( search forums )
Minigun -- a Dedication
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Elephant_Hunter
March 30, 2005, 1:19 am
[IMAGE]

I realize how painful it is for some of you folks to be a bit more liberal concerning Soldat weapons. Hell knows what I get for my comments. Don't hold back if you think that I am wrong, but weigh all sides with the same judgement.

During my Soldat journeys I have been very unbias and open to weapons, following the great Michal in his teachings of, "None is greater than another! All are equal."

But is it true?

How many of you really use all the weapons? Rotating once a week? Month? Year?...

U13 as my witness to the horror before me, that in fact we all have been avoiding a weapon and it's glory. The XM214 Minigun is a prize all it's own.

What's the problem, punks!? Use the friggin thing. Unload shells and release fury. Take a fine shot at your opponent and blow him to bloody bits. Who can deny us our kill? It's fair. You're dead.

If it takes "lag" to kill you then so be it. I know this makes me sound arrogant, and I am. The gun is a laggy SOB, but it's my angel of a sidearm. A portable turret.

Famine
March 30, 2005, 1:22 am
Oh, Look who got left out...in the DRIZZLE!

reckon
March 30, 2005, 1:44 am
Oh hey famine good one, keep up the good work.

zambo_the_clown
March 30, 2005, 1:52 am
quote:Originally posted by FamineOh, Look who got left out...in the DRIZZLE!

lol, looks like it. i agree with hunter though, if the minigun was put in the game then it was made to be used. im tired of people [IMAGE]in about the minigun and getting called minigun whore or a minigun surfer. hey if you can do it then it fair, deal with it and if you whine about it then your no better than a n00b. what the hell is this world coming to.

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 1:53 am
It not just a matter of lag that kills your opponents. It's all a matter of tricking the spattering of bullets. The minigun is truly a devestating weapon, as I have unfortunatly come to learn while playing U13 against people like mancer.

freakin' one hundred bullets..wtf

Hanz
March 30, 2005, 2:00 am
Testify Elephant Hunter...That is the exact attitude fellow soldat bretheren need. If thy Minigun is thy saviour, so be it. Unleash the fury of the beast, for it takes a true master to tame it.

At first there was nothing, then there was Soldat. MM gave us but 10 primary tools, and with these tools comes the destruction of friends, family, strangers. Who are we to judge their use...

that fuking sniper
March 30, 2005, 2:08 am
I make a point of not whining about any weapon in the game (at least in public games) for the sake of sportsmanship. I'm also very bashful of other whiners. I think the minigun is an easy asset for capping and throwing people around. I don't have fun when playing against or with minigunners - Most are either too hard or too easy to kill. Considering the stance I take, however, they can win the game by 10 caps for all I care, and I'll still use my AUG/AK/Spas/Minimi/M79/Whatever with my mouth shut.

peemonkey
March 30, 2005, 2:18 am
i think it'd be used more as a weapon if the kick was taken down to barely anything and the bullets did slightly more damage. i mean cmon, a 9mm MP5 bullet doing more damage than a (i believe) 7.62 MINIGUN bullet?
and right now people use it primarily as a jet-boost. ill re-download the game soon as the minigun is tweaked a bit for the better :P

Icarius
March 30, 2005, 3:52 am
quote:Originally posted by FamineOh, Look who got left out...in the DRIZZLE!

It causes everyone else got lagged out the server by his minigun firing upwards.

Elephant_Hunter
March 30, 2005, 4:59 am
Lol, no... that was the "rain" weather effect :P

Happy Camper
March 30, 2005, 5:34 am
Beautiful, brougt a tear to my eye..

Vanana
March 30, 2005, 8:11 pm
*sniff* *sniff*

nice speech...
why is the minigun a "n00b" weapon?
mostly cuz of its physical appearance..."oh l00k thaz a MInIguN! mUst Be my WePon o' Choice!!!
fire rate maybe?
even though there are some of the minigun pros out there...

STEELIX
March 30, 2005, 8:51 pm
I'm quite decent with the minigun, I use it a lot when spas starts boring me.

Happy Camper
March 30, 2005, 9:33 pm
ive been using the Mini Gun all day now, and i must say, its like the funnest weapon ever, and its funny cause i keep pissing people off with it, i keep killing them, and they cant hit me, very funny stuff.

Mini Gun is my new Favorite weapon.

Alamo
March 30, 2005, 10:04 pm
the first post in this thread has a ... perfect layout, was written perfectly... thumbs up ;)
now for the content: i totally agree with you. i think i'll use the minigun a bit more to see if i like it ;) i never really tried using it for anything else than goofing around.

lieroguy
March 31, 2005, 2:22 pm
You've convinced me to try to get familiar with the Minigun. But everyone who reads my posts knows that I believe that all weapons are created (mostly) equal.

UltraMagnus
March 31, 2005, 7:13 pm
im beggining to think im the only one who does use all of the weapons....

yeah, the minigun isnt overpowered at all, and minigun surfing is only usually slightly effective when there is >3 people doing it at once....

Michal
March 31, 2005, 8:58 pm
I find that the minigun is very useful as a heavy support weapon, usually it is most useful against zombies or in small maps. The main problem is that it spreads the shots too far apart.

To solve this problem I think that when firing the minigun, initially the shots would be straight and accurate, but as firing continued they would spread out more. Much like the statgun loses accuracy through continuous fire. This would simulate the soldiers ability to counter the recoil, but getting tired or whatever. I think this would encourage firing in short bursts, thereby reducing lag problems and making the minigun a completely usable weapon.

Happy Camper
April 1, 2005, 1:48 am
then dont you think that the charge should be reduced? cause if your trying to fire in short bursts, then you will get yer ass killed, unless there was some way to make it like, once you got the thing moving, if you know what i mean, then it just picks up faster, omg i cant explain it, i dont know how to use my words.

i hope one of you gets what im trying to say.

lastpatriot
April 1, 2005, 2:00 am
I know what you are thinking, Happy. Maybe it should have an automatic stop/start that happens maybe ever 20-30 rounds? If this was to be implemented, you would have to lower the charge.

murska
April 2, 2005, 6:53 pm
I think minigun is as good as any other, only thing I despise in Soldat is cheating. I hate cheaters.
I don't like it when people say sniper is lame, I rush with it and if they have any skill, they can counter it, I mean, one miss and you are dead, two enemies and you are usually dead.

Happy Camper
April 3, 2005, 6:48 am
i like binking berreters with the minigun, its funny as hell, cuz your just binking away, they have all the time in the world to line up the shot, then they miss, and you shoot them in the face with your soccom.