( search forums )
question
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
EXR3dn3ck
March 30, 2005, 7:23 pm
is there a teamspeak channel or ventrilo, and what is a irc and where do i download it

Melba
March 30, 2005, 7:33 pm
www.google.com

Internet Relay Chat or IRC is basically just a chat client where you join channels and chat with other people instantly.
Most soldat players use the QuakeNet server, so choose that one when configuring your IRC client.
I suggest you download mIRC, www.mirc.com , as it's a user friendly client and not very hard to understand.
You could also download a client called 'Xchat', but for beginners, i recommend mIRC.

sadly not many people use Teamspeak or ventrilo anymore, but if you want to join a TS server, go to
http://dyn.u13.net:6080/
you can also find a download link for teamspeak there :)

EXR3dn3ck
March 30, 2005, 7:50 pm
what is the quakenet server ip or whatever

Melba
March 30, 2005, 7:58 pm
In mIRC you can choose QuakeNet (and the server you are closest too) from the options
But if you want to do it manually, it's

irc.quakenet.org
port: 6667-6669

EXR3dn3ck
March 30, 2005, 8:14 pm
ok, i did that buy u cant talk on a mic, it is just typing

Melba
March 30, 2005, 8:22 pm
Why on earth don't you want to receive PM's ?

anyway.. IRC is a chat client where you communicate in a text-based way.

Teamspeak and Ventrilo are clients where you talk to other people via these clients.
There is also an MSN type of computer phoning called 'skype', but that's about all the help you're getting for now ;)

b00stA
March 30, 2005, 10:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by MelbaInternet Relay Chat or IRC is basically just a chat client where you join channels and chat with other people instantly.
IRC is not a client. It's a protocol/system, that can be accessed by clients like mIRC.
Been correcting this for over 2 years in this forum, so don't comment on this now :p

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 2:28 am
EXR3dn3ck, while your sig isn't that bad looking, it's against Forum Rules. The file size and the lengh+width of it are too big.

peemonkey
March 31, 2005, 2:34 am
plus way too much text. suprised a moderator hasnt picked up on that yet..

Tha Doggfather
March 31, 2005, 7:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by EXR3dn3ckis there a teamspeak channel or ventrilo, and what is a irc and where do i download it

IRC --> google for it and find out. Just get an IRC client (like mIRC or Xchat) and read a tutorial.

Some soldat servers have teamspeak/ventrillo servers, like "!seb's pub" (look for it in the lobby).