yes they sure are, big boy.

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 6:52 pm
Very much like the MS_asteroids level. You should make more maps to fit in with this mod. :) like some CTF and INF maps...

Maxx
April 1, 2005, 10:20 pm
Yeah, I would really like to see more city-like and/or techish-like maps to go with this mod.

Then it would be COMPLETE.

Ivan_the_Psycho
April 1, 2005, 11:13 pm
Well, as for me, this mod will never be complete...;p Is just tat as long ill be playing soldat, il be also working on my mod;]. Till now there was 9 releases (from 1.0 to 1.8) and they'll be more, witm more maps weapons , interfaces and the mod manager will surely evolve..

Here are some shots of infiltration map i'm workin on currently:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

If you have any suggestions about the map i'd love to hear them, since i'm still a beginner in making maps (only done those two for the mod so far).

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 11:18 pm
Well those two were pretty cool for your first! Add some more shading to the poly's and maybe some more scenery like rocks for a marsish feel

Deleted User
April 2, 2005, 12:53 am
That long tunnel could use a bit more variation, maybe some extra caves or whatnot.

I used to play Heavy Gear 2 back in my day, I was a pro at that game. I would love to help design some maps for your mod, I have a great deal of ideas and I can even re-install Heavy Gear 2 to get some sounds/textures/or other whatnot if you like.

It's a great game.. too bad so few people played it. =\

Shivorken
April 2, 2005, 6:38 am
This is such a freakin excellent mod!!! GJ DUDE!!!

In the next version, can you try to make your interface transparent? Its sorta annoying rite now.

Liquid Metal
April 2, 2005, 6:41 am
Y the hell did the oringal soldat bots get replaced?!?! Couldn't u just added them into the bot folder instead of replacing them?

Note: I dont have the uninstaller version.

Ivan_the_Psycho
April 2, 2005, 7:32 pm
to Liqui Metal- i removed them because they didnt fit in the mod, yea i know that can be annoying, thats why the uninstall option is now available. I hope you havent modified them. If you had - sorry for destroying them, that kind of things wont happen with actual and any further version.

to Lapis Lazuli-Im gld you enjoyed my mod;] Do you have an application which extracts the souds from heavy gear2? If i had hem i could do a hg2 weapon pack(and replace some of in game sounds). If you'd help me with that it would be great ^^. You sad you have lot of ideas. Please write them here, or mail me ( psycho666@tenbit.pl ) or you could visit our irc channel #aov.soldat at quakenet. Im there from time to time. (ill appetiate others help too- i want the mod do be better and better with coming versions, so i could use anyone's advice).

Alamo
April 3, 2005, 12:00 am
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=17369

You might be able to get your sounds like this.

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 12:06 am
There's pretty much only one thing that annoys me about the gosteks, most of the head styles are grey except for the Gladiator. It would be nice if that could be changed in the next version. :D

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 5:31 am
I've got textures.. heck, I ripped all the textures from HG2 a long time ago. I have anything from the game in that category you could want.

Sounds may take awhile since each Gear in Heavy Gear 2 has an ambient "hum" inside the cockpit, so I may have to filter that out or use the external view.

I've also got some screenshots and other things that I've done for Heavy Gear 2. Browse them up at my old AOL space: ftp://members.aol.com/jakes8585

Some of that is from old clan-wars and the like; try to ignore that garbage.

SPARTAN_III
April 3, 2005, 4:15 pm
god in heaven. i have d/led it. simply the best. there should be a rule whereby all mods must have a manager included.

i cannot begin to give a mark. i can only quote lapis_lazuli in saying infinity/10

edit: is it possible to use my own personal interface by overwriting interface-gfx or will this screw up the mod?

i'm sorry bman. red faction 2 mod just isnt as good as this incredible piece of art. i love the jump sound its ripped from shogo right? pls make interface pictures of all the shogo MCAs like the ordog and enforcer

Zero72
April 3, 2005, 6:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIedit: is it possible to use my own personal interface by overwriting interface-gfx or will this screw up the mod?An unregistered interface can be applied to a modded or unmodded version alike, but you'll have to uninstall and reinstall the mod to get the mod interface back, unless you back it up.

Vangelis
April 3, 2005, 9:25 pm
To all those who wanted an uninstall: Why the hell would you ever want to uninstall this mod,its superb,excellent,all of my clan is using it now,friggin sweet mod man,thank you so much!

SPARTAN_III
April 4, 2005, 2:46 am
thank you zero. but doesnt it screw the interface manager or does the interface manager only for regged interface?

vangelis: he said we need to uninstall to install future, better versions.

Zero72
April 4, 2005, 3:36 am
The interface manager is only for the registered one, yup.

Kirby_106
April 4, 2005, 3:47 am
My God, What an incredable mod. When I started playing this, I have to admit, I was jealeous. Its so...perfect...in so many ways.
Ahg now im jealous :P

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 4:05 am
*Sigh* I wish I liked this kidna mod :p I think you did a great job but this thing just is'nt my style :p So I don't use it. Good job though

Ivan_the_Psycho
April 4, 2005, 7:08 am
As for the uninstall- You need to uninstall before installing newer version ONLY IF you want to save your soldat files from before installing. When you install a new one, installation will place the files from the current soldat dir and place them where old files are stored.
If someone wants to have a look on their old files- they're all in MS\old\ directory
As for the interface- it only edits registered interface which is named MECHA, selecting this interface in soldat menu is optional, using any other int. wont screw up the game:)

in the upcoming version i plan to add a new function to the manager (configuring player-colors, head etc.) the inf. map , some sound changes and complete Battletech weapons set. Here's a pic:

[IMAGE]

I think those weaps will have the much better look than the previous sets.

[Edit]
No worry, old sets will remain, thats why i created the manager ^^.
[/edit]

SPARTAN_III
April 4, 2005, 7:12 am
but include the old sets as well cos the celsior r0xx0rz

Narzul
April 4, 2005, 8:37 am
Damn, can't wait for the next version to use those weapon, they look awesome!

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 10:57 am
Ivan:

Do you want the Heavy Gear 2 Textures in grayscale (black & white) or their original color sets? Many of them are Earthen/Martian and very spacey already. I don't know if you want me to make them any different or not.

There's also a great deal of background images that could make great backdrops for maps. They're usually just a scenic view of a mountain range, some sort of horizonal fog/vale, and a sky image (stars, clouds, etc). I can package them in a different set if you like.

I'll end up releasing these for all aspiring map-makers who'll want to make a map for the Mecha Soldat mod. Just PM me the details Ivan and I'll get to work on what you need.

Kirby_106
April 4, 2005, 2:38 pm
My God! Thats so beautiful

Zero72
April 4, 2005, 9:10 pm
*chokes*

I repeat, you are a friggin' demigod. *bows*

Maxx
April 4, 2005, 10:51 pm
Those weapons are so frikincrapdangawesomeness.

I want that new version.

Happy Camper
April 4, 2005, 11:05 pm
so ivan, judging from this mod, you have heard of Battletech?!

i played that game a lot a long time ago, i loved it, i still have all of my miniatures and stuff, i also used to play the cardgame,

Much love for battletech nerds!

Messiah
April 4, 2005, 11:48 pm
HOLY [censored] that is one sick Mod man, holy [censored] wow that is fanstastic takes things to a new level @.@ Nice Job!@

SPARTAN_III
April 5, 2005, 5:45 am
what i dont get is there are so many weapons, but icant find the weaponnames for al of them, only the one i am using

forgive me for saying this, but the manager is moore impressive than the mod itself

i love the shogo jump sound u should make all the guns from shogo M.A.D

Zero72
April 5, 2005, 1:40 pm
Another suggestion I feel I should make is that maybe the footsteps should be louder.

SPARTAN_III
April 5, 2005, 2:18 pm
i think there should be a yellow burst when a shot connects-can someone tell me which one that is? cos now its hard to tell if my shots make contact

edit: VERY SORRY to double post my browser screwed up. DAMN INTERNET EXPLORER

Ivan_the_Psycho
April 5, 2005, 2:46 pm
I know what u mean. Its sparks-gfx\puff.bmp. I already added this as an eplosion-like picture, which i'll include in upcoming version, probably tomorrow.

[edit]

Damn i am having difficulties doing this map, altrough it took me lot of time, i still dont know how to finish this one;/ Honestly im not good in map making:/ I think i'll just focus on weapons/sounds/manager for some time, maybe il do someting to better the interface.
So I am asking anyone who has some experience in making maps, and likes my mod, please help the mod and make some maps- something in the mech atmosphere, then post your creations here. Its just too much for me to do so much things at one time;p Ill be grateful for all maps. If you need any help in textures/concept or scenery pics- contact me or Lapis Lazuli(see the previous posts for details)
Thx for all your help;]

[/edit]

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 2:47 pm
I'm glad you posted twice, otherwise I may not have caught the first one.

Already been fixed. Yay for Spartan.

Zakreon
April 6, 2005, 1:15 am
the mod is the best ive ever used, and ive been using mods since after the day i got soldat, but whenever i try to change to interface in the manager it just stays the same wen i installed it.. whats the problem??

Kirby_106
April 6, 2005, 1:26 am
make sure you have the interface selected in the soldat options (ingame)

Zakreon
April 6, 2005, 1:45 am
your telling me i have to register to get that cool interface? :/
that sucks...

Kirby_106
April 6, 2005, 1:50 am
yeah. its only 9$, I payed, and im glad I did

SPARTAN_III
April 6, 2005, 3:11 am
theonly major flaw is the current unregged interface, it is just not as good as the rest of the mod

when is next version out? so if i want to install the new one, i uninstall old one first?

Kirby_106
April 6, 2005, 3:16 am
Cant wait till the next version comes out ^_^

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 4:28 pm
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=22875

HG2 Texture pack released.

Working on Sounds now.

Kirby_106
April 7, 2005, 4:43 pm
it says "link cannot be found" :(

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 6:25 pm
Try here then, and look for Heavy Gear 2 Texture Pack

http://soldatforums.com/forum.asp?forum_id=47

sativa
April 7, 2005, 9:34 pm
i can't wait for the second part of this mod, i love this mod it gave me much more fun to soldat again, and seeing those new weapons u are making it just well yeah ya know ;)

Ivan_the_Psycho
April 8, 2005, 6:10 pm
Mecha Soldat 1.9

Mecha%20Soldat%201.9.exe(download latest version at 1st page)

Whats new:
-First SERIOUS weapon set -Mechwarrior weapon pack (based on mechcomander2, and mechwarrior4)
-new option of changing "soundpacks" in ms_config, along with new battletech soundpack (made for mechwarrior Weapon pack)
-added explosion-like hit effect
-added 1 new interface pic (Nephis-"female mecha" for a change;p)

Have fun and share your thoughts.

P.S. Regards to all battletech fans;]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Famine
April 8, 2005, 6:25 pm
you are the pwn IVAN. Make me a viking mod!

Happy Camper
April 8, 2005, 10:25 pm
yay, even more battletech stuff!

sativa
April 8, 2005, 10:38 pm
lova ya dude ;)

Shivorken
April 9, 2005, 3:14 am
............ (speechless) ............

You are the freakin god of all soldat modders!
I bow down to you oh mighty one!

Absolutely amazing...

Narzul
April 9, 2005, 4:23 am
Ivan, YOU ARE MY MODING GOD!! Seriously, I LOVE YOU!! Where you live? I wanna kiss you =D
This is truly amazing, i can see that you have put ultimate effort on it, your the man!

And by the way im not gay

Deleted User
April 10, 2005, 8:40 pm
Yeah ! I must agree with all ...
this is [IMAGE]in'damn good mode ! I love it ! It so damn awesome !!! >.<
^^

<edit> Eh and one question...Is it playable on internet ???

Deleted User
April 10, 2005, 9:28 pm
THIS IS THE BEST MOD I HAVE SEEN UP TO THIS DATE =)
man, dude, amigo, this.. this.... *speachless*
seriously great mod :D

SPARTAN_III
April 11, 2005, 9:31 am
OMFG are the original weaps still there??? do i must uninstall to install newer one?

Ivan_the_Psycho
April 11, 2005, 12:56 pm
To SPARTAN III - No, you dont have to;p Weapons from the previous version are still there.
To DAIRY - It is playable by internet.

Avarax
April 11, 2005, 8:43 pm
this is ultimate.

:O

a soldat mod with multiple skins and weapons to switch between with an application :O

just ultimate.

and the asteroid map :O

ultimate!

10/10 :O

Zero72
April 11, 2005, 9:30 pm
*has a heart attack* *explodes*

Maxx
April 12, 2005, 3:11 am
Wow, nice improvements!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

SPARTAN_III
April 12, 2005, 5:47 am
the MW guns are a nice touch, but the style doesnt seem to fit with the original. they look friggin awesome tho

i dont suppose you could share the source code for the manager...........nah nvm

you are the god of soldat modding.

Aegis
April 12, 2005, 5:54 am
That is quite possibly.. sweet as hell :D I love it!
10/10!

Edit: Anyone thought about a Mecha-Soldat server dedicated to this? I would personally love something like that, but I'm still considering whether it would be wise to run a server on this computer, being as I use it a lot(10 hours a day) for other things that could cause lag to the server.

Ivan_the_Psycho
April 13, 2005, 8:52 pm
Mecha Soldat has been hosted on www.soldatmods.tk (very nice site, full of mods, interfaces applications etc. for soldat)

Anyone who likes my mod and is willing to help me a bit, pls go to
[URL]
register, and rate the mod. I'd be gratefull.

Big thx to all;]

SPARTAN_III
April 14, 2005, 10:54 am
omfg...when i start my soldat game i get a hostlook cancel why god WHY DO U HATE ME????/ pls hel i really want play this mod online so bad pls help

all hail Ivan, god of soldat mods.

Ivan_the_Psycho
April 14, 2005, 12:09 pm
host lookup cancel appears when i enter a bad/unexisting ip or something. I dont think this could be related to the mod. did you select the server from lobby list? Or did you type IP manually?

