Update:
New scenery added
shading work
bug fixes

Supports; DM, TDM, RM, PM Enjoy ^_^

Overview
http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/the_eye.png[/img]

Download:
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=dl&file=VGhlIEV5ZSB2MS4xLnppcA==

If it needs anything done to it then i would appreciate the feedback so i can make it better.

No bot support but soon there will be.

Yukwunhang
April 1, 2005, 6:46 am

-More shading
-This is what I see when I open your map with map maker:
http://www.2and2.net/Uploads/Images/eyew.jpg

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 6:52 am
Yeah!..try fix the scenery...i hope u don't have set all scenery in front of the map..or the player..and u should try more experiment with scenery and make it transparent.

But .. u look have set out the polygons realy good..but for proove it take a screenie in wirframe mode =D

and yea it had be bettar with atleast a little shading

MercyM
April 1, 2005, 10:28 am
Looks very cool, I love maps like these.

Zero72
April 1, 2005, 1:33 pm
Looks great to me.

*get*

Edit: Or I would get, if the download worked... FireFox appears to think the file name is The, and it's some manner of application or something.

zambo_the_clown
April 1, 2005, 3:08 pm
lol you will never see any map shading from me cuz its a [IMAGE] and its about gameplay not graphics right?.... im just saying that since i suck at shading ;) no i was thinking of adding some more scenery and not all of it is infront of the player. i dont know what the hell transparency has to do with a tree or grass or what not cuz trees arent made to be looked thru if thats the case. The center of the eye will have more scenery added.

Liber_Lupus
April 1, 2005, 8:30 pm
The looks of the maps is as important as the gameplay. You wouln't be with a girl who has a great personality, but isnt really good looking, or would you? Same goes with the maps. You at least could've tried.

The Geologist
April 1, 2005, 8:42 pm
If you don't try you'll never learn. Heaven forbid you put forth effort.

Maps looks solid, good gameplay. Just shade those polys...

zambo_the_clown
April 1, 2005, 10:17 pm
alright if the public wants shading then they will get shading. is that all it needs???

MercyM
April 2, 2005, 5:04 am
It looks better now.

zambo_the_clown
April 2, 2005, 11:22 pm
ight im working on waypoints and a few more added polys for fixing the little cracks and poly spikes that cause soldiers jumping. thanks for the feedback

Alamo
April 2, 2005, 11:43 pm
IMO the map design is not the best one. You have divided the map into two parts where the main action will be. That splits the game up into two connected 'mini-games'. I don't really like the way you created the basic layout. The shading and scenery placement looks nice though.

zambo_the_clown
April 3, 2005, 2:25 am
the top and bottom are pretty much suppose to be divided. it may take a little away from meeting enemies on the otherside but yet at least i didnt put liana all over the damn thing like my last map lol. i dont know if i would delete the land that comes out in the middle (or so called divider) since it will put team 1&2 and 3&4 against each other, this would kick ass in survival mode i think. i look at it as being pretty even in gameplay; few sniper spots, good amount of open space for flying combat, closed in areas for minigun, MP, and shotgun, a few spots for camping and stealth kills (not long tho)

STEELIX
April 3, 2005, 11:38 am
Two words: Too big.

=)

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 1:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by zambo_the_clownlol you will never see any map shading from me cuz its a [IMAGE] and its about gameplay not graphics right?.... im just saying that since i suck at shading ;) no i was thinking of adding some more scenery and not all of it is infront of the player. i dont know what the hell transparency has to do with a tree or grass or what not cuz trees arent made to be looked thru if thats the case. The center of the eye will have more scenery added.

Let's get some dimension on the maps! if not it looks little wierd..u know trees in background ..and more

anyway! much better! ..keep working on putting out scenery =)

Darkspirit
April 3, 2005, 10:13 pm
Nice.