( search forums )
Silenced Guns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 6:06 am
I am currently working on 3 guns that will be silenced:HK, Barret, and Socom. I have already made the interface and ingame guns. I had to do all of them in paint so...yeah
Interface Screen:
HK
[IMAGE]
PSG-1
[IMAGE]
CONSTRUCTIVE critisism and suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: does anyone have any links to silenced gun sounds? if you do that would be really helpful...
EDIT: I redid the interface and tell me what you guys think. I still dont have sounds. i will work on this all little more tommorow and the dl should be out by this weekend.
EDIT: Screens updated
EDIT: Screens updated and only the HK and PSG-1 are displayed becuz the socom is fine

Rhombus
March 31, 2005, 6:24 am
Silencers are long, most f the times thin extensions to the barrel. You made it a short one. Make it longer, and if you wanna see how I do it, check the "teaser for my upcoming mod" topic in General discussions. I made that one, and look at weapon 1, Desert eagle .50 + Silenced Glock 17

kylerlandry
March 31, 2005, 6:31 am
PSG-4? Never heard of it,also make the suppressors longer on all of them except maybe not on the socom. They look so small espesially the one on the PSG-4 because it looks like and oversized barrett muzzle break. Also I dont believe the PSG-4(PSG-1?) should be called silenced because in order for them to be silent you have to use subsonic ammunition which probably wouldnt kill in one shot to the body. Also make a line showing where the suppressor ends and where it begins on the socom.

Vijchtidoodah
March 31, 2005, 6:43 am
You can find all sorts of nifty sounds here...but you'll need to either pay for them or record the low-quality ones (not really that much difference, though).

Captain Ben
March 31, 2005, 9:43 am
They look pretty sexy to me!

Rhombus
March 31, 2005, 10:52 am
I like this one better: [IMAGE]

You won't find it in a mod (I think) because I just made it.

EDIT: tutorial: Copy and paste the colors of the gun, make a rectangle around it, connect that to the gun, done. half a minute work.

MercyM
March 31, 2005, 11:25 am
Yeah, usually the silencer is pretty long. And the PSG looks a bit too "fat"

Rhombus
March 31, 2005, 5:46 pm
Oh and the PSG4 doesnt exist, by the way its still a barrett, but it has a fat silencer.

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 8:06 pm
Thanks for the suggestions. i will work out the imperfections.

quote:Originally posted by RhombusOh and the PSG4 doesnt exist, by the way its still a barrett, but it has a fat silencer.

I know that isnt a real gun...i was just making up something to finish the interface. Also it isnt the same thing it has minor edits that are small.

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 2:39 am
i want to thank Urhos for inspiration...i dont why it inspired me but i d/l'd his TC mod and i decided to make a silenced gun mod...

kylerlandry
April 1, 2005, 4:41 am
Edit your post next time instead of double posting.

Rhombus
April 1, 2005, 6:34 am
Constructive critisism: The silencer on the barret is still too fat, and now too long (it goes thru the text). You shouldn't curve the edges of the silencer.

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 11:13 pm
ok ive updated the screenies so tell me what you think now...hopefully it looks good

Rhombus
April 2, 2005, 9:07 am
The one on the hk is a pixel too thick, and the psg-1 doesnt look like a psg-1. Socom is nice tho.

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 1:14 am
well i made it from scratch i dont care what it looks like i was just making something up

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 1:19 am
quote:Originally posted by kylerlandryPSG-4? Never heard of it,also make the suppressors longer on all of them except maybe not on the socom. They look so small espesially the one on the PSG-4 because it looks like and oversized barrett muzzle break. Also I dont believe the PSG-4(PSG-1?) should be called silenced because in order for them to be silent you have to use subsonic ammunition which probably wouldnt kill in one shot to the body. Also make a line showing where the suppressor ends and where it begins on the socom.

who cares about if it isnt realistic soldat isnt a realistic game

Rhombus
April 3, 2005, 9:41 am
True, but it DOES have realistic weapons. Now beat that :p

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 9:27 pm
well then i'll look up a picture of a psg-1 and try to make...ok? maybe then it will be realistic enough for ya :p

Kamikaze_Ninja
April 4, 2005, 1:39 am
silenced guns eh keep it up ^-^ should be interesting to play against everything silenced =3