SPARTAN_III
April 14, 2005, 3:24 pm
ahh, NO, i didnt change any ip settingz. i started a game and it said host lookup canceled

Ivan_the_Psycho
April 14, 2005, 4:35 pm
I have no idea then :|. Maybe just try to install soldat again(in different directory) then install mod there. If it works it means current settings you have for your soldat must have cracked up.

MOFO NOFO
April 14, 2005, 5:47 pm
for the next ver(if there will be 1) i wouldent mind some more.. NON laser or missile weapons, like the chain gun, combat pitol, devestators and such,.

Ivan_the_Psycho
April 14, 2005, 6:53 pm
Like those?
[IMAGE]
There will be next version, for sure;]
What i plan to add is
-new weaps
-remake of some older weapons
-new map(or two)
-enhanced manager (trying to add player editor-colors,heads etc.)
-new sounds
and perhaps i'll add some alternative gostek's like new helmets and heads.

I'll upload new version when those goals are done.
Till then- pls, share your suggestions ;]

hock3y
April 14, 2005, 11:06 pm
This is AMAZING

MOFO NOFO
April 15, 2005, 4:03 am
wewt thnx :), you really are the modding king.... tho if sk came up with an idea like this.. it may be unstoppable :O

Narzul
April 15, 2005, 5:35 am
A new version again oO nice :D!

Dodger
April 15, 2005, 5:07 pm
hehe woow im lookin forward to that new mod! well i love the first verson too! well how cool isnt it? a mod thats more like a program!:D with uninstall exept that extracting thing that allways gets pretty [IMAGE]ed up when u wanna change mod:D i simply love it!!!!

Dodger
April 15, 2005, 5:09 pm
i mean instead of that extracting thing:D...sry im norwegian and not that old so im not htat good in english:S

totalcommander
April 16, 2005, 8:49 am
This mod is so great, i really like that weapon manager, or what you call it.
your chainsword made me think of warhammer 40k, could you release that app that lets you change weapons as you like?? or maybe you should make a warhammer 40k mod, your sounds are great!!

-Total Commander

Darkspirit
April 17, 2005, 2:01 am
ULTIMATE! I love weapons maybe its futuristic, but for futuristic, it's like the futuristic fun with this futuristic mod and futuristic maps!!!!

I GIVE YA A FUTURISTIC MARK FOR YOUR FUTURISTIC MOD: 100000000000000000 / 10 !!! :D

( oh shut up futuristicdarkspirit... EHHHH darkspirit* :P )

Kyklis
April 17, 2005, 6:54 pm
:O. Holy [IMAGE]! Thats a awesome one! Keep it up!

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 6:58 pm
ooooo....sweet.....9.9/10 (nothings perfect)
i really like how you made a weapon and interface manger for the mod.
you have outdone yourself gj

Ivan0
April 17, 2005, 8:33 pm
Oooh great job! Deffinitely put your time and thought into making this, as opposed to slapping on some wang juice and calling it mod :) 5/5

edit: i also would love to see wh40k mod

Adin
April 22, 2005, 11:57 am
I love you, best mod ever.

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 7:47 pm
when will be new version ???

Deleted User
April 23, 2005, 3:15 am
I'm still working on the Heavy Gear 2 sounds, unfortunately I've run into a bit of trouble since my sound card produces pretty sketchy stuff.

Captain Ben
April 23, 2005, 1:00 pm
Just wondering, but is it possible to just get the maps? They look awesome! My broadband is almost up to it's limit:P

Marine
April 24, 2005, 2:07 am
Yea, those maps look insanely awesome. And that MOD...jeez, you get a 50 out of 10 for effort. Well done.

Zero72
April 26, 2005, 2:13 am
I'm afraid I must complain about your uninstaller, which failed to properly remove the modified explosions or some of the projectiles. I'll have to reinstall the game.

SPARTAN_III
April 26, 2005, 8:21 am
indeed, i had that problem too. pissed me off like hell when my flamer shot blue fire

numgun
May 4, 2005, 7:54 pm
I LOVE YOU [IMAGE]!!! <----(kidding)WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!111
BEST MOD EV4H!!!! <----(not kidding)
WOOOOT!!!!
10/10 :D :D :D :D XD
*passes out*

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 11:46 pm
spammer...

look in the forum rules about spamming/starhunting and reviving old topics

N1nj@
May 4, 2005, 11:53 pm
he is not spamming, he just want to say he love this mod, and this thread deserves to be revive anyway

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 1:44 am
i guess, after all, it was a good (understatement) mod...

SPARTAN_III
May 5, 2005, 6:04 am
lol i figured out how to change weaps. just extract the weapon files to c\soldat\MS\WEAPONNUMBER\DESIREDREPLACEMENT

it will show in manager

Trooper FIN
May 5, 2005, 12:51 pm
WOW!
Thats a great mod!
I just tested it, and its AWESOME!
So many weapons to choose.
So many options to keep this mod interesting!
Ivan_the_Psycho, youre a genious!
More alike mods please.(not the same theme(:)

One word:

AWESOME! :D

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 7:32 pm
Ivan? Will u make new version ??? I'd like to test new weps...

More alike mods please.(not the same theme(:) <-----I agree

wunderbear
May 5, 2005, 7:54 pm
This mod is AMAZING. I ghave never had so much fun with Soldat.

One thing: More MS maps! If anyone is doing any, tell me. THe invaded one is brilliant.

All the weapons are great, (Especially the shotg- SRM launcher) and the feel of power is excellent. Brilliant.

Is it possible to program explosions for death anims? It would give the impression of a fusion reactor going FOOM as the mech is killed. Otherwise, GREAT mod.

SPARTAN_III
May 6, 2005, 5:53 am
i love the way the shotgun was changed into a spread missile. very imaginitive lol

when is next version coming out?

Ivan_the_Psycho
May 6, 2005, 1:20 pm
Still working..i had less time last days, so the progress is slower, but i'he done some new weaps already and started 2 new maps(+ the red one fom the screens im trying to finish..s still feel like its mising simething on the surface;/)i'll also check for the bugs in uninstall,from what you say, i must have missed something. As for the 2.0 to be "complete" i assume it's the matter of week or two. I dont want to show ya this little crap i have now and cal it 2.0, that would be a shame;P
As for the explosions..its impossible as far as i know.
I'm glad i see more replies;] thx.
And perhaps i'll do something like mini-site where i'll be uploading new maps for the mod (after 2.0 i'll try to do more maps- new maps dont make the mod itself to be newer)so they could be downloadedoutside of the mod.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 1:56 pm
I'm still trying to get those sounds for you Ivan, but CoolEdit is being a severe pain in several places for me at the moment. I may have to try something else because it just isn't working.

I had a thought, though; If you could modify your file-swap utility so that it could accept new mod configurations, perhaps in the form of ini files or some such, your work would become immensely popular. Set it up so that it saves the mods in a backup directory (or perhaps the user themself puts them there) as well as the original Soldat files. Perhaps using compressionless archives (pk3) would be the best so that you don't have to worry about the time-change breaking anything, and make it so that all they have to do is load a mod file or heck, have the program re-read the contents of its mod folder each time it starts and you're ready to go.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 2:08 pm
yey 2.0 =D. im sure it wil kickass

SPARTAN_III
May 6, 2005, 2:22 pm
crap? nothing could be crap in this mod. An official ETA?

my god, michal should include this mod as a package for soldat downloads like he does with interfaces. only this one should not be for regged only.

i myself would like more SOLID SHELL weapons rather than energy ones. i love the look of the MW ones tho. DONT throw away the older guns, i still want my Celsior....

Zero72
May 6, 2005, 4:40 pm
Aye, and I love the Volt Rifle.

Just make sure you fix your uninstaller! =P Sorry if you've already done this; I haven't honestly checked.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 9:37 pm
quote:[i]i myself would like more SOLID SHELL weapons rather than energy ones. i love the look of the MW ones tho. DONT throw away the older guns, i still want my Celsior....

yea ! I agree it could be cool c more "normal" guns like old [sure from your mode , but i cant remember name] Mp5 . :D

Serpent_
May 6, 2005, 10:17 pm
thats a very sexy mod

wunderbear
May 6, 2005, 10:22 pm
the solid shell wepons are cool. But the lasers are also cool.

Only wepon i have a problem with is the "Long Tom" gun (grenade launcher) i think that's supposed to be an artillery weapon, and the short range of the gun makes it a bit weak. Still, is it possible to change the range of the gun?

Zero72
May 6, 2005, 11:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearStill, is it possible to change the range of the gun?
Mods are strictly for graphics and sound; the way things work is not changed. The only way to change things like that is by hacking the game, which isn't quite... legal.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 11:54 pm
This is the best mod i have ever played since the age of 3.

Deleted User
May 7, 2005, 12:49 pm
I hardly ever check the mod forums, so this is the first time I've seen this mod.

Best mod ever.

SPARTAN_III
May 7, 2005, 1:26 pm
i have a game you could get guns from. its a mech game: armored core:nexus. its really good and theres a dual barreled laser rifle u can use it for deagles. armored core series and front mission series rule. both mech games with LOTS of guns

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 12:09 am
Ivan: I just noticed that you've spelt 'matter' wrong in 'anti-mater gun'. Just thought I'd point that out if nobody else did.

Unless its meant to be 'mater' :x

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 12:20 am
anyway that doesn't "mater" :P

where did you get all the sounds? where did you get them?
from the net? where?

Ivan_the_Psycho
May 8, 2005, 2:13 am
From games;] - various games i've completed long time ago. Most of theme come form mechwarrior/mechcommander series, some taken from shogo,shattered steel,armor command...and few other older games. Dont throw out your old games- you may want to use them in far future, like i did;]

wunderbear
May 8, 2005, 6:46 pm
have any ETA for 2.0 Being released?

And I'm sure there's a Grenade launcher in Mechwarrior (by sure I mean I just put "Mechwarrior" and "Grenade Launcher" into google)

But the long tom is ok.

numgun
May 8, 2005, 8:24 pm
The gosteks should be changed slithly like this:
---_____|__-----
--/____--__/--------
-(____/--|----<---- helmet
-\______/------------
---------------------
-------------_-_------
------------/-//-/------
-----------/-//-/-------
--_____/-//-/--------
-/----___--/---------
-\---/MS/--|---------
-|---|--|--|---------
-|---/__/--/
-\---vvv--|----------<----body
--\--/-\--|----------
--|--|-|--|----------
-_|--|_|--|----------
(__(__/----------
---------------------

[EDIT] so I want to tell with this picture that the helmet would be without those hilarious ''ears'' and 2 exsaust pipes would be attached to the body like in the picture. PLEEEEASE DO IT!!!! Ö.Ö

Ivan_the_Psycho
May 8, 2005, 9:02 pm
I'm afraid that what you ask me to do is impossible. I'll show you the example.
Here's the picture of my gostek:
[IMAGE]
The gostek's are built from several bitmaps, each biytmap is "glued" to one point with its corner. For the chest it's like this:
[IMAGE]
For side 1, and:
[IMAGE]
for side 2.
The point i was talking about is the green cross, and blue vectors are the ways which the picture goes. As you can see, doing something like the pipes , wings, backpacks or ANYTHING attached to the back is impossible...as long as i wish to keep the critical animations untouched. And i wont touch them because it would cause the mod not to be playable online.

wunderbear
May 8, 2005, 9:09 pm
i like the hilarious ears!

They are cool.

numgun
May 9, 2005, 1:02 pm
aww, too bad...
BTW can u put an option into the manager that i could change the interface for NON-registered like the way u did for selecting the guns... please?

SPARTAN_III
May 10, 2005, 1:57 pm
i want manager to be able to use any gn for anything.....so i can have a longtom as barret etc

64-bit Cookie
May 11, 2005, 8:11 pm
I loved this mod so much. I went out and made a map for my friends and I to play on for Capture the flag in space. I use fraps to capture every momment I kill my friends in space. They should edit soldat to be waitless so you can float in the map for this mod. :) :)

Deleted User
May 11, 2005, 8:22 pm
yea .. like a gravity bar so you could adjust gravity..

but let's stay on-topic please.. when is version 2 gonna be released?

Ivan_the_Psycho
May 11, 2005, 8:57 pm
Dunno exacly:P Im now doing Shogo Weapon set. If you recognize this weapon
[IMAGE]
then i'm sure you'll know what that means;]

I think 2.0 should be ready in next week.

SPARTAN_III
May 12, 2005, 1:30 am
wooo! teh bullgut! is that law? hope u make sniper rifle, and pulse rifle. i would like to see human weaponsets from shogo, like the assault rifle, but this is mech mod. well, only if u want to make it

keep all the old sets. are you planning on redrawing the celsior?

actually the celsior is the pulse rifle in shogo-the one that every mech gets at the start that fires blue blobs of energy. the "celsior" in your mod is the laser cannon, or Vollmer VK75 if i remember correct

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 1:41 pm
w00t nc 1 gun :)

SPARTAN_III
May 12, 2005, 3:02 pm
make that nuclear kato gun.....red riot or summat in shogo. as the flame bow maybe?

make juggernaut artillery gun, and also shredder. i would also like to see spider grenade launcher, and sniperrifle. sniper->ruger, juggernaut->barret. shredder (that thing that fires like a juggernaut on steroids and caffeine) can be minimi

but what would be the spas? u could use bullgut but that would be better as LAW. maybe use the human shotgun. i think if you are going to do shogo u should do human weaponsets, cos then it would be easy for m79-u can use the grenade on the assault rifle.

armored core nexus is a very good mech game.

also, i found an error in ur manager. when u clik apply, it says "your setting have been applied" it should be "your setting>>S<< have been applied" :p

EspaceeMegadeth
May 15, 2005, 1:47 pm
Cool =)))

CamBot
May 15, 2005, 10:21 pm
Awesome mod I can't wait for version 2

SPARTAN_III
May 16, 2005, 12:18 pm
yeah i want it sooo bad. all hail ivan god of modding.

hell, if i cant have shogo, this is the next best thing

Ivan_the_Psycho
May 17, 2005, 12:57 am
Bad news to those who awaits 2.0. I have few exams in this week, so i wont have much time for the mod...but i hope i'll be ready with it by the end of next week. As i promissed, i wont let any crap remain in 2.0 release.
BTW. Did anyone ever play game "S.C.A.R.A.B"? I tought i might use the concept as alternative headset for gostek. Here's the teaser;p
[IMAGE]
And for the shogo fans
[IMAGE]
(dont look at the names:P)
5-bullgut,6-juggernaut,7-spider,[8 is not from shogo, my own inventiuon;p],9-shredder,socom- pulse, knife energy blade and chainsaw-energy baton, I plan to do 8 or 4 sniper rifle(rappidfire mode for 4), but i have no idea for 1,2,0 and law to make complete shogo weaponset, maybe you have any suggestions?
Sorry again for the delay, pls be patient, i hope i wont dissapoint you in next week.

