( search forums )
Kill Disantce
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
humanded
March 30, 2005, 11:09 am
Basicly iv been thinking about this for a while now :P

when you kill somebody it just says how they died and there team players can see there negative hp lvl when there dead, but what if they were to add a death distance so if you called someone with a knife it would appear

Knife[10m]
Barret[100m]

Would be fun just to see how far youv killed someone at, and to show how much you owned someone when you just killed them at a 2-3 screen distance :D

Flame me if you wish lol, just think it would be a good idea :) dunno if its already been posted, i did try and search a little

Liber_Lupus
March 30, 2005, 3:12 pm
It would be nice, then you could imagine how far was the soldier you killed with a blind shot.
I like it just as long as its somewhere away and in a small font. Perhaps in the upper screen. And you could turn it off with one of the F buttons.

Vanana
March 30, 2005, 7:58 pm
yea would be nice, and when u headshot som1 there should
appear a text like when u make double kill, but saying "HEADSHOT"

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 7:59 pm
Mmm, I dunno. I think it would clog up the screen to much. Just my opinion though

Alamo
March 30, 2005, 8:21 pm
Headshots are more or less random in Soldat. It makes sense for games like CS or so but not for Soldat.
The kill distance is just plain useless imo. It's not that much harder to hit someone in a bigger distance in Soldat. Again, it may make sense for CS where your target is smaller at higher distance. Plus I don't think something abstract like the distance of the enemy when he died will be interesting. You will look at it for some rounds then just ignore it.

Melba
March 30, 2005, 9:19 pm
FIRST WE NEED THE VALEUE!!!1!!!

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 9:29 pm
hmm.. distance meter sounds like a good idea..
but not TOO good.. :P

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 9:45 pm
i dont get whats wrong with this idea? its good

humanded
March 31, 2005, 12:28 am
it would appear on the left handside of the name, would beable to disable with the F keys or in the settings menu so it would appear

Humanded *nade pic*
[10m]Soldier
Humanded *deagle pic*
[15m]Soldier(3)
Humanded *knife pic*
[5m]Soldier(2)

mainly because every noob joins as soldat and sucks.. and you can triple kill with a knife :\ lol

zyxstand
March 31, 2005, 1:36 am
hmm, not good explanation humanded...i don't like the idea either because it simply is quite pointless to know from what deistance who was killed. it will never ever matter how far away the enemy was. it's just totally pointless!

Toumaz
March 31, 2005, 12:01 pm
For blind shots this would be great, IMHO. I support this idea.

MercyM
March 31, 2005, 12:05 pm
In real life, you can shoot with Barret up to 50 kms... :P

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 1:46 pm
u can prolly on soldat also... but no levels stretch that far :P

Michal Marcinkowski
March 31, 2005, 3:50 pm
This idea has been suggested for knife throwing, I think it would be cool.

>>you can shoot with Barret up to 50 kms...
I think the bullet would die because of age if it would fly that long.

MercyM
March 31, 2005, 4:09 pm
Yeah, the bullet burns in the air, right...? :|

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 4:51 pm
I really really like this idea. I think it would be tight not only to see blind shots and such, but it would also be tight for stat pages like U13. Farthest Knife Throw: Sniph 59 M

Swebonny
March 31, 2005, 5:08 pm
I thougt u only can shoot up to 5 km with Sniper... 50km is like from this village to that village..

Heh..

[EDIT]: Ops forgotted the topic. I like the idea :D Like Amx mod thing in Counter-Strike but not so f..... mush text..

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 5:19 pm
mabe we will see this in future versions..

MercyM
April 1, 2005, 6:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by snipercentral.com
Max Effective Range 1830 meters Internet lies... Not 50 kms... :I

Rhombus
April 1, 2005, 6:44 pm
Lol, 50 kms? You can shoot over san marino if that would be true. Lol I just read how small it actually is. If you walk the COMPLETE border of san marino once, you would've walked 39 kms, wich is less than a marathon. That means some ppl can run around that country in 2 hours! Wicked!

sbu-spyvin
April 1, 2005, 6:49 pm
quote: Headshots are more or less random in Soldat

We have headshot in soldat.
You can see that if somebody heads blows away from his body.

MyCatOwnz
April 1, 2005, 8:50 pm
It would be better to chang it from kill distance to something that's a little more relevant to the actual game: namely, kill TIME. Specifically, the time the bullet/knife/nade/buckshot spends in the air. It takes a lot more skill to kill with a large delay between firing and hitting (e.g. with a shotgun, knife or mp5) than to kill at very long ranges (barret sniping isn't exactly hard). Perhaps a game mode that awards extra points depending on said kill time?

Either way, this could possibly up the overheads too much serverside. You'd have to add about 5/12 [values before the "/" are for kill time, after the "/" for kill distance] extra lines of code executed (think roundabout 25/70 assembley instructions or possibly more with an inefficient compiler) and 4/16 bytes (one float value, for time, for float values for distance) for every projectile, plus about 5/4 bytes (depending on how much detailed info you send the client) to the packets sent for and about 3/9 extra lines of code executed (extending to maybe 35-100/65-130 extra assembley instructions, depending on the efficiency of your compiler and TCP/IP stack) every time a kill is made. Practicality (purely in terms of system requirements, ignoring the difficulty of programming it in and debugging) will be very strongly dependant on how efficient the TCP/IP stack and the compiler being used to build the Soldat executable are.

Michal Marcinkowski
April 6, 2005, 3:03 pm
quote:Either way, this could possibly up the overheads too much serverside. You'd have to add about 5/12 [values before the "/" are for kill time, after the "/" for kill distance] extra lines of code executed (think roundabout 25/70 assembley instructions or possibly more with an inefficient compiler) and 4/16 bytes (one float value, for time, for float values for distance) for every projectile, plus about 5/4 bytes (depending on how much detailed info you send the client) to the packets sent for and about 3/9 extra lines of code executed (extending to maybe 35-100/65-130 extra assembley instructions, depending on the efficiency of your compiler and TCP/IP stack) every time a kill is made. Practicality (purely in terms of system requirements, ignoring the difficulty of programming it in and debugging) will be very strongly dependant on how efficient the TCP/IP stack and the compiler being used to build the Soldat executable are.

Yes.

Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 11:10 pm
so u mean no, or do you mean yes in is this a good a idea?