( search forums )
Hack and Slash mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 6:54 am
this would be a mode in which you and maybe a couple friends run around shooting bots but as you go on the bots get harder to kill and a better shot.
it would be one huge long map that just keeps going and going and you go through and have to kill all the bots before you move on.
maybe you pick up guns on the way to the end liek you start off with just a socom and a knife. and the bots drop weapons you can pick up.

Liber_Lupus
March 30, 2005, 3:13 pm
It sounds a bit boring to me and I doubt people would be playing this.

Alamo
March 30, 2005, 3:45 pm
how about advanced mode? your enemies get harder as you get better... and if you really want: TDM with you and your friends on alpha, bots on bravo. you can do the map yourself :) VoilĂ .

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 6:22 pm
hell if i didnt have internet and i didnt want to play with just a few mindless bots i would like an adventure game added on. maybe even a boss at the end which is crazy good with any gun and has all the pickups except flame god so hes basicly way too overpowered so you can never beat him therefor never win then people would spend hours trying to beat him (i would, although i already know thats hea invincible)

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 7:58 pm
Sounds like Little fighter 2 to me :p

Vanana
March 30, 2005, 8:00 pm
hmmm, like an invasion mode :P
u hold with ur friends a horde of aliens and
eveerytime u pass a wave, next becomes harder

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 9:25 pm
yes.. how bout some kind of fortress on a hill..
and enemies comes up from both sides..
and every 5.th level u get some bonus.
1 berserker bonus spawn somewhere in the fortress etc..
im just thinking.. it would be fun..
perhaps too un-soldat like :P

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 9:47 pm
yah i like this idea but has this been posted before?

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 10:43 pm
well search doesnt work for me for some reason so i suppose

Captain Ben
March 31, 2005, 2:56 am
True. It does sound like Little Fighter 2, but why would it be called Hack and Slash mode?

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 3:55 am
that was the first thing that popped in my head

UltraMagnus
March 31, 2005, 7:37 pm
heh, sounds a cool idea to me

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 8:43 am
yeah little fighters was fun, i like the outlast type thing with the small fort and the waves...could be called outlast. yeah i thought that the hack and slash mode was like a server with no weopons cept knife and fist ,man that would be gold. i tried that once on the net, but some noob came in and ruined it :C

Leo Da Lunerfox
April 1, 2005, 8:55 am
If you want some of that Defending action, wait until the Timeline Project releases Inf_Gettysburg, that map is our best Defend map as of yet. (In case you don't know, Timeline Project is a collection of single player levels that is being worked on right now.)