SPARTAN_III
May 17, 2005, 2:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Ivan_the_PsychoBad news to those who awaits 2.0. I have few exams in this week, so i wont have much time for the mod.
*cry cry*

but those guns look good. but i think bullgut should be LAW, and spas=human shotgun

deagles=dual human pistols
mp5=Aegis AT-S4 assault rifle (human weapon)

and how many times must i bloody tell u that the "celsior" in your mod is called a Vollmer VK75 Lasercannon. i may have lost the CD, but i still have the manual.

EDIT: if u r goin to do human weapons (recommended) then the law can be the human TOW.

and minigun.......there might have been gun turrets on the flagship...whatsitsname....UCASF leviathan?? if there were u could use those.

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 1:45 pm
w00t , nice guns ! can't w8 on that new version <:O

numgun
May 17, 2005, 3:53 pm
YAY! and aww...
my opinion on those new guns:
1st:
please remove those ''SH_'' things from the wepn names
2nd:
please change the colouring of the ''SH_SR''(minimi) to metallic lets say, because it looks like a toy gun! : /
3rd:
the SOCOM should be smaller

anyway all other is Supah!!! u roolz! 4evah! Haxxor!

Felix
May 17, 2005, 4:38 pm
I love the energie blade

mata_bun
May 18, 2005, 3:55 am
im probably going to sound like an idiot saying this cause someone already said it, but dont flame me out....

you can just put different weapons in the folders like how I stuck some of my old cel-damage mod ones in there, so this program can also work as some giant mod organizer, for what weapons you want, whenever you want, from whatever mod you want. crazy funs.

SPARTAN_III
May 18, 2005, 2:58 pm
^^i said that :/

i cant wait for 2.0 i have a great idea for law if u dont want to use TOW. use that red riot nuclear kato gun

Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 4:40 pm
I really like number 4 :) good work.

numgun
May 19, 2005, 8:39 pm
that new gosteks... is it a dog? or wait,....its anubis!
btw pls put an option to the manager that u could change the interface for NON-registered pls!!!!

Deleted User
May 21, 2005, 2:26 am
This mod looks awesome, I'm also a big fan of mecha games/anime.

Deleted User
May 21, 2005, 2:35 am
yes.. I think this is the most serious soldat mod up to date.. it covers EVERYTHING and MORE

Deleted User
May 21, 2005, 11:54 am
This is da coolest mode :D I like it very much. But when the new version come out ???

Psycho btw nc avatar ^^
Sig too :D

Captain Ben
May 21, 2005, 2:53 pm
I love the Asteriod maps on survival! When you get killed, you fall for ages :D

wacko101
May 23, 2005, 9:20 am
nice mod it's heaps kool...a great mod for mecha fans

Raptor
May 23, 2005, 4:17 pm
Cool! I congratulate you man...

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 9:04 pm
As 1337s would say:
17 1Z t3|-| /-\W350/v\3!
(for the not-geeks out there: it means "it's great!".)

Zero72
May 25, 2005, 6:15 am
Oh yeah...

Would you mind too horribly if I decided to kind of take your sparks-and-oil-instead-of-blood idea for my Mega Man mod? I think that'd work pretty well...

...whenever I finally get back to it...

Ivan_the_Psycho
May 26, 2005, 1:50 am
Nope, i dont mind. Why do you think i would?:P

Zero72
May 26, 2005, 5:56 am
Because I would be using an idea that you had come up with without your consent if I hadn't asked. I was just making sure. =P

SPARTAN_III
May 26, 2005, 12:00 pm
and that has happened too many times with n00b modders. btw, its 'next week' already, ivan. dont mean to pester you, but where is it?

and hugoku, the literal translation is actually: "it is teh awesome"

mooseproduce
May 26, 2005, 1:04 pm
Make another mod, with a different theme! Make it gooder than this one, and use the same editor .exe thingie.

u r teh pwn d00d omg

Ivan_the_Psycho
May 26, 2005, 3:18 pm
I have some difficulties with few weapons;p But i think i'll finish before end of this week.

As for other mod, long time ago i was thinking about HERETIC mod (yes its from that ol doomish fantasy game. I wont do any mod like CS -its just too many of them, and others modern-realistic and warld war 2 mods. But first i must complete the 2.0 of mecha=P

sjl21488
May 26, 2005, 8:21 pm
you must make a Contra 3 mod :D

Zero72
May 26, 2005, 9:57 pm
Are you the same guy who posted that before?

Dude, Contra would not make a good mod. You couldn't make a good mod out of the entire Contra series, much less Contra 3 alone. Sorry.

sjl21488
May 27, 2005, 12:00 am
Dude..

how do you add weapons to the mecha soldat mod menu? :)
Could you make a read me in the next version to show how its done :p

im all confuzzled

Deleted User
May 27, 2005, 1:39 am
quote:Originally posted by sil21488how do you add weapons to the mecha soldat mod menu? :)
he's magic....duh...he probally made the program up himself or used a program editor. besides if he told you he would be telling you his secrets :p

SPARTAN_III
May 27, 2005, 11:10 am
you add the weapon folder to YOURDRIVEHERE:\soldat\MS\APPROPRIATE WEAPON NUMBER

then fiddle with it until its laid out like the rest of the folders already there.

oh and ivan, r u making human weapons? if not, then pls just make the human assault rifle cos it roxxors in shogo

Deleted User
May 27, 2005, 2:24 pm
when will be new ver out ??? end of this week ??? 2,5 day left ??? c'mon!

Zero72
May 27, 2005, 5:33 pm
Relax. He's a very busy man, and I'm sure the mod will be well worth your wait. =P

Svirin Kerath
May 27, 2005, 6:21 pm
this blows the pants off my mechwarrior mod.

damn you.

ah well, good job. freakin' good job. and i guess that means i don't have to make a mechwarrior mod anymore.
yay! ^_^

SPARTAN_III
May 28, 2005, 11:27 am
hmm....

all the uber 1337 programmers seem to be polish.....

where are those solid weapons you showed us on page (5? 6? 7?)
anyway gr8 mod, now cant wait for release.

EXR3dn3ck
May 28, 2005, 9:46 pm
dude i aint even a mecha fan but this mod does kick ass

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 10:59 pm
mooseproduce: what do you mean, better? this mod pwns all others. and i find no fault with it.

CamBot
May 30, 2005, 6:41 pm
Cant wait for ver 2....
*drools*

Deleted User
May 30, 2005, 7:27 pm
omg... i didnt look on pg5 but now i did omg even better than the first vs omg omg omg omg why didnt i see pg5 before? omg omg omg downloading right now omg im such an imbecile for not seeing pg5 omg omg omg omg omg omg...

pwns...

wunderbear
May 30, 2005, 8:24 pm
You updated while i was away! It looks brilliant! Downloading.

EDIT: or did you?

Oops, that was stupid of me.

sjl21488
May 31, 2005, 1:37 am
dude you know what would be cool? if you made a Warhammer 40k mod :D

SPARTAN_III
May 31, 2005, 4:07 pm
its next week WHERE IS IIIIIIIT??? *CRY CRY CRY*

Deleted User
June 1, 2005, 1:20 pm
Yea! I wanna play as BATTLE MECH !
*cry too*

SPARTAN_III
June 2, 2005, 9:11 am
i want that pulse rifle!

btw, ivan, if theres gonna be a 2.1 could u do armored core nexus? or is this more of a classic mech mod?

June 2, 2005, 10:54 am
ACN!! ACN!! ACN!! *calms down* ACN is a good game, and fun too, if they could mod the vest to be a gostek, it would be a shield.

numgun
June 2, 2005, 11:38 am
so, where is it? cause im waiting it with a ''week-old-drools'' ;P

Deleted User
June 2, 2005, 2:16 pm
Maybe when he will release it later it will be even better <:I
I want it ! Where is it ? -.-

SPARTAN_III
June 4, 2005, 1:24 am
its saturday and no mod :'(

*sulks in a corner*

Svirin Kerath
June 4, 2005, 5:43 pm
*sigh* armored core is cool... think of all the weapon possibilities...

EXR3dn3ck
June 5, 2005, 6:47 am
damn i wanna see a version 2, if it is better than version 1 then this mod is gonna rock

SPARTAN_III
June 5, 2005, 2:51 pm
what have we done to you ivan, that you keep this mod from us? :(

EXR3dn3ck
June 5, 2005, 3:04 pm
i dont know but i wish we could atleast see some more pics and new stuff , cause this mod is the greatest

Zero72
June 5, 2005, 5:44 pm
I doubt a lot of whining while he's not around will get the mod out much faster.

EXR3dn3ck
June 6, 2005, 1:41 am
i agree, lets just wait

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 10:58 am
I w8-ing too long :(
Ah , I wanna play as a robot!

SPARTAN_III
June 6, 2005, 1:45 pm
if theres been a weapon update, a screen would be nice, just so we can drool over it.

Deleted User
June 8, 2005, 12:43 pm
Uf , when u release it ???

Darkspirit
June 9, 2005, 9:46 pm
He'z already released. Look in older topics to see how and where to find it

Edit: Sorry im wrong ^^
Thats beacause he released it one day but i think he modified it.

SPARTAN_III
June 10, 2005, 5:46 am
its almost 2 weeks now. come on ivan dont torture us.

Darkspirit
June 10, 2005, 2:36 pm
Lol, we're so impatient to play with new version!

EXR3dn3ck
June 11, 2005, 6:19 am
i believe u are right cause i cant find those guns on my mod, hmmm maybe thats part of new mod or sumthing

Deleted User
June 11, 2005, 6:57 am
great mod!
i try it....
Waiting 2.0.....

Adin
June 12, 2005, 8:01 am
Common ivan, this mod is the ownzor :D

Zero72
June 13, 2005, 3:22 am
I just want you guys to know that if I were a moderator, I'd junk this entire thread in a heartbeat. Food for thought.

Deleted User
June 13, 2005, 12:43 pm
o-m-g !
Its still not released????

Meandor
June 13, 2005, 12:55 pm
Usually I don't lock popular threads, but since people keep spamming in it, I'm forced to. Ivan: when (if) you actually want to update this, PM me. I'll unlock it.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 1:17 pm
from all the soldat mods i have seen.. this is the greatest!
nice job Ivan!

July 29, 2005, 2:19 pm
OMG U IDIOT! DONT BUMP THE THING BACK UP!

necromancy...

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 4:31 pm
Dude, this thread deserves some attention, but not spam. Personally, I think Meandor (!!!) should move this thread into the Totally 1337 Mods section. Anyways, don't push Ivan - he's a busy man.

EDIT: OH MY GAWHD VERSION 2.0!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Ivan_the_Psycho
July 30, 2005, 1:18 am
First thing to say is a big thanks to Meandor for unlocking the topic:)

Also thanks to all of you for your attention and comments, and sorry for delay between 1.9 and 2.0...i was just busy at the time.

Whats new?
Almost every weapon which didnt look good (in my opinion:P) has been redesigned, added some new weaps (including 3 new weapsets, not complete but still...) here's the menu:

[IMAGE]

Also config.exe has been updated, with new function to fix mecha from 2 parts, lower and upper and of course some graphics to choose (currently- 4 upper, 4 lower + some alternatives to head graph) as seen on the picture:

[IMAGE]

Also new explosion. Not drawn by me, i converted and modified it from Freespace2.
No maps in 2.0, i havent enough time and faith..but i have still 3 maps under construction, also website of the "mechasoldat project (:P)" where i'll be uploading new maps for the mod will soon be done. Until then, i hope you enjoy 2.0, if any bugs found, please report it to me, i'll fix it in a fast update.

[EDIT] IMPORTANT! Don't save with anti-matter gun selected(you'll se an error). If config crashes on start, because pics missing, copy MS_backup.ini as the MS.ini . [/EDIT]

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 1:22 am
Found a teeny bug: when you install the GS_Excaliber, the ingame name is also "GS_Excaliber". The Energy Baton is the only thing I don't like - everything else is awesome. 11/10.

EDIT: Found one more: the SH_Spider also does the same.

EDIT 2: Meandor, be sure to move this to the Totally 1337 Mods section.

Ivan_the_Psycho
July 30, 2005, 1:32 am
Wow, that was a damn fast review:) thx, i'll try to upload it fixed before anyone else notice:>

[EDIT] Omg...i'm dope:P, as for totally 1337, im glad u think id deserve it. But isnt that section reserved only for completed mods? if so, then this one shouldnt go there, because i'll be uploading in future, as long as i play soldat ill be adding sumthing from time to time. Again thx for comment [/EDIT]

[EDIT2] Fixed version uploaded, if someone had problems downloading. It works now. Have fun! [/EDIT2]

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 2:01 am
*gargle*

HELL YES. I can't wait to play this :D

EDIT: Download link doesn't work! ;_;

MOFO NOFO
July 30, 2005, 2:15 am
:D.... i love this mod..

N1nj@
July 30, 2005, 2:19 am
u are a god! <3

Keron Cyst
July 30, 2005, 2:43 am
I can't stop staring at the new weapon menu images. What program do you use?

N1nj@
July 30, 2005, 3:59 am
You are also missing one of the LAWs replacement (LRM Launcher), there should be 3 if I am not mistaken.

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 8:26 am
THE v2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!holy crap!!!!!!!!another managers!!!omg ur great

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 11:25 am
Woah, 12mb for a soldat mod :o tells you how good it is! I'm gonna play this on my network with my friend later, it'll be awesome.

