( search forums )
Poland and me
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Beren
March 30, 2005, 6:28 am
Hello everyone. So, I'm from Washington, USA, and I'm about to take a trip to Poland, to play jazz. How about that? Well, first we're(a big band and two combos(I'm in a combo)) going to Coppenhagen, then Warsaw, where we're playing at the Metropol Jazz Club, then later Krakow at Basztowa Music School, and we're going to see the Auschwitz camp museum and such, then back to Copenhagen to play at the Copenhagen Jazz Huset Jazz Club. I missed quite a few performances in there, but anyway... I just thought "Hey, Poland is all about Soldat! Maybe some Polish players'd have something useful/interesting to say about their homeland." If not, sorry for wasting your time.

p.s.(I'm leaving here on thursday, and I get back on April 9th.)

peemonkey
March 30, 2005, 6:38 am
which washington? is it a school thing? if yer in the school band we all reserve the right to laugh at you :P

vash763
March 30, 2005, 7:48 am
He didn't say DC, so I'm guessing its the WA im in. lol i didnt think ne1 else played, cept this one kid at my school that told me about it. (Where in Washington, unless its DC?)

ThaD
March 30, 2005, 8:32 am
Warsaw isn't interesting, nobody likes this city actually (sry Aqua ;o); Krakow - now this is st completely different, alot of places worth sightseeing, great ppl and atmosphere; have a nice flight

Melba
March 30, 2005, 3:48 pm
Krakow is a beatuful city, be sure to stop by at pizza hut, when i was there you could get a big menu for a bit more than a dollar. Not sure how it is now though, with the EU and all...

also if you're not going to visit the salt mines in eastern (south) west(ern) poland, you're missing out on alot.

EDIT

y0da
March 31, 2005, 3:44 pm
ummm, we dont got ?. Not until 2012 I guess. 1$ = 3zl. It was 4zl before the euro came. We wont meet together, but try to find MM in Nadarzyn ^^. Krakow indeed is beatyful, Warsaw sux. Try here http://forum.soldat.eu.org

Beren
April 14, 2005, 3:31 pm
I AM from Washington state (Yakima, Washington) and it is a school thing, but with my community college not my highschool (we have a program where you can take classes at both). I did like Krakow better than Warsaw, but it might have been because we stayed there longer. Both
cities were more beautiful than anything I'd come in contact with up until now. Our hotel in Krakow was kind of scrubby though (the Monopol) but it was real close to the Market Square, so we could walk there in a couple minutes. My condolences to anyone who was greatly affected by the death of the Pope. All our gigs got canceled, it was kind of interesting to see how the country reacted though, plus I had a lot more free time out on the town. I DID in fact get to see the salt mines, as well as the Wawel Castle and the Cathedral that all the Polish kings are burried in, and I touched the biggest bell in Poland and all that good stuff. I'm now jealous of anyone who can say that they're Polish, I really enjoyed my trip.

P.S. I think I'm addicted to amber, but it's not so readily available in Yakima.

ThaD
April 15, 2005, 4:38 pm
>> as well as the Wawel Castle and the Cathedral that all the Polish kings are burried in

not all, but a lot of them indeed

i'm glad you enjoyed this visit although we have a mourning here :(

blackdevil0742
April 16, 2005, 3:20 pm
Nice to hear that someone likes Poland :P
I like the country alot myself... maybe cause I'm born there and my mothers family lives there.