( search forums )
/vote commands
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
March 29, 2005, 9:34 pm
i think that there should be a command to type to make a vote instead of doing it through the menu. for example type /votemap ctf_laos or /votekick 2 (2 being the player number) so you don't have to scroll through the list. and also this can help to be able to vote non-mode maps...like when playing deathmatch and you want to play a ctf or an inf map, you could use this command to do so... and you can also kick relatively simply by doing so... and same for admin (/kick 2 and /map ctf_something) so it's faster for them too...although i think the /kick for admins already exists...what do you guys think?

Liber_Lupus
March 30, 2005, 3:09 pm
Why not, makes it easier and faster.

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 9:39 pm
yah why isnt this available, IM ANGRY GRRRR

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 10:22 pm
I think there should be more "fun commands" like /beer or /swallow grenade or whatever.. what do ya think?

UltraMagnus
March 31, 2005, 7:38 pm
i agree with psycho's idea, but changing maps by typing their name in just seems abit pointless when we already have a GUI way to do it

zyxstand
March 31, 2005, 11:38 pm
well, we can't vote for any map...just the ones of the type of game we're playing...and if enough ppl agree, then there should be a red vs blue (if it's supposed to be a ctf game) then later, when one team has proven itself to be better than the other team, they can vote to change maps again.

Alamo
April 1, 2005, 12:30 am
UltraMagnus: People who use computers a lot tend to dislike GUIs because they type quite fast and can accomplish nearly any given task faster by typing then by using a GUI. At least that's my opinion.

I really want this! Add a second parameter to type the reason for the vote kick. I hate just having a vote kick window popup without know what it is for.