Thanks for the mirror N1nj@ :)

Ivan_the_Psycho
July 30, 2005, 11:26 am
Programs used: MS Paint(:P) for pixel work, and Adobe photoshop for coloring/brightnes/contrast adjusting etc. (i cant remember if i wrote that before..if i did, sorry)

As for missing weaps- i did it on purpose:P. Just got rid of ugly old weapons for better look of the mod, but if someone's missing those #simple# weapons, ill upload them in a separate file.

[EDIT] (to the post below) I've read about soldat 1.2.2 but its still not released, when 1.2.2 will be ready i'll make the mod compatible. Just have to modify installer(uninstall will not be necesarry anymore;]) and installing will go to current mod folder, not soldat dir [/EDIT]

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 11:37 am
Ivan, have you read this topic? http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=25174&whichpage=1

I don't think the Mecha Soldat installer would be compatible with the /mods folder. It would work if it installed the folders 'Bots', 'Custom-interfaces', 'Maps' and 'Textures' to the base soldat folder, then installed everything else to /mods/Mecha Soldat.

numgun
July 30, 2005, 5:24 pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!! its here!!! awesome new stuff!!! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYO
UTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOTHANKYOUTHANKYO
UTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANK
YOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHAN
KYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHA
NKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKY
OUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANK
YOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKY
OUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!! *explodes*
(this is not spamming, its an expression to ivan ; ) )

rabidhamster
July 30, 2005, 5:49 pm
fecking awsome.

it's amazing how much work you put into his mod. 12/10.

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 5:50 pm
O_o

Anyway I've played around with the mod and it's excellent! I love the 52mm Machine Gun the best, it looks absolutely fantastic.

July 30, 2005, 6:16 pm
Ur missing the anitmatter gun......lol....love tis mod.

numgun
July 30, 2005, 7:47 pm
noo! frag cannon is missing!!! i want that back! please realease that file with the old guns.

Ivan_the_Psycho
July 30, 2005, 10:06 pm
here u go. THIS CONTAINS OLDER (less shaded and uglier in my oppinion) WEAPONS. if you like the current ones then dont download this.

[URL]

This link has been added at and of first post, for those who liked older weapons. They can be selected in config at bottom of the lists.

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 10:23 pm
O_o Wow...

Well going by M.A.R.S. or, Mister Angry's Rating System

I'd give this baby 5 out of 5 ^_^

Shivorken
July 31, 2005, 7:32 am
It sure did take you a while to release v2.0 but ... HOLY (Please refrain from swearing) DUDE!!!!! UR ARE SO DAM GOOD!!!!! U ABSOLUTELY MUST MAKE THIS BETTER FOR SOLDAT 1.2.2 CUZ IT WOULD ABSOLUTELY OWN!!!!!! I LUV U IVAN!!!!!!

wunderbear
July 31, 2005, 7:41 pm
Very good, Ivan. Only one problem; it seems to be stuck (the Gostek) on Raptor Legs. Weird. But very cool. 10/10! :D

Shivorken
August 1, 2005, 11:09 am
I've found a problem ... when the old weps patch is installed, it removes the new pistols and only othe old ones are there :(

GAMEOVER
August 1, 2005, 4:30 pm
Insane work put into this mod, hope to see other mods by you this ones a little to far fetched and geeky imo. You deffinatly have set the bar with this though this has got to be the most hardcore mod ever made.

GAMEOVER
August 1, 2005, 5:57 pm
This is in the wrong forum should be under totally l33t mods.

- Tek -
August 1, 2005, 9:40 pm
ahhhh crap! I realize there are 13 pages, but what's that program showed in the very first post, that displayed all of the gosteks and a character. I would like that!

Dam I didn't realise it was jsut the program used to instal the mod.

N1nj@
August 1, 2005, 11:02 pm
-Tek-: Sometimes if you can just read and not just look thru the pictures, you can actually figure out the answer yourself, SUPRISE!

(answer: just download the program on the first post (page 1), just click one of the links and extract it using winrar)

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 9:37 am
Whoa! Finaly 2.0 released.
I w8ed so long. Thx Ivan for ur good work.
And keep it up for new version!

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 12:08 pm
anyone else getting Corrupt warnings when downloading

N1nj@
August 2, 2005, 2:49 pm
Which link did u use to download? Cause it's working fine for me.

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 3:19 am
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=26095

For you Ivan. <3

mata_bun
August 4, 2005, 10:48 pm
I have your old version, and DAMN i was waiting for changeable gosteks! NICE!

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 7, 2005, 9:19 pm
Ok I'll be updating by the days...i found some bugs myself: the pistols (with OLD_patch), and legs...i havent packed up KNIGHT leg set so if someone changes to them, it still remains as previous. I'm doing 2.1 compatible with both soldat 1.2 and 1.3(yup, with Delphi i can do that;]) Until then please report any bugs to me if you find something. Again thx for comments, and guidance.

Swarmer
August 8, 2005, 9:37 am
Hey, i have a question: I noticed that the second default song, "Gore", has been changed to a cool song. what song is this, and who made it? I like it. It sounds familiar.

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 8, 2005, 1:18 pm
heheh, someone noticed;) It's from old microsoft's game HELLBENDER. So the credits goes for the creators of that game. I got the soundtrack from -=MIRSOFT=- [URL]

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 1:34 pm
quoting:

Here it is, Mecha mod 1.8 with uninstall capability.
http://strony.aster.pl/ivans_site/downloads/Mecha%20Soldat%201.8b.exe
This will prevent losing previous files in soldat dir due to the install of my mod (like ninj@'s loss of his modified stuf -again sorry). Few words about the packgage-
-The mod is still exacly the same as 1.8 which i added last time, only the setup is modified, and new file "mecha soldat uninstall.exe" has been added.
-Please note that the custom interface- mecha, maps and the map's scenery have to be removed manually if you want to get rid of them- since they are "additional items" they should not collide with original, or any other modification.
-The install/uninstall works like it works because i'm actually a beginner in using delphi for creation of exe files, but i checked it, and it works for sure, theres no worry about losing old files.
Heve fun, and tell me what you think.

this post or link doesnt not work.. bad url
please post new one.

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 8, 2005, 2:07 pm
Argh!!!!...actual download always goes to the first page-you have download of 2.0 (uninstall included) go there and download 2.0 from one of the mirrors. But since you postet about that...i'll check the whole thread and delete unactive links.

[EDIT] I'll do some weapons.ini files for next ver. Probably 2, or 3 (i'll be doing them for weaponsets that are already done, hopefully i'll make laser "bullet" fly lake laser;]. most challenging will be SHOGO i suppose, if you knowe how original BULLGUT fires, then you'll get the point;] [/EDIT]

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 3:38 pm
Are you making new weapons.ini files? 'Cause I'd love to see those.

EDIT: Yeah, Bullgut - quad-rocket launcher... =/

EDIT 2: Sniper Rifle?

[IMAGE]

N1nj@
August 8, 2005, 4:40 pm
Just letting you know that if you are making weapons mod, you don't need to call them weapons.ini, you can call them w/e you want, like gundam.ini...and do /loadwep gundam in game and it will work..

Hoodlum
August 8, 2005, 5:01 pm
That mod is so sexy.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 4:35 am
best mod ive seen,
ever i just started to like gundam again...(Please refrain from swearing) when i use this mod i lagg like crazy, but its still and awesome mod, why is there no gundam head LIKE V shaped antenna thingy like all gundams have

\ /
\ /

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 9, 2005, 8:21 pm
There is one. Player holding rambo bow have it;p But i'll add some, probably in "dreads" slot. And it's impossible about the lag. No mod can affect in-game ping, unless it's hacked or somethin'. Mine's not. BUt 'm glad you like it.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 12:03 am
idono but my computer sucks, my computer lags with every mod even if one weapon is modded

SPARTAN_III
August 10, 2005, 11:47 am
omfg this mod is teh uber sexiness. wtf is it doing in "partially" 1337 section?

edit: i just patched 121 to 1.3. can i just install the mod over my patch?

numgun
August 10, 2005, 1:26 pm
can somebody put this topic to the fully leet mods section? 1337 = leet: did i get that right?

August 10, 2005, 2:05 pm
@spartan III, yeah, but then u can't run ur parameter (XD)

Nos-D
August 10, 2005, 4:36 pm
Great mod, i didn`t liked 2nd, 3rd, 4th interface it`s big.

firebolt145
August 11, 2005, 4:47 am
The mod rules.

The only problem I find is with the interface. The big square that shows your health constantly covers a part of the screen.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 5:23 am
a great mod just got better... STICKEH!

August 11, 2005, 6:24 am
Holy crap its DANA!!!!

Not so sure bout what u say though, not reged

SPARTAN_III
August 11, 2005, 9:24 am
^^i hate the parameter idea. this works fine, except the m2 reverts to default since this mod is for 121.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 5:45 pm
Man, you beat me to it. Great mod, well done.

Keron Cyst
August 12, 2005, 11:14 pm
Why is this still under "Partially 1337 Mods?" I need you for my interface-gfx (I'll slave over you for a week...) :-P

mata_bun
August 19, 2005, 10:44 pm
I also would like to say the knife animations are DELICIOUS. Anyway, I was hoping using the gostek changer I could change the gosteks to old style soldat, but it doesn't work as well. It's probably hard to fit that in somehow, but yeah. I replaced all the files that have the names and such, but I don't even know if it's supposed to work. :p Anyone done this?

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 20, 2005, 12:23 am
Ok, here it is, Mecha Soldat mod 2.1, compatible with Soldat 1.3.

download here
[URL]
and on 1st page as always.

whatsnew?
Mostly cosmetic changes, new sounds and graphics for few weapons, only few new weapons, one new "gear" gostek legs set.

The config program has some new functions which you can see here
[IMAGE]
installatiopn program will detect if the Soldat 1.3 is installed, if it is, mecha soldat files will go to mods\mecha directory (and will add a shortcut on the desktop).If it will detect older versions it will hide options that has use only in 1.3.
Also added some variations for new functions- few fonts to choose from, some new impact effects etc.

Main goal of this update was to make Mecha soldat, and so it is. I hope you'll enjoy this one.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 2:47 am
Yes, yes, yes, I'll give you feedback and a detailed report in about an hour or two (or three).

EDIT: Btw, for some reason team Bravo also has the same helmet and hat as team Alpha., just to tell you.

EDIT 2:

Can you fix this:

[IMAGE]

EDIT 3: Yeah, I know it's not your fault, I was just pointing it out. About the shoulder thing, are you saying that that's how one of the helmets it?

August 20, 2005, 3:37 am
it didn't install in the mods folder, so now i've lost virtually everything....(Please refrain from swearing)...

Ill check it after i see what i can salvage, despite the fact you can't uninstall it now..

SPARTAN_III
August 20, 2005, 4:01 am
damn, i hate using the mods folder. the config is better than that. damn this, i'll have to figure out how to just replace the (Please refrain from swearing) now.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 4:26 am
In reply to 117, there is a folder within Soldat named MS open that and in it should be another folder named old files or such. I should contain everything that you were using before you installed Mecha Soldat :)

EDIT: I hope it works but I just realized I have MS v2.0 installed :S
So it may not...

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 20, 2005, 5:48 am
to 117:
Did you install on soldat 1.3? If so, it should automaticly install all files in mods/mecha folder, i checked it XXX times :|. if it is in soldat 1.2.1 or older just launching uninstall exec should return your old files. Only original files it replaces are interface-gfx. I noted it on the text when the self extracting rar opens. Anyone else has this problem? pls, everybody check if you have original files in gostek-gfx, weapons-gfx, sfx etc. after installing the mod. I'm sorry if i (please refrain from swearing) it up like 117 said ;/.

to Aznbl00d:
I know bout the helmet. Its not my mod's fault, try changing on your own...this is soldat 1.3 bug- it just dont change tgose graphics when changing teams. That's why i locked up it in the configurator. as for the "thing on shoulder"- i had no other way to atatch this, launch ms_config in soldat dir, and choose other mech parts in "mecha" section, if you dont like this one.

to Spartan III:

If the install finishes properly, conigurator will detect where files are installed. if it is in soldat dir it will change them there, if in mods\mecha soldat then it'll change them out there.

[Edit] I checked it once again: install path for MS 2.1: c:\soldat\ (soldat version 1.3)
sparks-gfx -untouched,weapons-gfx -untouched,objects-gfx -untouched,gostek-gfx -untouched,sfx -untouched,txt -untouched
interface-gfx -chnged (as i warned), added ms executables and ini,ms custom-interfaces/mecha and mods/mecha folders. i have no damn idea what could go wrong with your install.. [/edit]

[Edit2] to aznblood: no, it's a part of "gear" upper gostek sets, try out "knight" for instance.[/Edit2][/b]

Shivorken
August 20, 2005, 9:49 am
Hey Ivan, do you think you can make 2 gosteks for me? it would be greatly appreciated ... pm button dusnt appear on you :(

The 2 gostecks im requesting are an elite gosteck and an infection form gosteck (both are from halo)

Thx in advanced

Shivorken

Sorry bout this being off topic and all ... you mech mod is just unfreakinbelievably god like :D

August 20, 2005, 9:51 am
Oh wait, got it working, long story. Something to do with me installing 1.3 in a different named folder and then copying files into my soldat folder that was registered as using 1.2.1... so yeah, its wierd.

b_b_b
August 20, 2005, 10:03 am
wtf ?
/me slaps ivan
wtf have you done with my old m79 ;(. Anyway i`m waiting now for Heretic mod ^^.

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 20, 2005, 10:39 am
to b_b_b:
You havent read the whole 1st page, havent you? http://strony.aster.pl/ivans_site/downloads/Mecha%20Soldat%20Old%20Weapons%20Patch.exe
this will bring up older weapons, including your "shorter" frag cannon;p

to Shirvoken:
I can try with these gosteks, but i can't promise they'l look good:P

to 117:
Uff..thats a release, i was afraid i did something wrong in the installer...i spent 2 weeks making it and testing, and testing, and testing....

