( search forums )
The Meaning Behind The Names?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Hanz
March 31, 2005, 6:17 pm
I was just curious if there was an actual meaning behind some peoples names, because a lot of them do not make much sense. I know, some of them are just names and don't have to have a story behind it, but if yours does share it!

Mine for instance has no background behind it at all, im not even German! It was just a bad assed name that I thought of one time, plus it goes well with the tag {MOMA}

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 6:25 pm
Field Marshal is my fav rank in ww2 and BM is the first and last letters of my last name

Liber_Lupus
March 31, 2005, 6:29 pm
My name means something really pointless in latin. I was just desperate for a name and don't want to change it now because people know me by this name. Google for a latin dictionary to find out(typo) the meaning.

McHate
March 31, 2005, 6:39 pm
Well my last name is McDonald so I thought I'd go with something that starts with "Mc". At first I was McNoob but everyone would always shout "NOOB!" after I killed them so last month I changed it to McHate, which means "Son of Hate".

.alex.oner.
March 31, 2005, 6:39 pm
my name is my name :/

lieroguy
March 31, 2005, 6:54 pm
My name, for those of you knowledgeable in the freeware game scene, is based off the game "Liero", which is finnish for worm. Back when Liero was really popular I had a nice website and stuff, and my yahoo ID so that I could have a geocities domain was "lieroguy". Since then, the name just sort of stuck though I havent play Liero in probably 2 years.

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 7:01 pm
Meh. My last name is McLeod (yes, like the Highlander), so I like to show off my scottish origins. I also like to scare the bejezuz outa people. And there you have it.

McSkaary.

peemonkey
March 31, 2005, 7:08 pm
how many of these have thier been in the past month??
peemonkey - first internet handle, named after 'monkeypee.mpg'
Jesus's Vagina - im a creative asshole
Fangus Deef - the name i use in real life. a homeless man we call 'legless larry' called me that, and it's stuck

Swebonny
March 31, 2005, 7:33 pm
LOl for Swebonny!

Swe=Sweden(a country far north)
Bonny=My name..meh

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 8:17 pm
I...like suicidal cows. That's it.

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 8:29 pm
*points downwards towards siggy*

Deleted User
March 31, 2005, 9:44 pm
i am excretion of the human rectum.

Jaz
March 31, 2005, 9:50 pm
I danced around when I was a little boy, spinnin and [IMAGE]. I was very active and my name is James.
so James - mes = Ja + z = Jaz. Also Jazz is like music, and dancing and [IMAGE]. And thats where the z comes from I think. Otherwise, people called me Jazza. I didnt want to be called Jazza in high school so it got shortened to Jaz and iv'e used it ever since. TEHPANW.

lieroguy
March 31, 2005, 10:37 pm
BTW, Liber Lupus, your name means Free Dog, or Freedom Dog or something like that.

Outcast
March 31, 2005, 10:52 pm
I like the game Outcast. And i felt i was an outcast at the time, so i chose this. And it stuck.

peemonkey
March 31, 2005, 11:37 pm
that was YEARS ago :P
and since yer a commander in the soldat forums, you are, in fact, and outcast XD

Outcast
March 31, 2005, 11:51 pm
Years ago yes :) I still say the game kicks ass.

vash763
April 1, 2005, 3:38 am
im a trigun fan, and i just use it for evrything

Gen0cide
April 1, 2005, 5:30 am
If you don't know what Genocide is it is the destruction of a race.

liquidis x snake
April 1, 2005, 5:53 am
Metal Gear Solid:

1. Solid Snake
2. Liquid Snake
3. Solidus Snake
4. OMG TEH LIQUIDIS X SNAKE??

paramud
April 1, 2005, 6:09 am
mine is a cross between my two favorite creatures, paramites, and mudokons.
atleast i didnt get mitokon...
actually that seems a lot better...

Green Barret
April 1, 2005, 7:30 am
Green Beret(awesome special forces) + Barret(my favorite weapon in real life and in game).

