( search forums )
soldat with games
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
SPARTAN_III
March 29, 2005, 2:26 pm
an idea for marketing.

how bout soldat included in big games like UT, Doom, Quake etc, but with a game theme: ie mods. so maybe UT2005 when it comes out can have a soldat mod based on it and same with other games

MM might make some major $$$

b00stA
March 29, 2005, 2:30 pm
No. We'll just end up with a lot of idiots on the servers.
Almost all of the people who buy UT, Doom etc. are not interested in Soldat. They will join a server, say "lol crap its 2d! LOL" then leave OR annoy the hell out of you by saying "how do ijump?" "HACKER CHEAT POOF U USE FLAM BOEWS?"
Ewwww.

MercyM
March 29, 2005, 2:57 pm
No, Soldat just needs to be alone. Someday it will be in the shops...? :P

Icarius
March 29, 2005, 3:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stANo. We'll just end up with a lot of idiots on the servers.
Almost all of the people who buy UT, Doom etc. are not interested in Soldat. They will join a server, say "lol crap its 2d! LOL" then leave OR annoy the hell out of you by saying "how do ijump?" "HACKER CHEAT POOF U USE FLAM BOEWS?"
Ewwww.

I concur....
Let people find it on thier own. TechTV has already invited a load of idiots into this game as it stands anyway.

dadarkman
March 29, 2005, 6:04 pm
...no idiots = No money = no game?
Or am i just an idiot?(probably yes)

Liber_Lupus
March 29, 2005, 6:33 pm
I doubt MM made this for money...

STEELIX
March 29, 2005, 6:38 pm
Nothing wrong with money though :)

Gen0cide
March 29, 2005, 6:45 pm
Yeah,he ended up making a hobby into a part-time job.
Sure,he gets payed $9 here and there,but thats better than most hobbies.

Hanz
March 29, 2005, 8:24 pm
I kind of disagree with b00stA. I play all of those games, and have before I even started Soldat. I find the fact that I played those make me a better Soldat player now, it helps in the reflexes.

As for putting the game with other games is a bad idea for a number of reasons, mainly being that it would just be cast aside, they payed for the other game, not Soldat. Another reason would be that it would'ent work, getting the makers and developers to put this game with their games is not an easy task, especially a freeware/pay registration game like this.

Either way the idea is not totally stupid of course, just when thought out logically, it woulden't work...

b00stA
March 29, 2005, 8:49 pm
Hanz, I play[ed] those games too, it's just that the broad masses aren't the right persons for Soldat.

mickle89
March 30, 2005, 10:21 am
soldat should stay free but still cost for reg and the benefits for reg should never change. Also the requirements for it should never go up. Its the uniqueness of it all how it works on slowish comps. I hav a fast comp and soldat is i play so thats how good it is.

UltraMagnus
March 30, 2005, 10:34 am
like has been said, i think it would be a REALLY bad idea for it to be bundled with other games

however, the idea i do like is it having a retail box ect that comes with the latest version of soldat and a key

damnnation
March 30, 2005, 11:33 am
no, jus no, soldat is a free-ware, fun game, it dusn't need to be as big as halo, i like it the way it is now.

Rhombus
March 30, 2005, 1:02 pm
damnation, its shareware. Freeware games are completely free, and unless you got a crack or whatever, you need to pay for jets, custom interfaces and music.

peemonkey
March 30, 2005, 2:50 pm
no, shareware unlocks parts of the game, the initial download being something like a demo
this is freeware with a little loyalty bonus if you want it ;)

Vanana
March 30, 2005, 8:05 pm
judt donate him $ome
and the game can get its own reputation by saying that there are tournamentds in
wich 100000 ppl participate? or appears on ESPN? (i wish that happnes :P)

Wopkeuh
March 31, 2005, 11:40 am
I like it the way it is.
Playing the free version or the registered version doesn't influence your gameplay.
Like peemonkey said, It's more a loyality bonus, the registered version.

And in my case I thougt the develloper deserved the money for doing it that way.
I'm a bit of a programmer myself and I can hardly imagine how much effort making this game must have cost,

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 12:11 pm
Soldat is fine the way it is. We don't need to get more players off of the "cool" shooters like UT, Doom, or Half-Life (though I myself have these games).

?
March 31, 2005, 4:06 pm
NARGH! Michal will stay middle class, if he becomes any other way we rise up and saw him in half while he is hanging upside down. (I love you Michal :D)

damnnation
March 31, 2005, 5:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rhombusdamnation, its shareware. Freeware games are completely free, and unless you got a crack or whatever, you need to pay for jets, custom interfaces and music.

i know and i wanne pay but don't hav a card and i'm not sending money to Poland

?
April 1, 2005, 3:17 am
tie it too a balloon. :D

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 4:19 am
mabe soldat should be promoted somehow... I mean.. what if I hadnt fount this game. it would be a disaster :O
actually.. I dont remember where I got soldat.. mabe Ill make a post on it at the bash pit..
anyway.. if more ppl discover soldat and its greatness, we would have more ppl to play with.
If they dont like the game, they gan go back to UT and half life or whatever...

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 7:07 am
No advertisement, i reckon soldat is a reward for finding the dang thing. plus the increase in idiots,i hate them so much *shakes fist*

lastpatriot
April 1, 2005, 11:54 am
Keep shaking! And, when a little online game garners praise from G4, it's bound to have the people who watch that come on:lamers.

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 10:01 pm
weeell.. oki, but if I dint have this game, and found it cos it was promoted somehow, I would be glaad

lastpatriot
April 1, 2005, 10:09 pm
C'mon, we already have video game magazines that have all the things the shows have: reviews, previews, cheats, strategy, ranting, angry staff members. Why do you need it on TV? Can these people not read, or do they not choose to?

DT
April 1, 2005, 10:42 pm
action figures though.... i mean
if money was a problem this might be looked at... but i don' think thier is any so nah say i a

Happy Camper
April 2, 2005, 5:59 am
quote:
TechTV has already invited a load of idiots into this game as it stands anyway.

Hey.....TechTV is how I found this game lol

April 5, 2005, 1:39 am
The day it hits the shops is the day i go mad. It will probably never come to Malaysia. Besides, why would anyone want a soldat mod for ut? If they want a war game, go get BF1942 or something like that