Shivorken
August 20, 2005, 12:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ivan_the_Psycho

to Shirvoken:
I can try with these gosteks, but i can't promise they'l look good:P

heh ... im sure it'll b sweet :D

anyway, when you have done it, send it to me via email. my email is shadowguardian89@gmail.com

Thx again for your help m8 :D

[Edit]: as for your mod, you can try changing the weps stats so that they are more like how they are suppose to be, but thats just my 2cents

Shivorken

August 20, 2005, 1:34 pm
@ivan the psycho: Ur flamer is a different name when you use it, its Tachylon Something/....

oneill
August 20, 2005, 1:46 pm
W0w good job and nice work man

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 20, 2005, 1:55 pm
Argh, you're right bout that flamer. Damn looks like some bugs are still there;p I've missed one letter in code, the config is changing the name of flamethrower to full minigun name (for rotary AC 5 it would be MW_Rotary AC 5), ill fix that right away.

[Edit] Done. Here's the fixed config:
[URL]
just unrar and place in soldat directory, overwriting the old one

Thanks for all your comments everybody:)
[/Edit]

DeMonIc
August 20, 2005, 2:15 pm
MS config gives me some kind of ugly error, and doesn't function properly ( I can't change a thing.) The error is about a file not being found, and it also appears after I install the mod.

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 20, 2005, 2:23 pm
This means something did not install properly. Maybe just try to instal it again (on same directory). If it still not working make sure MS_Config is in directory of soldat, also MS.ini is necessary (if you have it from older version, you need to owerwrite it to a new one). also you can try to rename ms_backup.ini as ms.ini, this should work. Otherwise it means that something in MS folder do not match.
Ah, one more thing...check the file ms\install\directory.ini you should have text "mods\mecha\" for soldat 1.3 and no text if you have older soldat version. if it's different write there like i described.

numgun
August 20, 2005, 5:32 pm
umm... little bug in readme?(underlined)

Mecha Soldat 2.1

!! Before running mod, change language to english_mecha.txt

This mod changes graphics, sounds and some animations.
Soldiers are now mechs similar to those from Gundam or Heavy Gear.

Mecha Soldat 1.9 includes:
-Soldat 1.3 and previous versions compatible install (uninstall capability for versions older than 1.3)
-Modified Soldier and weapon graphics/sounds
-36 new bots
-Two new dm/tm/rm/pm map (MS_Asteroids2, MS_Invaded)
-Modified standard interface
-Variable Custom Interface
-Alterative sets of weapons for the mod and program to switch between them(Mechwarrior,Gundam and Shogo Weapon Packs included).
-Alterative sets of "gostek" graphics
-Two selectable sound packs (Mechwarrior soundpack included)

Run MS_config.exe to customize your weapon set, and interface settings.

for zombie servers- bot named Zaku, designed for the green team
command:
/addbot4 zaku

Mod is playable online.
To uninstall mod, run "Mecha Soldat Uninstall.exe" then remove the MS catalog in soldat directory. Additional maps and custom interface have to be removed manually.

Have fun :)

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 20, 2005, 5:51 pm
Heheh XD, well my mistake.

[Edit] (to post below)
If the program is working without any error message, and you only can;t see the pictures, it means that your system lacks something, delphi compilations are using to display them. I'll try to find out what's that, and post if i figure it out.
[/Edit]

totalcommander
August 21, 2005, 1:18 pm
why does the weapons and gosteks and all your other great stuff, not show up in the editor??

im installing it on 1.3 and im unregistered, why does things not show up??

-Total Commander

August 21, 2005, 1:34 pm
Lessee, did u put it in the mods folder?

numgun
August 21, 2005, 3:38 pm
btw ivan, are u gonna make weapons.ini files for the mod?

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 21, 2005, 4:14 pm
Yeah, in the future i surely will. not with as much variety as i wanted before (law type rocket and m79 buiiets always kills on impact- this makes using them unbalanced). And also i'll probably add some ew mech' types(i mean non-humanoidal) like this one:
[IMAGE]
I hope there will be some ppl who'll like this idea:P altrough its a bit freaky:P

August 21, 2005, 4:29 pm
AWESOME!!!!1!!!!111

work on teh legs, but other than that,

AWESOME!!!!1!!!!111

mata_bun
August 22, 2005, 4:30 pm
Yeah, with the changing team alpha and bravos different gosteks, It doesnt show up for me. Im probably not reading something, but yeah. Everything else shows up though.

EDIT: never mind... Ive been doing work in 1.2.1 still. All bettar. ^.^

b_b_b
August 24, 2005, 8:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by maulerThe mod is excellent, besides, the game (1.3+) allows further customization of the weapons, you can change the damage, fire rate, ammo, proyectile, etc.
with some additions the game could be different with each weapon
:D

hmm yes, but then you couldn`t play soldat on multiplayer.

numgun
August 24, 2005, 8:55 pm
oh yes u can: host a server doofus!

mata_bun
August 25, 2005, 1:14 am
Th alien thing is awesome. Alpha= Humans Bravo = Aliens. Rock, rock on.

Cybersaint2k
August 25, 2005, 1:22 pm
Ivan, I just wanted to thank you for your hard work. You are just the sort of psycho we need around here.

The laser makes the ruger, even the new version, much nicer to use.

GAMEOVER
August 25, 2005, 1:40 pm
You plan on making other mods?

Ivan_the_Psycho
August 25, 2005, 1:57 pm
Yes. A "heretic" mod. if someone don't remember what was that game:
[IMAGE]

[Edit] Heheh, i think there's a lot of non-fantasy and non-sf mods. I don't want to collide with other moders, so i leave this kind of mods to them. However i'm currently trying to make smaller version of my config program, that could be sed with any mod to switch weapons, gosteks, etc. [/Edit]

GAMEOVER
August 25, 2005, 1:58 pm
Make a mod that is a little less fantasy like ;]

numgun
August 25, 2005, 2:54 pm
heretic? i remember a ´´doomish´´ game called heretic some years ago... it was so doomish...

August 25, 2005, 3:13 pm
@ivan the psycho:

that, would be...awesome... any mod would have variables. Multiple modders could work on a single mod that has hundreds of guns, and you can customise them. You could write a program that re-writes the weapons.ini for the selection of weapons. Just imagine...

A good mecha game would be armoured core: last raven. it looks amazing, but it usually uses the same weaps as the older versions.

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 4:47 am
The Lord saw what had been laid before him, and the Lord saw that it was good.

But yeah, seriously, this mod is totally flipping awesome. I just wish the Laser Baton was animated, seeing how it'd be really, really neat for it to turn on when you use it, and have it as just the hilt when it's not being "fired." Is animating the chainsaw even possible though?

Anyway, grading this mod on a scale would be completely pointless; this is the kind of mod you base the scale off of! It's the mod by which all others are compared.

August 26, 2005, 6:27 am
Yes... i did it with my physcannon, check it out in server discussions.

Im trying to animate the knif to do slashing movements...

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 12:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ivan_the_PsychoHowever i'm currently trying to make smaller version of my config program, that could be used with any mod to switch weapons, gosteks, etc.

Faaaaaaaaantastic :D

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 10:32 pm
wow, nice

1st post in forever!!!

Shivorken
August 29, 2005, 10:51 am
quote:Originally posted by Stalkyquote:Originally posted by Ivan_the_PsychoHowever i'm currently trying to make smaller version of my config program, that could be used with any mod to switch weapons, gosteks, etc.

Faaaaaaaaantastic :D

Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

numgun
September 2, 2005, 4:05 pm
this mod is just so awesome and it keeps getting better... so, ivan, can u make mecha wings for gosteks? doesnt matter if it wouldnt work online. pls? (i´ve been watching gundams : D )

some_random_loser
September 7, 2005, 8:54 am
Awesome mod
Gonna do an Armoured Core weapon set? :p

sneakbyte
September 9, 2005, 10:48 am
This really deserves to be in the Total mod conversion since everything is done 5/5 Ivan!

September 9, 2005, 11:30 am
d00d... we know its good. leave it here to pave the way for new modders.

And i don't want it to move, i need refs for tweakin the config.

KorJax
September 10, 2005, 12:50 am
Ive read the first page so sorry in advance ;)

Since march, have the mech sizes been changed/messed around? Im a good MW fan, and i think mechs that are small/have scenery the size of you in most maps makes the gostek's look bad traditionally. After all, in the MW universe, BattleMechs are 40ft tall war machines, that are as big/larger/half size of whole buildings. If soldat were capable of having larger gostek's however and not screwing up gameplay/looks/maps, then this would be GREAT for me :D (please tell me this is possible :) )

In other words, the mod looks great, but i dont think that it fits Soldat very well :\

Ivan_the_Psycho
September 10, 2005, 2:55 am
As for the size- It is possible actually, but this requires moding the animations = mod won't be playable online. As for the size..it's the matter of imagination you know... When there are some not fitting well scenery like beds on equinox it can be distracting, but thats why i added few maps - like invaded - it's based almost completely on what i remember from several mechwarrior 2 missions (except sewers). And soldat itself makes it impossible to make the mod 100% battletech-like. Mechs doesnt flip, crawl etc..but i'm trying to do as much i can. Maybe if MM will make soldat an opensource i can make it "realistic".

Armored core weaponset? Yeah i would do that, if i ever played the game.. i heard a lot about it, but is there a PC version? If there is, i could try to find it somewhere familiarise with it..

September 10, 2005, 10:21 am
Okz, lemme help... Ill go see if i can dig up a copy of my faithful silent line and try to match the weaps to the soldat weap scheme... but the grenade launcher will suck.... it always did.

sneakbyte
September 10, 2005, 11:27 am
I am having a problem with the english_mecha.txt i get These thick |||||||or [][] in some txt places like in some places like these when i use when i use english.txt it goes away i guessing it's missing something from the mecha.txt file? [IMAGE]
^ See

Ivan_the_Psycho
September 10, 2005, 11:46 am
I guess it's because there are some new entries in txt on version 1.3 of soldat. The english_mecha.txt was for 1.2.1. Thx for info, i didnt notice that, it'll be fixed in upcoming version.

[edit] I just need to add some lines that was unpresent in soldat 1.2.1 language txt's, like this one:

"Get the yellow flag and hold it with your team for as long as possible. The team earns 1 point every 5 seconds of holding."

[/edit]

September 10, 2005, 11:49 am
Hmm, how did you edit the txt files so it wouldn't screw the game up?

sneakbyte
September 10, 2005, 12:05 pm
Please upload an updated mecha_english.txt here thanks really appricate it

Ivan_the_Psycho
September 10, 2005, 4:11 pm
[URL]
Here's the fixed txt.

MS 2.2 will be released by the end of September(or sooner).

[edit] Numgun, i havent respond because what i did about wings look really horrible...its hell hard(thats why noone did wings in soldat mod before) but i'll try, though i cant promise anything.
[/edit]

numgun
September 10, 2005, 6:09 pm
how about wings for the mechs like in gundam? (im asking the 2nd time now : /) i dont care if it wont work online, but if it is somehow possible, PLEEASE make em. *whines*

Deleted User
September 10, 2005, 7:24 pm
that would be sweet :D

may i use the textures for a map i'm making(i will give you credit)?
its not really for the mod, but the textures are cool.

-btw the mod is MUCH better than the original game!
-keep up the great work.

Ivan_the_Psycho
September 10, 2005, 7:31 pm
U can use it freely, i dont need any credit (i guess you're about the asteroid texture) because its olny taken from a picture from the internet- i guess it was some mars photo or sometning.

Deleted User
September 10, 2005, 7:33 pm
ok, thanks(i'll say i got the texture form the mod)

September 11, 2005, 1:13 am
Ivan... honestly, how did u do it so that it wouldn't screw up the game text?

Everytime it changes.... the game is screwed...

Ivan_the_Psycho
September 11, 2005, 2:17 am
I told that before;p I was doing it for 1.2.1, in 1.3 there are more lines (like those for hold the flag mode), so just use this one from the link below
[URL]
It works properly.
And honestly..i've just forgotten to change it in the mod:P Next version will have it fixed.

[edit] Shirvoken- yes i am:) I guess most of stuff from MS_config will be useless to most mods, i think primary, secondary weapons and gosteks change will be enough (never saw a mod with multiple explosions, heads, soundsets...etc)
And i've also finished elite gostek, i'll send it to ya in upcoming week.
[/edit]

Shivorken
September 11, 2005, 4:54 am
Hey Ivan, ur workin on the smaller version of your config program so that everyone can use it rite? :D

EDIT:
And i've also finished elite gostek, i'll send it to ya in upcoming week.

OMG!!! thank you sooo much Ivan! ur the best :D

and plz send to shadowguardian89@gmail.com

Cheerz mate!

Shivorken

Kultfire
September 12, 2005, 9:29 pm
Umm :( This mod looks freakin fantastic!!!!! But..when I try and run it..or try and run the MS_Config.exe, it says file not found :( I tried deleting the shortcut but it still says it. Please help me :)

Lmao, oh..I guess it isn't just me? SOrry I didn't even read this page..just page 1..and..lol..sorry..well..what should I do then?
My email is in my profile if you need to send me something :S

Ivan_the_Psycho
September 13, 2005, 8:23 am
Ok, maybe it's because you've installed the whole mod in mods\"name" directory. When install asks you where to install you should just write the soldat directory(for instance c:\soldat AND NOT c:\soldat\mods\........ ), it will automaticly arrange all needed files to the mods\mecha folder.After install you should find new MS directory, ms_config exe and ms.ini. If those are in there. If they are there it just MUST work...just run ms_config, and then the shortcut on desktop. If not then i have no idea why;/ For most people it works without problems

[edit]I know bout the bug that doesnt change nades...i fixed it for 2.2 already.. If you want to fix it, just delete all nade bitmaps from ms\interface\pictures\ or just from the one you'rs selecting. Because i set the wrong priority, it first changes the nades to selected from weapons manu, and after that it copies all custom-gfx pics (including nades from there;P) Also i'm surprised nobody noticed a bug which makes team 2 legs change incorrectly:P just about week or two and new working fine mod will be ready And it will have lots of gosteks. I wont give screens to prevent ppl from thinking all of the features are already released;P[/edit]

September 13, 2005, 8:27 am
ivan, we still have that little bug with the interface and all.... the nades keep popping up. Im working on something to cure it, want me to post it up? it should be for default soldat.

