( search forums )
Carriable medikit...? :O
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MercyM
March 31, 2005, 4:19 pm
Hi, I'm here to post my friend's idea. Hehe.

What about in realistic, when you pick up a medikit, you can carry it (it makes you slower...) and use it when do you want to. (e.g. button "M" like medikit...?) How 'bout that?

Rhombus
March 31, 2005, 5:49 pm
Are you that "friend"? Cuz its really normal not to dare post something like this under your own name. Actually, I think it sux. But while we are suggesting stupid suggestions, how about vehicles? I'll make a topic about it. Nah just kidding. Dunno, I dont really like the idea, and it is a little more tactical than soldat should be. After all, isn't soldat a fast (most of the times mindless)shooter?

MercyM
March 31, 2005, 6:02 pm
It is my friend's idea.
Whatever. Would it be nice anyway if it should be my idea?

temp
March 31, 2005, 6:21 pm
i like vehicles, make it less tactical by putting in exploding easter eggs too.

Rhombus
March 31, 2005, 6:50 pm
shut up about the vehicles already.

I dont like this idea, but maybe the big and mighty M will. I sure hope he doesn't

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 7:20 pm
I'm 50% on it...I like it and I don't. I like it because I've played many realistic games where you could do that, and I don't like it because Soldat is unrealistic.

UltraMagnus
March 31, 2005, 7:27 pm
would be cool if you could duck behind a bush or somthing and use it, make it a lil more tacticle,

maybe if it took time to use it? like in bf1942

heh, vehicles, i like that idea

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 9:20 pm
lol vehicles but what type of vehicles? helicopters or tanks? maybe if they add water to soldat there could be submarines......

Gen0cide
March 31, 2005, 11:32 pm
No vehicles.No submarines.
No ufos.
GET OVER IT MM SAID HIMSELF HE'LL NEVER ADD VEHICLES

CottonTheMoth
April 1, 2005, 3:30 am
But vehicles would be cool..lol

Rhombus
April 1, 2005, 6:23 am
MeryM, Im sorry I brought up vehicles in your topic.

Swebonny
April 1, 2005, 7:16 am
i SUPPORT IT. It sounds nice.

:D:D

Captain Ben
April 1, 2005, 7:41 am
You could drop your seondary, then switch back to your primary, and like, have a medi-kit on your back! On your back!!

MercyM
April 1, 2005, 10:23 am
quote:Originally posted by RhombusMeryM, Im sorry I brought up vehicles in your topic.
No problem. ;]
BTW, it's MercyM, not MeryM... :P

Rhombus
April 1, 2005, 11:01 am
Woops, I know that, but I just skipped a key by accident, but I think you already figured that. What captain ben said would be nice, but then of course, you wouldnt be slowed down by carrying it.

Cowzilla
April 1, 2005, 2:42 pm
I like the idea of a carryable medkit. Make CTF runs alot easier.

dv297
April 1, 2005, 9:56 pm
Just think about it, the ffc is damaged and there are a bunch of men outside the base, you have a spare health box so you can give it to him.

But

If you are rushing a base and meet with an enemy who pwns, he kills you, the health box drops. This would mean he is back at full health and he still pwns. I don'y know if anyone would care but if I couldn't beat someone, I would atleast damage them and kill them in my next spawn.

So, you gotta realize when and where to pick up one.

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 10:16 pm
if this was ever made...they should not heal you completely since it is carryable. it should not be the same thing. for instance it should be smaller(enabling you to carry it) but at the same time it should not have the same healing powers since it is smaller
quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben
You could drop your seondary, then switch back to your primary, and like, have a medi-kit on your back! On your back!!
that is a very nice idea

oh yeah vehicles....hahahah...its never gonna happen noobs...

Deleted User
April 2, 2005, 12:52 am
u know were joking right?

Captain Ben
April 2, 2005, 7:38 am
I think to even it out, if you pick up a medikit, you can't use it yourself.
As said above it would be a pain in the ass if you got someone down to 1% health, along with yours in the progress, only for them to use their medikit (ON THEIR BACK!!), just to kill you. I think if they threw it down to pick it up in the situation above, is that they can't use it, but you can.
But players really could steal in capture the flag! Perhaps all of the boxes should be pick-up-able? Though the bonuses would still have to disappear eventually.

SPARTAN_III
April 3, 2005, 4:55 pm
i dont get why ppl hate the idea of vehicles

yeah carry a medkit on your back. use as necessary. maybe 2 different types of medkits one to carry one to use

MercyM
April 3, 2005, 5:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIone to carry one to use
You mean, that one to use and carry...?

Yukwunhang
April 3, 2005, 5:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIi dont get why ppl hate the idea of vehicles
Because MM hate it.

Keron Cyst
April 3, 2005, 5:34 pm
Well, maybe that too, but also because it's impossible to put in a 2D game.
In 3D games, vehicles can move on X & Y axes. If a rock's in the way, the tank can simply drive around it.
In 2D games, vehicles only have the X axis to move on. If a rock's in the way, that's it, unless the tank can blow it up (only possible in Liero :P).

I suggested a Field MediKit way before as a secondary "weapon."

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 6:24 pm
cant the tank just drive over the rock?

zambo_the_clown
April 3, 2005, 6:36 pm
a portable medikit, hmmmmm ok we dont want to make soldat like counterstrike or halo and sure as hell dont want to make it like battefield 1942 now.

Enemy
April 3, 2005, 9:22 pm
I like the idea about carying boxes...
It should be possible to carry one primary weap, one secondary weap and one box...... without any slowdown....
It should be possible to activate the obtained box when ever u want...
It should also be possible to give a team mate an obtained box.....
Medic boxes should heal 50%..... or healing 100% over 3 sec.... distrupted if moving under the healing proces.....
Slow health regeneration when lying or sitting could also be very cool..... maybe only regeneration upto 50% or 75% health (when lying or sitting).......