Part of the reason i started playing this game was because of the fact it had the barret. I just love its look, its huge bullet, and its BANG.

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 7:40 am
My name has a really nerdy story.
when i was 8 i made up my own language based on the 26 letters of the alphabet mixed with a few letters added. my name ben translated into Taal. it stuck

Vijchtidoodah
April 1, 2005, 7:47 am
This is my real name. I have no friends because people get embarrassed when they try no pronounce my name. Even my dog is afraid of me...but that may also be because I never shower (which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I have no friends). At least I didn't get stuck with a name like "Pahramoud" or something crappy that sounds similar.

Captain Ben
April 1, 2005, 7:56 am
Hmmm... It does to ;)
Captain Ben, or in Taal's case, Captain Taal! Anyway, I lost an eye and pirates in the stereo type, have one eye usually, or something missing (see Captain Hook or that bad-ass from Treasure Island), but I'm different.
I'm a HAPPY pirate :P

Liber_Lupus
April 1, 2005, 11:05 am
quote:Originally posted by lieroguyBTW, Liber Lupus, your name means Free Dog, or Freedom Dog or something like that.

Lupus is a wolf. So free wolf.

m00`
April 1, 2005, 11:19 am
I AM A SOUND

MercyM
April 1, 2005, 12:36 pm
MercyM.

Mercy, because when I was about 9-10 years old, I loved the song "No Mercy" in some of the "Command and Conquer" games...

M, because when I was about 11, I heard about mod making. I was excited, I searched, I downloaded couple of those, I was so happy. :]

dadarkman
April 1, 2005, 12:54 pm
once i was on a chat i had no name, so i thougt daman (the man) would be could, but than i joined a darkclan so it became dadarkman. get it?
My name on soldat (cupoftea) is just a name, nothing special.(and no, i dont drink tea much)

damnnation
April 1, 2005, 3:20 pm
nothing special, just that it came out that it's also some sort of a Greek God

MercyM
April 1, 2005, 3:27 pm
The map in Halo?

damnnation
April 1, 2005, 3:55 pm
eeuuhhh...what???, i don't ven play Halo/Halo2, i don't like Futuristic games and especially halo!

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 7:36 pm
So you play a game with soldiers who have jetboots...

wormdundee
April 1, 2005, 7:51 pm
like lieroguy i started out playing liero for...i dunno, couple years

since its a game about worms...y'know, crocodile dundee, changed into wormdundee

ive probably used this name for 5-6 years and i think its rare to find someone named wormdundee, so its good for signing up for things because noone else ever has it :D

btw, if anyone else was in liero, speak up, i was in Terror Sabbath and D11

Maxx
April 1, 2005, 10:03 pm
AGAIN:
My name with an extra X.

I've seen so many people online who share my name, which is kinda strange, cuz it's kinda rare.

AerialAssault
April 6, 2005, 1:27 am
I've never played Tribes:Aerialassault, i made up my name before i learned of such a game. I gave it to myself a few months after i started playing because i used the M79, and i felt i was rather skilled at hitting my targets from above...like a bomber...an aerial attack...but AerialAssault sounded better, people just call me Aerial though.

mickle89
April 6, 2005, 8:53 am
this sounds familar to my topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW my name is SUPREYES. From:
1. Suprise!!!
2. Super Eyes!!! - oooooo be warned lol

Came up with it coz i needed a name so it just came to my mind.

R0L4ND
April 8, 2005, 8:24 pm
Replace 0 with o and 4 with a, then take a guess.

Deleted User
April 9, 2005, 3:19 pm
I chose mine because I like to start trouble, and Loki is the god of mischeif. It sounds cool too.
BTW, my username is Loki, not szloki.

Deleted User
April 12, 2005, 5:37 pm
i used to have a fixation on gerbils n raccoons a couple of years ago when i started playing Soldat. BROKEN_gerbil sounds better than BROKEN_raccoon, even though everyone knows a raccoon could kick a gerbils arse anyday. the BROKEN doesn't mean [IMAGE] all