And I had to use a different method, manually copying... doesn't work for me

numgun
September 25, 2005, 11:17 am
oh boy... its almost here : D

Deleted User
October 2, 2005, 9:06 pm
The end of your post should be like this:
It's done when it's done.

And nice mod btw...

Le Ti Jian
October 3, 2005, 4:27 pm
Bloody hell. Lookin` good, man. I think this one takes #1 as the best Soldat Mod I've seen so far!

EDIT: I've been working on some customised weapon stats. So far I have the SRM shooting rockets! (Nasty) And a few other minor and totally unbalanced settings.

poohpoohface
October 13, 2005, 9:15 pm
hey phyco how did you make your own soldat
when i downloaded it i still had my original soldat and there was also a other soldat im just wondering how you did it cuzz when i make my mod i have to chnage my original soldat with really sucks

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 15, 2005, 3:16 pm
Greetings all visitors. I know it's a bit late but here it is- version 2.2 (Download on 1st page).I waited long cause i wanted it to look as i planned.
whats new:

modified (themed) config:

[IMAGE]

some features added to manager, like changable standarsd interface. Here are some of them:
[IMAGE]

added 2 new weaponsets (Starsiege and Alien). All weapons in the mod now has modified stats. Config will automaticly arrange them to weapons.ini in mods/mecha directory. Full list of primary and seondary weapons is like this:
[IMAGE]

And of course a big load of gostek graphics. Now it presents 17 upper parts, 14 lower parts + multiple head sets. Most new gosteks are more "mech'ish" which means they look less huanoidal:P , however , how strenge it would like it's still playable online. If you dont know what i mean check "arachnus "legs ;] Also take a look at my current avatar- its one of the gostek from 2.2.
Heads are assigned along with classes i attached to each upper set, which gives different heads for different upper parts. It's hard to explain- if you launch config, you'll get what i'm talking about.

+ some install improvements- your standard interface before install will be saved as "before MS" and can also be chosen using config. After uninstall it will bring it back where it belongs, giving you your Soldat same as it was before install.
New important feature to config is "check for updates". i think there's noo need to tell you what it is for;p

As a tease here are some of my inspirations while making gosteks:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

I hope you'll enjoy new version. Have fun everyone.

October 15, 2005, 4:28 pm
ohmygodohmygodohmygod...

Breathe, breathe

this mod is so... bloody... awesome

Keep it up!

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 4:37 pm
Goddamn man, You just keep making this mod secksier everytime I look...

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 4:45 pm
WOOT!
fun as heck!

bug:if you aim the hornet into the ground and fire, it'll shoot rapidly with no reload, until you hit the ground

SERIAL KILLeR
October 15, 2005, 4:48 pm
Great mod !!!!!!!! So many things changed! took like 15 minutes to extract all the files :o
I love the new weapon mods and gosteks! lol at the dragon gostek.
Lol nice how the bullets/arrows stay on the polygons.

*Updated version on [URL]*

[edit]
Found some problesm:
The "play MS" button doesnt work for me. Forgot .exe on soldat one the .bat.
use (start "" "soldat.exe" -mod mecha) then it'lll automaticly close after launching soldat. It seems to work afterall for me. I just was to impatient i guess :]And there's a space in \Soldat\MS\interface\Indicator\Arrow - Yellow\Arrow .bmpWhen chosing Alien for gostek Mecha Top i get "file not found" *Fixed*

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 15, 2005, 4:59 pm
Thx SerialKiller;]
heheh, when install opens it says "(...)If you have previous version of mod installed, remove your old MS dir in order for mod to work properly.(...)"- thats for not working alien top (i renamed it in 2.2 to "guardian" - just delete the alien if you installed on older MS.

for me bat works without .exe, but thx for notice. ill add it in additional downloads. ok:)

As for bug- i can do nothing about it unfortunately. It only shows that strange things can happen when modyfying weapons in 1.3;/

[edit]

Spartan- assault rifle wasn't in shogo:P i made this one using modified sniper rifle sound.

poohpoohface- just insert all modified files in folder mods\mecha\xxx (xxx- presents mod name) and then create shortcut soldat.exe -mod xxx. Read on the forums about changes in soldat 1.3, and how to make mods under soldat1.3.

[/edit]

October 15, 2005, 5:01 pm
ur ERPPC is nice, but is going to fast...

SPARTAN_III
October 15, 2005, 5:01 pm
ho
ly
[CENSORED]
ing
[CENSORED]

you, sir, are a diety. i worship you.

oh, has anyone noticed that 2 of the majorly 1337 people on this forum are polish?

but which assault rifle is that on teh shogo set? its not the human one, i am not sure which one it is.

numgun
October 15, 2005, 5:06 pm
OMFG!!!!!!111111oneoneoneeleven!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED]!!!!!!!
WOHAAAA!!!!!!
F U C K Y E A H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*EXPLODES VIOLENTLY*

Silent Soldier
October 15, 2005, 6:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by SwebonnyHOLY ALUBAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 7:47 pm
That if pretty dang good.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 8:42 pm
omfg! Great job!

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 11:25 pm
I must suggest that any of you ladies out there keep their distance from this mod, because it's so totally freaking awesome that it will disrupt the fabric of reality and inseminate you.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 11:31 pm
lol, great mod though :P

October 16, 2005, 1:43 am
YoMamasMama, i completely agree with you... but we still have to fix the weapons.ini file... stupid EMP won't KILL PEOPLE AT CLOSE RANGE! GAH!

also, i rlly don't think you should have made the weapons changer so... complicated... now i can't upload my own weaps...

Hoodlum
October 16, 2005, 1:53 am
By far this is the best and most worked on mod.

SPARTAN_III
October 16, 2005, 4:06 am
for the shogo weapset, can u make the human AR? i frikkin loved that weapon...too bad evil monolith has discontinued shogo and the demo desnt let u get the AR >:(

SPARTAN_III
October 16, 2005, 4:16 am
did you fix the fire rate and damage for the sniper? it's meant to be automatic with medium damage-like a 5 hit kill

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 16, 2005, 10:09 am
The weapon changer isn't that complicated. For exapmle this is part of weapons.ini with DE:

[Desert Eagles]
Damage=176
FireInterval=23
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=103
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

and here's how it must be in stats ini in my mod

[Desert Eagles]**
176 ***

*(blahblah-note, if thee's no "spceicl effects like in EMP, or hornet missle it shhould be just "None")

** {this line is here just to ensure you have the right weapon stats}

*** here are stars just like in weapons ini, just "ammo=", "bink=" etc, have been deleted, so that just NUMBERS stay. Best to make it is to modify in weaponseditor and copy this 10 lines associated with weapon from weapons.ini to stats.ini

As for sniper rifle- thats why i did assault rifle, cause in shogo it has 2 firemodes, i let the sniper rifle be slow sniper rifle likie the name says, and assault rifle like sniper was in shogo in rapidfire mod.
However i agree that i may not have balanced all the weapons , but well...i dont have much experience in weaponsmod (1.3 is still young..) My goal while moding weapon stats was to make them all bit weaker to accent that Mech's are heavily armored.. EMP for example takes 3-6 shots to kill (it's possible with 2 i suppose but it has to be fired directly in legs while opponent's on the ground). But if someone has better ideas, change the numbers and feel free to post your modified weapstats from my mod.

N1nj@
October 16, 2005, 1:52 pm
Ivan_the_Psycho: you always gets my support for this mod =)

heres the mirror link: http://smaps.llsc.us/pafiledb/uploads/Mecha%20Soldat%202.2.exe

Aquarius
October 16, 2005, 2:21 pm
INCREDIBLE!

GAMEOVER
October 16, 2005, 5:30 pm
You've gotta be done with this mod cus its just too insane, theres nothing you can improve. Start another project and make somethin not so scifi xD hope to see something else from you in the near future.

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
October 16, 2005, 8:43 pm
am i [CENSORED]ing blind or there is no ms_config file?

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 9:09 pm
when you open it you config it...
stupid...

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
October 16, 2005, 9:14 pm
open what? :)

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Pero -check in soldat dorectory- you should find "MS_Config.exe" there. Or just look on your pulpit and launch shortcut named "Mecha Soldat Mod 2.2"-its for the config.
Spyder -TY for mirroring:)
others- thx for comments guys, its your positive words during the last half of a year, that still drives me to make this mod better.

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 9:52 pm
Ivan, I love you,OH no wait i mean i love version 2.2(especially since you make full alien set!!!!)

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 8:43 am
lolz roflmao...

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 3:28 pm
I've installed the mod but it claims that I missed something so I can't open the config correctly.
The names in the combobox becomes "ComboBox"s. What should I do to fix it?

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 17, 2005, 5:15 pm
Ehh...make sure you installed into "soldat\" directory AND NOT into "soldat\mods\something". It will not destroy your orginal soldat, it wil arrange needed files into mod folder automaticly.

Keron Cyst
October 17, 2005, 6:27 pm
Eh... I installed it once, and it worketh fine. The only thing I did after playing some stuff (I only toyed with weapon sets, none of the other tabs at the top of the configurations) was create a test texture, its edge, and a test map. Upon that the .EXE totally screwed up; gameplay was normal but no text at all showed, the five tabs at the top of the game were tiny boxes in the top-left, boxes were all screwed up, etc. I manually deleted and tried reinstalling twice and it still does this. I'm'a try again on a completely fresh copy of Soldat but I was wondering if you have any pointers on this...

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 17, 2005, 6:37 pm
w8, are you talking about the SOldat with mod, or the config program?
If its about game, try changing the languge to english-mecha.

[edit]
Ok i think i remember that the same thing happened to me in the past. It appears when one of essential game files is totally screwed up. For most ppl my mod works fine which means that is not one of my files...i hope;P. It appeared to me when i modified one of the animations, and added 10 extra frames (looks like i've exceeded max frames for this anim). Best thing you can do is to install fresh soldat in new catalog, and then the mod (to check if it's MS's fault) and then copy from your current ms folder any other mods\files you have. This way you should identify what's the purpose of your problem.

[/edit]

Keron Cyst
October 17, 2005, 7:00 pm
MS_Config. That thing itself is normal but the actual Soldat.EXE and its parameter screws up. I never tried changing the language in the first place, when it worked successfully, but I'll try that later...

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 7:38 am
it works completely fine but one thing: y did u make it so that we have to load the MS_config and click play MS b4 i can play with the mod itself? how can i put it back so i can straight away do it without loading MS_config?

October 18, 2005, 8:16 am
you can. Click on mecha.bat in ur soldat directory.. see, you're not as 1337 as you think, are you YUTA?

numgun
October 18, 2005, 1:41 pm
pls make a beam sabre!!!
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

why? coz the energy baton looks wierd... (the colour gradient should be vertical) like its a glow stick or sumthing : P

October 18, 2005, 2:09 pm
energy baton lights crap on fire...

besides, wat if the beam saber activates while inside the casing? it's dangerous

IlIdan
October 19, 2005, 6:15 pm
Damn [CENSORED], it is 1 of the best mods ever.

Much High quality weapons.

I have a Idead for you, use your freetime to go out, only one day :)

Shivorken
October 20, 2005, 3:53 am
Make gundam gosteks Ivan :)

Deleted User
October 20, 2005, 4:23 am
There pretty much already are Gundam gosteks... Especially since there's the headgear and all that stuff.

If any additional gosteks are made (although I wouldn't mind seeing a new mod being worked on instead), I'd love some Megas XLR gosteks, particularly the Glorft.

Man, that show's awesome...

Deleted User
October 20, 2005, 1:30 pm
SOOO ******* COOOOOL MODE MAN!!!!!!!!!(BUT I like More Real Guns...!! )

October 20, 2005, 1:54 pm
oh rlly, now lesee, where do we find real life guns for GIANT ROBOTS/MECHS THAT DON't EVEN EXIST?

numgun
October 20, 2005, 7:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgunpls make a beam sabre!!!
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

why? coz the energy baton looks wierd... (the colour gradient should be vertical) like its a glow stick or sumthing : P

krhm... the BEAM SABRE!

Keron Cyst
October 20, 2005, 8:53 pm
How did you increase the X-Saber Chainsaw distance? Did you just give it really high Speed and endlessly test its distance stretch to fit the length of chainsaw-fire.BMP or what?...

CameronSpawn
October 21, 2005, 3:29 am
dont get mad cause i revived a topic but i have three ideas(amazing mod by the way)

-make a slashing animation for some chainsaw weapons(minor gripe of soldat and mods,only little)
-perhaps in 3 a inf boost mode for space lvls?that would be cool.
-gundam skins(i might have not looked well enough tho,im a noob.)

I love this mod!i agree with a beam saber ^^

Keron Cyst
October 21, 2005, 5:43 am
You can't give the Chainsaw an animation. I know, man (that'd be so 1337)... >.<

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 6:36 am
You can animate the chainsaw--it's just that the normal chainsaw-fire.bmp graphic is all green, so you don't see anything when you use it in-game. Sure, no fancy slashing stuff, but you would still be able to have the thing only show the hilt/handle of the saber until you "activate" it, in which case the actual beam saber would flicker on and off at a rapid pace.

Eh, it's better than nothing.

Shivorken
October 21, 2005, 1:54 pm
Hmmm ... the current gostecks dont look very gundam like :S, it would be awesome if you could make the gundam jet pack thingo as well :D (just for the awesome look)

Dr.Freeman
October 21, 2005, 4:45 pm
i love it. you need to work on a modern war mod now. with this cool manager you have we can pick from crap loads of weapons!

like teh ww3!!111!111!!11!ONE!

[EDIT] I cant install the mod! i open the installer and have it set to install to my /soldat/mods folder. it starts to install but when it gets to the very end it comes up with an error saying "file not found" wtf do i do!?

numgun
October 21, 2005, 4:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dr.Freemanwe can pick from crap loads of weapons!

like teh ww3!!111!111!!11!ONE!

crap loads??? what a [CENSORED]ING NOOB!

