( search forums )
Even Teams == Fun Games
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Traciatim
April 1, 2005, 7:12 am
Sorry if this has been suggested before, but I'm relly tired of uneven games all of a sudden.

I would really like to see a way where in CTF or any team mode that the teams remain even for the whol game. I believe it would be fairly easy that the team with the lowest number of playes dictates how many players can be on the map at once, peopel spawn in the order they died.

For example, in CTF if there were 3 v 6, then only 3 people per side could play, as one person on the 6 team died the next person in line would spawn until the teams get even again.

This would avoid problems where 2-4 people leave a team at once and all of a sudden there are 3 points on the board cause one team had more players for a short period.

Server Setable, Balance Teams can be checked, beside it 'Always Even Teams'.

Futile
April 2, 2005, 12:05 am
I vote in favor.

Deleted User
April 2, 2005, 12:46 am
yah isnt it supposed to stay even if u selct even teams?

Deleted User
April 2, 2005, 1:18 am
I fully support this idea.

I joined a server last night where it was 6v2, realistic survival CTF. The other guy on my team was named Soldier, and I couldn't stand to stay any longer when he asked me: "how u go invisible?"

vash763
April 2, 2005, 1:31 am
i second this

Michal
April 2, 2005, 1:48 am
This is a really good idea.
A game in a good map is often ruined by unfair teams.

DT
April 2, 2005, 3:42 am
shuffler...
that would do alot thier...

Deleted User
April 2, 2005, 4:42 am
i dont know if i support this or not...it seems like a good idea but it would be unfair becuz some people would not get to play becuz the person who died would have to 'sit out' and would not be able to play

Gen0cide
April 2, 2005, 4:43 am
I quadruple this,this would be a great idea to help make soldat even funner and more enjoyable in public servers.

zambo_the_clown
April 2, 2005, 4:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliI fully support this idea.

I joined a server last night where it was 6v2, realistic survival CTF. The other guy on my team was named Soldier, and I couldn't stand to stay any longer when he asked me: "how u go invisible?"

ive encountered this idiot too much and he is a jerkoff and talks too much crap and sucks.

on topic:
this would prove good but then might people start to leave the game(peeps who havent spawned yet) if no one joined the game?

MercyM
April 2, 2005, 4:57 am
Good idea. I hate when's 2 vs 4 or something.

Deleted User
April 2, 2005, 5:57 am
i support it, but you cant tell me its fun when its you verse 4 newbs in CTF and you snap them left right and centre and then they accuse you of cheating.....good times

Captain Ben
April 2, 2005, 7:32 am
I love this idea, though it would make ctf zombie matches very boring, so perhaps it should be an option...
Also it can be very fun fighting a team 2 to 6 and winning :P

lastpatriot
April 2, 2005, 6:07 pm
Good idea, in INF, me and the other Alpha's get whipped because they have 3-4 more players.

Aegis
April 3, 2005, 3:30 am
The "Even Teams" option only works for when players first join the game. Why not simply implement an auto-balance feature.(server option, enabled by default) Meaning the server checks how many players are on each team each round and if they are unbalanced it would forcefully move players to the other team to balance it. This is in a lot of new FPS. ( actually you might be able to do this with the new script-driven server tools if you could see howmany players were on each team, and using console commands )

Captain Ben
April 3, 2005, 11:25 am
Perhaps, once two players enter (in a ctf match, for example), when another player enters, he could be kept in a stock-rotation, like said above. Though, it could be an issue if it's 2 vs.1 and a camper would just sit in a bush for something like four minutes.

Keron Cyst
April 3, 2005, 3:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Gen0cideI quadruple this,this would be a great idea to help make soldat even funner and more enjoyable in public servers.
Same here. I've never actually had such unbalanced matches before, but I sure wouldn't want to have one any time soon (unless I feel like I wanna be Rambo & take on 3 soldaten at once :P).

Rhombus
April 3, 2005, 6:35 pm
this would crush climbing maps tho...

UltraMagnus
April 3, 2005, 9:34 pm
/sign

Judge_Man
April 4, 2005, 5:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliI fully support this idea.

Hahahahaha that's funny. And i guess no one of the other team wanted to switch..

On topic: Great idea. [improvement] It's 6v3, only 3 players per team and players who dies in the bigger team are automaticly switched to smaller team until it's even or with 1 player difference btw teams?? [/improvement]

Marine
April 4, 2005, 7:20 pm
Wait, are you trying to abolish uneven teams altogether? No thanks.

It's way to fun on challenging INF maps, when Blue has SUCH a fortified base the Red to Blue ratio needs to be at least 2:1. Plus, it's always fun to have an uneven game every once in a while.

UltraMagnus
April 4, 2005, 8:44 pm
no, we are talking about having a server side option that abolishes uneven games

yes, abolishing them alltogether would be stupid on zombie servers...

how about if the teams are uneven the spawn time on the larger team becomes greater?

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 8:51 pm
I think the players should decide whether or not the teams even out, because you can have 2 good players against 6 noobs and have some fun.

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 9:11 pm
yah just kinda leev it the way tis.

Traciatim
April 17, 2005, 6:26 am
Like I said originally, it's a server side option, which makes you still able to play the way it is. The two options would be 'Balance teams' and 'Always Even Teams' which stops peopel from joining the team with more players and also stops people from having a one sided game just because your three buds left and now it's 3 v 6.

Also, this would have an additional effect of people who are waiting will switch becuase they don't want to wait longer.

I've been playing a lot lately and I always seem to leave after the teams fall apart and then just get mad cause the game sucked so much.