( search forums )
My weapon replacements
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Raider
March 31, 2005, 1:01 am
(Noticed afterwards that I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry.)

I originally started making a Mario weapons mod.. But the weapons just seemed so.. Weird.. So I abandoned it and decided to make normal weapons.

This is the first weapon mod I've ever attempted, so I'm not sure how it turned out. All weapons are based on real guns... Though the sounds are probably off for certain guns because I couldn't get accurate sounds.

[IMAGE]

Desert Eagles and Spas-12 are the only unchanged primaries. M79 has a new explosion sound. I didn't want to get rid of the minimi because it just looks and sounds so damned cool, so I replaced the Steyr AUG with it..
The knife isn't any different except for a few small graphical changes and a different name.

[URL]

kylerlandry
March 31, 2005, 4:20 am
Wrong forum for this.It goes in the show off your.....section
Colt 1911 is rather short,your machete is really good except its short,M16 looks more like an M4....and its really bad,I wouldnt know that was an OICW if i saw it without the name.

MercyM
March 31, 2005, 4:20 am
They look like you've just edited the original ones...

peemonkey
March 31, 2005, 4:48 am
i dont agree with a single weapon change youve made
how is a pinner Magal going to displace an M249 to a 30 round turd-spitter??
how is an XM29 going to be the replacement for an MP5!?!?!
*stabs eye out*
maybe the winchester and M2 are okay, but other than that it makes my face hurt

now, for the quality of the images:
the shading can use some improvement, that xm29 looks like a toy
the single-black-pixel-thingy-summerizing-an-inch-of-metal look isnt too good :/

Norse
March 31, 2005, 4:33 pm
Dude, your mini-gun replacement looks like a jackhammer 0.o

Also I think you did an O.K job with the m-16, just darken it up a bit. You might make the machete longer, too.It resembles a knife when I look at it. :/

damnnation
March 31, 2005, 4:50 pm
winchester 71 looks cool, OICW looks a bit weird dusn't it ??

papasurf31
March 31, 2005, 7:34 pm
I think you mistaken th OICW for an XM-8, which is just the "kinetic energy" part of the OICW converted into a stand-alone firearm. The weapons don't look very good though, and the m2 is alreay the standard stat-gun (despite it looking the best of all your interface pics)

Raider
March 31, 2005, 8:19 pm
Ah well, it was my first attempt at weapon replacements. Hopefully things will turn out better if I have another go at this someday.