AND.... once again... THE BEEEAM SABRE!!!!!!111one

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 21, 2005, 5:34 pm
dr. freeman- omg...Why dont you just read whats said whan you open install? it say INSALL TO SOLDAT DIR, so it sould be soldat\ NOT soldat\mods\!!...it will automaticly put some files so that you will have both mecha and standard soldat.

C'mon ppl, why can't you read those few lines of text why installing?, is it really this much work?? :|

numgun- dude..you're damn impatient;P Ill do the sabre so "don't worry be happy:)" and wait few more days/hours.

keron cyst- yep, that's exacly how i did that chainsaw:P I dont see other way than testing and testing..till it work like it should.

Keron Cyst
October 21, 2005, 6:37 pm
@YoMammasMamma (lol): Oh. I didn't see what you meant. That's not an animation; that's the gunfire flash. An animation is a .POA (e.g. your soldat running, etc.), but there are also .BMP animation chains (the explosion graphic, the Minigun barrel-turning, etc.). The Chainsaw has neither of those, but that's missing the entire point. I get it now.

@Ivan': I didn't know you could stretch the damage distance :-o 1337!!

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 21, 2005, 11:20 pm
as for the gundam jetpack- i find it impossible to do, because of structer of bitmaps on gostek.
there is no way of adding anything to the gostek's back, so no wings, bacpacks etc cant be done without modyfying base animations.

And as for the "config for masses" i promised in the past...
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=28548
-here it is. I think some of you may be interested with it.

numgun
October 21, 2005, 11:23 pm
numgun- dude..you're damn impatient;P Ill do the sabre so "don't worry be happy:)" and wait few more days/hours.

meh... sry, but i reeeally want it : P (too bad i suck in paint myself, coz i got an inaccurate mouse...)

numgun
October 22, 2005, 7:06 pm
ALSO! could u please <--(note: the magic wurd) make a:
TWIN BUSTER RIFLE! as barret? pls?
heres sum pics: (that big gun from gundam wing)
[IMAGE]
SUM INFO: Optional hand armaments: twin buster rifle, can be separated into two separate single-barrel buster rifles, can be stored on shield,
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Seibetsu
October 25, 2005, 11:53 pm
-Dig the mod, just downloaded the newest (2.2) version.
-If you ever decide to say... make a new line of gosteks, like the Gundam or anything others have suggested...
-I know a good mech game you could base the gosteks, and even some of the weapons from.
-The game, Phantom Crash. Underrated as hell.
-I can give pretty much any info you need, and there's alot of it.
-It has everything that could fit into this mod. Custom mechs, hundreds of weapons (obviously not all are going to be used), including melee weapons, good maps...
OTHER THAN THAT.
-The sound, I don't find to be a problem. If you tone your comps volume down a bit, or even Soldats SFX volume, it fits in perfectly, and you'll learen to not even noctice it.
-The two maps are good, but there's a problem with the city map. Bots will camp and not move, so when you're playing with bots, and on survival mode, you might as well restart the match if you die.
-Good customizability, and I dig all the head types and such. Some of the legs look too much like others, but it's not really a problem, just kind of... meeeh...
-Wonderful mod, and I can't wait for the site to be finished, so we can get a crack at more gosteks, weapons, maps, etc.

Keron Cyst
October 26, 2005, 12:42 am
@Seibetsu: you have to tell bots to camp in the map editor waypoints. He obviously wanted them that way, so don't play on Realistic Mode, then...

Seibetsu
October 26, 2005, 1:56 am
@Keron - I know how to do that, I've been making maps for a good while now. And I thought he may have wanted them like that, just noting a bit of a frustrating point in this wonderful mod.

SilentSoulja
October 26, 2005, 2:22 am
looks pretty coll if you ask me

SilentSoulja
October 26, 2005, 3:41 am
i think the cross hairs are a little hard to see i cant really see where i am aiming

numgun
October 26, 2005, 1:10 pm
krhm... the BEAM S... no wait?... oh yea! the TWIN BUSTER RIFLE!!!!!1111oneonetwo2

Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 1:47 pm
This mod is not working on me its says File not found path not found

numgun
October 27, 2005, 3:07 pm
when did it show u that message?
be sure that u removed the old version of the mod! coz that is mostly the reason... at least for me : P

Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 11:15 pm
it workd with both for me :D

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 12:16 pm
I dunno how Ivan can do that much things in mod. Great job yr mod is cool but weapons are too weak.

PS You crazy, to work thatt much.

numgun
October 31, 2005, 4:58 pm
they are ment to be weak: ur soldats are turned into heavy mechs!

Keron Cyst
October 31, 2005, 8:30 pm
MechWarrior set on an inf. zombie map is hard :-D

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 5:03 pm
bump and does this mod still replace the bots? (I want zombie matches!1)

Echo_Trail
November 3, 2005, 5:58 pm
i don't know what to say.. this is amazing!

Echo_Trail
November 3, 2005, 8:24 pm
when i create a dedicated server, i can't join it myself.. anyone knows why?

Keron Cyst
November 4, 2005, 12:03 am
quote:Originally posted by Psycho... does this mod still replace the bots? (I want zombie matches!1)

What do you mean? I just play with Boogie Man bots...

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 1:03 am
how do you start the mod without opening the dam mech soldat thing?

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 5:55 am
Just create a .bat file using Notepad. All it needs to say is the following:
quote:Soldat.exe -mod Mecha

exit
Just save it as WhateverYouWant.bat (the ".bat" is mandatory), with "all files" selected as the file type, directly into your Soldat folder. Then, you can make a shortcut to it so you can access it quickly through the Start Menu or whatever.

numgun
November 5, 2005, 10:09 pm
weee... this mod finally got into the totally 1337 forum!
btw, next ver coming up? im still drooling for ur stuff ivan ; )

UGK
November 6, 2005, 1:28 am
Holy Crap this Looks good! *d/Ls

mata_bun
November 6, 2005, 7:41 pm
I haven't checked in in a while, but HOLY FREAKING CRAP. Amazing. Astounding. Never cease to suprise me. Love the weapon sets and interfaces... I would use this if my computer weren't so broken it doesn't play soldat anymore.

Alon
November 15, 2005, 9:37 pm
OMFG!! Ivan the Psyco for president!!! The hottest mod i've ever seen!!

Dumbass
November 22, 2005, 3:01 am
Wow...This mod IS 1337.
for this I salute you.
*salute*
Now all we need is an Advance Wars mod and the world will be perfect!

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 7:23 pm
this mod is teh roxorzz, but i dont like that there is barely any ammo in the guns and the reload time is too slow!
how can u edit the ammo options like in the soldat thing weapons.ini????
cuz it needs more AMMO!!!!!

Dumbass
November 25, 2005, 6:00 pm
It's perfectly balanced, the low ammo offesets the higher offensive ratings. <.<

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 10:25 pm
Ivan if you add the buster rifle from numguns rippoff of your mod ill be your unholy servant of the night :P

November 30, 2005, 10:50 am
Stfu taal, numgun's mod wasn't a ripoff. He placed credit where due AND DID 90% OF THE WEAPONS BY HIMSELF. LAY OFF NUMGUN.

Ivan_the_Psycho
November 30, 2005, 12:47 pm
I do not consider Gundam Mod as a ripoff. The credit is present so everything's in order. Besides its only gostek graphic made by me (sounds are not made by me, i only gathered them from various games so...). And pls lets not speak of ths mod on MS topic. This one is big enough already, so lets the Gundam mod topic grow a little :P.
As for bustr rifle - i wont add someone else's work to my mod cause then it will loose its independency. When soldat 1.3.1 is out Mecha Soldat 2.3 will also be uploaded, with new section in config to add/edit weapons in the mod, along with WM statistics, so if someone wants more ammo, damage etc. it can now be changed from the stock settings. Also some other new sections is planned (bot editor, sound editor, player editor) And please untill 2.3 is ready hold on with commenting features i told right now, unless you have any creative ideas what should i implement.

As for now i'm waiting patiently for new ver. of soldat so i could adjust config to it (at last proper helmets and some others..)

I'm glad you peaple enjoy the mod and i promise it will be updated from time to time, just like it was during the last year.

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 7:07 am
my use of the word rip-off was merely a joke, i respect numguns creation in everyway. im cursed to be australian and get a little carried away sdome times :P. i look forward to your updates and new features

December 1, 2005, 7:34 am
ah k.

Well, actually, ivan, can you make a few other models for the mechwarrior-themed mechs? Like avatar, vulture, puma, and some others which i can't quite remember..

numgun
December 1, 2005, 10:06 am
quote:Originally posted by Taal im cursed to be australian and get a little carried away sdome times :P.

say whatever u want, but i luv australia anyway! =D

i really wonder what the next version of this mod will include...

~AcE~
December 3, 2005, 4:54 am
Australia?
Canada all the way, man.

Downloading now. So far: Pwnz0rz....
Stupid connection... Can't get anything higher than 26k out here in the middle of nowhere. I'll edit in my comments later, maybe about 3 hours from now. T.T

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 4:58 am
lol XD
its well worth the wait :D

~AcE~
December 4, 2005, 6:33 am
~ass-scoots about the floor~
I love this mod!
Ratings:

[Graphics]
Gosteks: 9/10
Weapons: 9/10
Effects: 9/10
Landscape: 8/10
Gameplay: N/A

[Design]
Gosteks: 8/10
Weapons: 9/10
Effects: 7/10 (Mostly just discolored explosions.)
Landscape: 8/10 (Seen something like the Asteroids one before.)
Gameplay: 8.5/10 (Mech and robo mods are overused, but this mod really puts them all in shame.)

[Sound]
Gosteks: N/A
Weapons: 8/10
Effects: 7/10 (Explosion sound used for all explosions.)
Landscape: N/A
Gameplay: N/A

[Overall]
Gosteks:85
Weapons:90
Effects:80
Landscape:80
Gameplay:85 (Loved it, but I've seen it before.)

---
Truly you have talent. Or too much time. Or both.
But we don't care, as long as you keep churning out stuff like this!
"R-E-S-P-E-C-K"
"You've earned-yer RESPECK from MAY"

antiCamper
December 5, 2005, 4:55 am
Good job "Ivan_the_Psycho" !

darkmatie
December 7, 2005, 6:24 pm
not going to waste alot words on this but ; THIS MOD OWNS

Colonol Roy Mustang
December 17, 2005, 6:30 am
this is going to take me 6 hours... but it looks like its worth it

numgun
December 17, 2005, 11:58 am
...6 hours? sucky internet connection u got there :P

Deleted User
December 23, 2005, 6:48 pm
Ivan ? Are u making any updates ?
Do u know the release date ?
Or Im asking just too yearly.

Ivan_the_Psycho
December 23, 2005, 7:02 pm
Update is comming...soon. I wont give any date cause i'm just not sure how many days is will it take:P But i think it's the only matter of days cause i plan it to be ready before 2006.

Again thx for all comments, and be ready to receive more of this mod soon. Merry Christmas to you everyone.

Deleted User
December 23, 2005, 7:44 pm
Woot!!!
merry cristmas to all and to all a new mech :P

numgun
December 25, 2005, 5:04 pm
make me a present!
-ur version of the buster rifle! please =D

merry x-mass and happeh new year!

EDIT: there are 2 diffirent buster rifles in the gundam wing series:

single buster rifle (what i want u to make)

twin buster rifle (what i made,i just renamed it)

comrade8ken
December 27, 2005, 3:36 am
good mod all around easy too use and its somthing to have on soldat to make you really get back to the game after the default has lost its lust

Kartoffel
January 3, 2006, 11:23 am
I'm very sad... i've download the mod and it doesn't work with 1.3.1 ... But Ivan , you have allready said , the mod would be finish at 2006! So I'm waiting and hoping , that it comes fast :)

numgun
January 3, 2006, 3:33 pm
did u RTFM?

and wheres tha 2.3? im reeally wanting it dude

rabidhamster
January 7, 2006, 7:47 pm
i can't wait for the next version... i pray that each weapon will have its own modded characteristics, all balanced. but that would be asking for too much... or would it? *plays stupid oooooooh eeeeeeeeeeee oooooooooh music thing*

GAMEOVER
January 7, 2006, 11:43 pm
IVAN: argh, it kills me to see someone with the skill you have only stick with 1 mod id love to see just 1 modern firearms mod from you.

Ivan_the_Psycho
January 8, 2006, 12:43 am
it'll be going out today or tomorrow, and this time for sure. Untill then, please maintain radio silence about "when it's comming out";] And as for other mods...there actually two reasons.
1) if i did more mods, for example 2, each of them would be 1/2 worse than this one. I spend all time i can on this one, so that it still evolves. And actually..this mod is ME.
2)Isn't all those modern mods that are out enough for you? There is lot of em, and i think espetially Spec ops mod is enough to satisfy any of this kind's fans. I personally dont like the idea of modern-armed soldier flying on jetpacks in his boots... futuristic robot with this kind of equipment seems more "realistic" to me:P.
The 2.3 is phisically ready right now, but i wantto test new config in all ways possible, so that it wouldn't cause any more crashes :) See you all tomorrow.

numgun
January 8, 2006, 7:11 pm
WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

and yes, there are already lots of those WW2 and other modern weapons!
im really happy that ivan still continues evolving this mod, coz im a big fan of gundam and mechwarrior 3. there arent many of these mods and if there will be atleast 1 then let it be 1337er than any other mod.

keep it up ivan! ;)

rabidhamster
January 9, 2006, 1:13 am
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsteri pray that each weapon will have its own modded characteristics, all balanced. but that would be asking for too much... or would it? *plays stupid oooooooh eeeeeeeeeeee oooooooooh music thing*
so... is this implemented? i guess i'll have to find out tomorrow... *plays stupid oooooooh eeeeeeeeeeee oooooooooh music thing AGAIN*

Shivorken
January 9, 2006, 3:05 am
Hmm, Ivan, if you can/are good at editing the poa files, can u make it more robot like? cuz at the moment, the robots moves are to smooth especially the legs (looks retarded when running sorta)

GAMEOVER
January 9, 2006, 7:02 am
No there isnt enough modern weap mods and all the 1s out look way diff, every modder has their own version you could make unique weapons. So what if you make others mods and they dont live up to this 1 it doesnt take anything away from you as a modder if anything it makes you a BETTER modder. A LOT of us arent into this sci fi stuff and I bet a lot of people would agree theyd like to see another mod from you I KNOW you could pull it off so why not give it a shot? I mean I really wanna see a modern weapons mod from you. This mod should be done with imo :l

Look at Serial Killer 1 of the reasons he is the best modder imo is not only cus of his skill but the different flavors he produces mods in. I dont care for every single mod he makes I dont care for half of them but he has his own unique style and no mod could take that away from him. It seriously makes me sick to see so much talent get thrown away. I dont mean any offense to you whatsoever I just really REALLY want to see something else from you and I bet most if not all agree.

Ivan_the_Psycho
January 9, 2006, 6:52 pm
;/ ;/ ;/

Well GAMEOVER, you'll probably see other mod from me in the future... but far future. as for now..i'm literally S>C>R>E>W'D. I know how it may sound but...My disk was destroyed..i lost the config project...and everything. This is just too much coincidences to be just bad luck. I'll may be rebuilding it someday...sorry guys. im especially pissed cause i had everything almost done...but had no backup. If you get bored with 2.2 i see no other way for now than switching to other mod.. I cant promise anything about when i do something more for this. i feel like [CENSORED].

Now i'll go and do what a disgraced warrior should do
/mercy

Thank you all for your support during the last year. I hope i'll find enough inner strengh and time to reactivate this project. ou probably wont hear anything from me for next few months. If you want to help me....pray for my soul. Good gaming to you all.

P.S. to MOD - pls dont bother to lock this topic if it gets spammy.

numgun
January 9, 2006, 10:53 pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *read in slow-mo*

*has a heart attack* *explodes*

how did it excatly crash? ur comp is broken completely?
is it a virus?

if yes,then do the ''system restore'' thingy and it should restore ur comp to what it was!

please dunt give up man!

Ivan_the_Psycho
January 12, 2006, 5:53 pm
Something has occured, which i would call 'A MIRACLE'. I managed to recover some of the files from my crashed harddrive, including -almost- latest version of everything i've done before te crash. So then i got it all together to give you this:

MECHA SOLDAT MOD 2.3
(download on first page / or using CHECK FOR UPDATES in config if you have MS 2.2 installed)

[IMAGE]

as you can see on the pics the config now consists of 10 sections. Here are some background on each of them:

WEAPONS - almost the same as in 2.2, added UNARMED icon selecion and alterntive pic to choose from

MECHA - No visual changes, added some new mech' parts, (now 25 upper parts, 17 lower parts + few new heads)

GFX - Added <animate> button for preview of the choosen explosion animation + added several new explosion (converted from FREESPACE2 space-sim)

INTERFACE - nothing new, just few more crosshairs to choose

CUSTOM-INTERFACE - added new box in the corner- with ability to apply interface settings(nades gfx, crosshair, indicator) to other custom-int's independant from MS mod.

PLAYER SETUP - here you can edit your player's profile, choose everything like head style , colors etc (just like in soldat + freedom in head color selection) along with the pofile's taunts editor.

BOTS MANAGER - here you can freely edit/create/delete bots. Also an option to disable/enable bot if you wish to hide some bots, without deleting them.

WEAPON EDITOR - If you find my weapon stats unbalanced/underpowered etc -here you can change each weapons statistics, like you want, so the final word on weapons is YOURS.

CONFIG SETUP - Some config options to set here, also added ability to choose bacground picture from bitmap/jpg, i u're bored with the default one

ABOUT MECHA SOLDAT- nochanges since 2.2 -Basic information about the mod version, and update mod option, for downloading the latest version without searching fr it on forums;)

Additionally - fixed some bugs from 2.2,at last proper helmet/hat changing, few new custom interface mech pics, and about 15 new weapons, and RESHADED Mechwarrior weapon set. I'd make a picture for new weaps, but my system is currently half-dead.

[edit]

And here's the new weapons pic:
[IMAGE]

[/edit]
I hope you'll enhoy this one, cause it'll take some time for me to rebuild source code of config. Have a good new year with new MS.

Sowaka
January 12, 2006, 6:14 pm
Great work! Iv been looking forward to this and cant wait to try it out. Currently at school so I gotta wait a few hours to get home and use it >_>;;

And good luck with your computer... sounds like its on the virge of blowing up XD

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 9:05 pm
Yea! Ivan God Blessed u.
Good job.

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 3:43 pm
yay :D
for some reason, my wm isn't working, it just doesn't :?
any ideas?

Ivan_the_Psycho
January 13, 2006, 6:41 pm
It should... are you sure you checked "USE MODIFIED WEAPONS" in config setup section? Or maybe by YOUR wm you mean those from weapon editor...then you just have to remember to [SAVE CHANGES] to current weapon stats and then [APPLY] for the whole wm file to be applied along with all other config settings.

Deleted User
January 14, 2006, 2:11 am
theres a check box?

EDIT:thanks, i got it.

nfsjunkie91
January 14, 2006, 3:25 am
Hurrah! now i gotta go copy my soldat folder over again, because i don't want my files overwritten. :P excellent work as always 007... uhh Ivan. hehe..

Deleted User
January 14, 2006, 6:44 pm
Ivan, in 1.3.1 both teams can have different helmets and hats.

I like the new liquid weapons, but I really think you did an awesome job of updating the older ones with nice, metallic shading. Keep it up.

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 1:14 am
...It's like this mod refuses to disapoint me :\

Ivan_the_Psycho
January 15, 2006, 2:13 am
aznbl00d: I know that.... and because of 1.3 couldnt do that, i added some (inferior) system of changing helmets to prevent walkers having head. It was supposed to give NO HELMET to both teams if they were not both humanoidal...but in practice it showed almost useless...i must have done something wrong. But now since its normal like all heads, i just had to make it do this normal. MS 2.2 DID NOT wor properly with helmets in soldat 1.3.1

Mister Angry: Is that bad? ;)

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 2:28 am
still kickass. and I like the new weapons :D

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 2:51 am
quote:Originally posted by Ivan_the_Psychoaznbl00d: I know that.... and because of 1.3 couldnt do that, i added some (inferior) system of changing helmets to prevent walkers having head. It was supposed to give NO HELMET to both teams if they were not both humanoidal...but in practice it showed almost useless...i must have done something wrong. But now since its normal like all heads, i just had to make it do this normal. MS 2.2 DID NOT wor properly with helmets in soldat 1.3.1

Mister Angry: Is that bad? ;)

Oh I see. Well, the best of luck to you. And I'm in love with the liquid weapons. The stats are wonderful.

numgun
January 15, 2006, 10:37 pm
*heart pounding*

there is a god.... and he is called ivan_the_psycho!

what did u not recover btw?

Ivan_the_Psycho
January 15, 2006, 11:32 pm
the source code... this means i will have to write the whole config from scratch if i want to improve it...this may take a while.

and pls dont call me like that, its a SIN! XD

numgun
January 16, 2006, 4:29 am
blah stfu, u rock man! >=D
the new config has about everything u need! now u dont have to use seperate programs to change things. u have plans for the next version btw?

at 17.01.2006 ill get finally back from my vacation and my gundam mod will be back in progress.thx for the gosteks again, cant wait to try it out!

!REQUEST!
can u make this: single buster rifle
the gundam series had 2 buster rifles in it just for u al to know.
i dont have this gun in my mod (i made the ''twin buster rifle'')
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
!REQUEST!

Ivan_the_Psycho
January 20, 2006, 9:50 pm
Ok i'll do it in next release. Now i dont have much time but in month or two i'll have some. Now i have an examination time (dunno how to call it...). I can only say that i finally managed to extract sounds from heavy gear 2...and this means new weaponset and probably a soundset in nearest future.

P.S. Sorry for bumping this, i had to rehost screens from 1-st page.

numgun
January 21, 2006, 6:17 pm
*finally gets to test the new version*

amagad... this version beats them all!
-the wide selection of other gosteks.
-the fire that comes out of the mech when blown. (awesome idea)
-the amazing config.
-all weapons are so perfect... (still cant understand how u made them =/)
-cant think of anything else coz its so 1337. xD

small problems:
-the red beam sabre looks like a lollipop in game coz its too short ---> make it longer
-the walking animation u made for the walker mechs looks stupid on gundams. nevermind, the legs were just a little too long and they seemed like they were broken. (u didnt do any walking anim! GAH.)

P.S. do you have to press apply separetly in each section of the config to change the things ingame?

osirisiriso
January 22, 2006, 4:08 pm
how to run this mod?
need i replace all the old files by the mod?
when i finished the self -extract,it said "setup not found"
and when i run the mecha solda.bat,it said"bad command or file name"
why was that?thanks

Ivan_the_Psycho
January 22, 2006, 4:52 pm
if you have soldat installation in c:\soldat you should type in the extraction install c:\soldat (not c:\sodlat\mods....). Your old installation soldat files will be safe, install will automaticly place MS mod in mods\mecha, only unregged interface ill be replaced, however you will be able to make it same as it was before install. if you dont want to risk , make anothrr soldat installation nd install the mot there...just remember C:\SOLDAT not C:\SOLDAT\MODS(etc..).

Deleted User
January 22, 2006, 6:16 pm
this is the best mod EVER!!
i would play soldat again if this became the official gostek and guns'n stuff.

g-force9
January 22, 2006, 7:35 pm
Best mod ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ivan the Psycho is the Mod king.

Mr. Boombastic
January 30, 2006, 11:11 pm
Most excellently constructed mod ive evr seen...

-VzX- Silverflame
February 2, 2006, 2:42 am
heck yea!! best mod ever created :D

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 9:35 pm
I's like to try this one out, but...uh...how do I use it? I don't want to sift through 24 pages of stuff, so if someone can help me out....:)

TaiQuin
February 4, 2006, 5:22 pm
[CENSORED]ING RAW as hell manye
how did you get the manger mod?? oh i was think lets have a toruny for everyone with this mod??? i think it woyld be a good idea

Deleted User
February 6, 2006, 3:35 pm
I have started a Mecha Soldat serve, read more:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=31614

DINLER.SERVEGAME.COM (Default Port)

You are welcome!

Le Ti Jian
February 7, 2006, 1:53 pm
EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't like the . between the 2 & the 3, and tries to make it a .3.exe file... which isn't a legitimate extension, as you can imagine, which rather confuses Firefox as it makes partial dls.

numgun
February 7, 2006, 2:34 pm
500th reply!!!1 lol

how exactly u make ur guns? u make a interface-gfx from scratch and resize it into smaller when making weapons-gfx?
u start with outlines or something like that?

Frenris
April 3, 2006, 11:47 pm
There should be a dedicated server somewhere running this :P. And if there is one can someone tell me the IP?

Meta99
April 4, 2006, 8:53 pm
Good,but when i try to play it,it says-"Address Violation" stuff.

How do I fix this?!?

EDIT:Never mind. Forgot bout the help forum.

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 9:11 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by FrenrisThere should be a dedicated server somewhere running this :P. And if there is one can someone tell me the IP?

There is a post which is about 3 posts above yours, that tells this.

Incase you are too lazy to scroll up, here it is. 212.37.31.20:23073

Shade
April 13, 2006, 3:52 am
Fun Fact:
(Just for the sake of trying) choose Ordog torso and legs, and the Shogo weaps set.
Then achange the Plasma Bazooka (LAW) to Hornet missile.

Once inside the game, choose the Hornet, crouch, aim right below you and shoot without any fear.

Rinse and repeat.

(Thought I'd tell about this one, it's rather funny)

rabidhamster
April 13, 2006, 5:55 am
 Quote:Originally posted by ShadeFun Fact:
(Just for the sake of trying) choose Ordog torso and legs, and the Shogo weaps set.
Then achange the Plasma Bazooka (LAW) to Hornet missile.

Once inside the game, choose the Hornet, crouch, aim right below you and shoot without any fear.

Rinse and repeat.

(Thought I'd tell about this one, it's rather funny)

I posted about that in the soldat bugs subforum. Video:

http://saturn.walagata.com/w/rabidhamster/storage/LAWbug.wmv

Edit: Damn new page thing...

adarius
April 13, 2006, 7:40 am
OMFG! ANOTHER UPDATE FOR 1.3.1!!! I am saved ^^

Edit: This mod pwns!

marc2006
April 26, 2006, 9:15 am
Mo#380;e mi kto#347; przys#322;a#263; spolszczenie na marc200333@gmail.com ?
This is text in polish.

Mäjsseli
April 27, 2006, 1:26 pm
This mod pwns. But somehow. Few of the guns are lacking reloading sounds. On the Mechwarrior soundset. There are missing sounds. Minimi reload sounds is missing. Hmm. There was another one also. :D . Cant remember what. But still love the mod. Keep up.
Umm. Btw? How many guns are in this mod :O ?

Glich123
April 30, 2006, 11:46 pm
Wow, this should set a whole new standard for soldat modding!!!

GAMEOVER
May 1, 2006, 8:14 am
it already has, but oh so many people want to see something else like a modern firearms mod from him

Deleted User
May 9, 2006, 12:45 am
I don't mean to be off topic, but did you get my emails Ivan? you have PM's disabled and I can't seem to reach you. Any reply will be appreciated ;) It's about WWII TCS config program.

Treak
May 9, 2006, 7:08 pm

*speachlesss*

damn i gonna load this

Didimow
May 30, 2006, 3:46 pm
how should i install such a big mod? Just install everything to the mods folder?
Im not very good at managing mods with configurators..
great work, must have taken aagess...

Zero72
June 3, 2006, 11:45 am
Whoa. I haven't looked at this mod in a long time, but since I was hunting around for other old mods I liked, I came back to give it another look.

It's been more than impressive from the word go, but now it's just something I lack words to describe. You, Ivan, are a god among men. This is the Soldat mod to end all Soldat mods. A work of art. A masterpiece.

Edit: But I did notice what I think is a glitch: For the Avatar upper body parts, the ranny files seem odd. Damage appears on parts that don't actually exist.

I'll try to remember to get a screenshot later.